PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:22 pm
MortalPosts: 22Location: CanadaJoined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:24 am
Hello

Anyone out there? I don't see any new posts that appear as 2009

Is the game, or forum dead?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:35 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 725Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:25 pm
oh that's pretty strange indeed, either your computer has some problems, either I've been talking with ghosts for the past 10 month... either way I'm not sure it's a very good situation...

Seabolt 12%
Dr Tenebrous 100%
C.O.R.E. 100%

Pulp City collection (84,21% painted):
32* Supremes out of 38**
*incl. alt. Gentleman
**incl. Herald
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:37 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 157Location: Germany - KrefeldJoined: Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:43 pm
Neither the forum or the game is dead. Something is wrong with your browser. Life is shooting, kicking and hitting each other in Pulp City, just as it should be. :D

Total Supremes: 52+11 Minions / Painted: 45+9 Minions
Todo:Acorn,Kitty,Le Murtiple(3),Lady Cyburn,Hadron(2),Virgo,Tritonious
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:50 pm
Must be a date thing. This post shows as 2008 too

Not a problem on other forums.

Oh well will assume dates are 2009

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 2:37 am
User avatarHeraldPosts: 472Location: Akron, OHJoined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:03 pm
Must be some breach in the space-time continuum. Quick! Someone repair the flux capacitor!

Really though . . . it's only getting busier and busier around here!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:12 am
the game has always sort of interested me, but gets pushed down want list in favor of other games

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:24 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
Take the plunge Talisinbear! Join us! We have spandex and attitude problems galore! You know you want to! Join us in....PULP CITY!! Muwahahahaha!!

Ok so maybe I'm not the best arch villian ever. At anyrate hang out check out what's happening and proxy a game or two if you like. All the rules and stat cards are here so it's easy to do. Once you get into it you'll wish you'd done it sooner.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:14 am
User avatarMinister of PulpPosts: 2027Location: Street FightingJoined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:13 pm
Welcome back Time Traveller.
Life forms detected.
Stay for a bit!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 2:59 pm
At present I am writing a Pulp novel, well book one ready to send to publisher, and writing book 2 and a couple of spin-off projects. no super powers, more in The Shadow style although magic and myth exist.

Also in gaming terms Malifaux is intriguing me right now.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:32 pm
User avatarDefender of the NeighborhoodPosts: 130Location: the NetherlandsJoined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:21 pm
the big advantage of games like pulp city, malifaux (and plenty other "small company" games.)
is that it isnt a life.. and especially budget changing decision where by the time you have sunken most of your salary in building a playable army you find out the army isnt playable anymore in a year ;)
skip the bottle for one weekend and you have a starter force ;) (hmm.. so it MIGHT ben life changing.)
so loyalty can be easily spread out.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:42 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 725Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:25 pm
Malifaux actually looks intriguing, besides, Wyrd minis are appealing...

Seabolt 12%
Dr Tenebrous 100%
C.O.R.E. 100%

Pulp City collection (84,21% painted):
32* Supremes out of 38**
*incl. alt. Gentleman
**incl. Herald
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:50 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
I took the Malifaux plunge myself recently. It's a very fun little game with great minis and a good crew is very easy on the wallet. Fun little game. I'm trying to organize a regular "Skirmish Night" at my LGS. Give people a chance to play Pulp, Malifuax, Infinity, Anima Tactics, and whatever else floats peoples boats. Sometimes hard to break into the GW, PP crowd though. Well no matter I play Skirmish games because I think they are better systems, more fun and creative, less competitive, and I love to support the little guys. Plus the community is so much more supportive.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:11 am
anima tactics interests

but the rulebook seems to be in constant delay

and I hear the basic rules lack any depth at all. Is that true?

Also heard they say you can play with only 2 minis, but most say at least 3, What size force is most reasonable ?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:23 am
Couldn't say really. I proxied a few games and found it ok. Models just weren't my thing and I felt that Pulp City had more depth of character, so I came here and I've been here since. Right now I personally am playing Pulp City, Malifaux, Warlands, and Infinity every now and again. That's about it. But being the Uber Geek I am I do keep tabs on what else is out there.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:03 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 472Location: Akron, OHJoined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:03 pm
Beermonkey wrote:
..I'm trying to organize a regular "Skirmish Night" at my LGS. Give people a chance to play Pulp, Malifuax, Infinity, Anima Tactics, and whatever else floats peoples boats. Sometimes hard to break into the GW, PP crowd though...

My LGS is a big GW/PP shop. I have found the major issue with getting the "hardcore" fanboys of those systems to try out the smaller games (Pulp City/Malifaux/MonPoc) and even some different types of games (Last Night on Earth/Arkham Horror) is the impending fear that they will sink a bunch of money into a system and support/local players will drop off. This happened a few years ago with Dark Age, and then with Anima Tactics, and then most recently with AT:43. I have been able to win some of these guys over by making sure my stuff is available to them whenever they want to play and by keeping the Pulp City information coming. The initial cost to get into Pulp City and the rules download have been a tremendous help thus far - nobody is selling off their firstborn to get started; and the environment is "new" and different from the standard fantasy/future post apocalyptic environment. I am also fortunate enough to be associated with a shop that isn't afraid to put an order in for new stuff and see who bites on it.

I think an open skirmish night is an awesome idea - I have been talking with the shop owners about getting something similar to this started (more of an open demo night - to include even the bigger systems).

Talisinbear, I think you will be very pleased if you jump into Pulp City. Go straight to the high dive, jump in head first and submerge yourself. You won't be disappointed. I've tried Anima Tactics a few times - yes, you can do two mini's, but the setting, minis, and gameplay didn't do much for me. . . put on your cape and tights instead!