<  FAN SECTION  ~  I love creating Supremes

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:12 pm
User avatarHeroPosts: 354Location: Tindal, AustraliaJoined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:53 pm
Okay, I'm addicted. I love creating Supremes. There's just something about the whole process that I love.

Here's my latest "brainchild", the Kid. I envision him being just a kid who finds he's able to do a whole suite of cool tricks. He's met Acorn, and she's okay, for a girl, but he wants more exciting stuff to happen than flowers growing and butterflies sitting on you. He's also got a lisp.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The Kid
Nature Supreme Hero/Villain

The Kid was left orphaned in the park after the first Ulthar invasion, and became firm friends with Acorn. He loves the park and the possibilities it brings for imagination games, and when he plays, reality twists to accommodate him.

:STR 2
:DEF 2
:ENG 2
:AGL 2
:MND 5
:SPT 4

LVL 1
AP 4

DMG 7

Skills: Mind's Reach, Mind Fortress

Wanna Bigger BOOM ( :MND / AP 3)
Choose a SBl or a Bl within 12? of the Kid. Increase its blast by 3?. This power may be used outside the normal turn sequence.

No, Weal Buwwets! ( :MND / AP 2)
Increase the NRG of the next :MND- or :SPT-based ranged attack a friendly Supreme within :MND range makes by 2.

Tha's Onwy a Water Pissol, Siwwy ( :MND / AP 2)
Enemy weapons are reduced to toys. Projectile attacks within :MND range decrease their power by 2 and become Water damage, if they weren't already. Tha's Onwy a Water Pissol, Siwwy lasts until the end of the Game Round.

Scawy Dweams ( :MND vs :SPT / RNG 6 / AP 2)
Illusionary teddy bears with gnashing teeth chase the victim.

Team Power: Wandering Imagination
At the start of the game round, the Kid must make an Opposed Roll against his own :MND vs :SPT. Compare the scores. If his :MND score is higher, nothing happens. If his :SPT score is higher, roll on the following table:
1 The Kid gains an additional 2 AP for this Game Round, and increases his AP Allowance by the same.
2 The Kid may only make one Movement action this Game Round
3 A friendly Supreme within :MND range gains Flight. This lasts until the end of the Game Round.
4 Exchange the closest terrain piece to the Kid with any other piece on the game board. If a model is inside either, they must make a :STR vs :STR or :AGL vs :STR Opposed Roll or be knocked down. There does not need to be room for the terrain piece in the new location. It is assumed that the Kid's imagination just makes it fit ? do likewise.
5 The Kid gains Blitzer 4 until the end of his next activation.
6 Illusionary teddy bears with gnashing teeth chase the Kid. He must move 4? away from the closest terrain piece and may not activate this Game Round.

Comments?

Last edited by Cilionelle on Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:58 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:31 am
User avatarHeroPosts: 354Location: Tindal, AustraliaJoined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:53 pm
The Illustrator
Mystery Origin Supreme

No-one is really sure where the Illustrator came from, other than looking like the every-day guy in the comic book store. He's managed to channel most of his power through his writing implement, proving that the pen truly can be mightier than the sword.

:STR 2
:DEF 3
:AGL 4
:MND 4
:SPT 3

LVL 1
AP 4

DMG 7

Skills: Future Sight, Lucky, Resourceful 1

1000 Words ( :MND / RNG 6 / AP 4)
Target enemy Supreme is overwhelmed with the Illustrator's pictures. The target may not be activated for the remainder of the Game Round. Mechanical models are unaffected.

Sketch 'Im! (R :MND vs. :SPT / RNG 6/AP 3)
Phantom images from the Illustrator's sketch pad rush the target models. Do not reduce the power of this attack after contacting terrain elements.

Didn't See That Coming ( :MND / AP X)
The Illustrator redraws his friends in a more advantageous position. Move target friendly model X?, where X is the number of AP spent.

The Pen is Mightier ( :MND vs. :SPT / AP 2)
After the Illustrator is hit with a melee attack and taking damage, make an Opposed Roll. If successful, the model who attacked the Illustrator takes the same amount of damage. This power is not usable if the Illustrator is Incapacitated or Eliminated. This power may be used outside the normal turn sequence.

Team Power ? Universal Language
The Illustrator may command any friendly minions on the board, regardless of distance.

Last edited by Cilionelle on Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:35 am
Blue Mountain
Nature Origin Hero/Villain

Blue Mountain's power comes from being avatar to the Cat Sídhe, Irish spirits trapped in America during the War of Independence. They see the danger of the Necroplane and the Ulthars and actively fight against it. Blue Mountain was a young lady who met the Cat Sídhe in a park (the same one that Father Oak hails from) and was changed to some sort of great cat by them. She is black with a large white spot on her chest.

:STR 5
:ENG 1
:AGL 5
:MND 3

LVL 1
AP 5

DMG 8

Skills: Fury 1, Annoying, Hatred (the Forgotten), Super Duo (Warden, :DEF)

Call of the Wild (SBl2 :STR vs. :DEF / AP 3)
The Cat Sídhe erupt from Blue Mountain, ripping into those that oppose them. Make an Opposed Roll against each enemy in the blast.

Snarling Growl ( :MND vs. :SPT / AP 3)
Blue Mountain's hackles rise and she growls menacingly. Target model makes an Opposed Roll at -2. If failed, the Model must immediately make a Move* action or be Knocked Down.

Judgment Declared* ( :STR vs. :DEF / RNG 4 / AP 2)
The Cat Sídhe pronounce judgment on a foe and stream towards it, occupying it while Blue Mountain attacks. For the remainder of the Game Round, the targeted enemy suffers a -1 penalty to all Opposed Rolls against Blue Mountain.

Bite* ( :STR vs. :DEF / AP 2)
Blue Mountain attacks, gaining +2 :STR in the Opposed Roll.

Team Power ? Spectre of the Night
Attacks from farther than 6? automatically miss Blue Mountain. Charges from outside 6? are considered separate actions (and thus don't gain the charging bonus).

Last edited by Cilionelle on Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:44 am
Warden
Nature Origin Hero/Villain

A Pulp City Parks and Gardens worker, Warden laboured for many years to keep the city's parks neat and tidy. All that was destroyed, however, when the Mysterious Man sent some twisted creations against the city. Warden was in one of the parks when the terrors hit, and with the aid of Father Oak, Acorn, the Kid, a stranger calling himself Revenant and a great cat called Blue Mountain, Warden was able to drive the creatures off. He was imbued with a natural energy, flowing straight from the life-force of the city itself, or those parts of it still in tune with nature. Acorn has since dubbed him Knight of the Underbrush and he takes his role very seriously.

:STR 4
:DEF 4
:AGL 3
:MND 3

LVL 1
AP 4

DMG 9

Skills: Lucky, Resourceful 1, Super Duo (Blue Mountain, :MND)

Giant Killer ( :SPT / AP 1)
For the remainder of the Game Round, against models with a larger base size than himself, Warden gains +2 to all Opposed Rolls.

Snare (Bl2 :MND vs :AGL / RNG 6 / AP 3)
Warden has set the battlefield with traps. One of them goes off with his word of command. Any models damaged by the power are knocked down and are Burdened for the rest of the Game Round.

Guardian of the Underbrush ( :DEF vs :STR / AP 2)
When a friendly model within :SPT range of Warden is hit by an attack, make an Opposed Roll against the attacker. If Warden wins, reduce the damage suffered by that amount.

Lord of the Underbrush* ( :AGL / AP 1)
Movement action. Warden may move 4?, ignoring difficult terrain or obstacles up to 1? in height.

Team Power: Life Forces
Whenever Warden is within 2? of a forest or natural terrain feature at the start of a Game Round, he gains Tactician 2 and may use the Throw and Power-Up Trump Trait actions for the duration of that Game Round.

Last edited by Cilionelle on Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:46 am
Revenant
Mystery Origin Hero

Archibald Szawiour's past was plagued with insecurity and a seemingly irrational fear that someone was out to get him. It proved to be correct and, having seen the future of Archibald as a Supreme in Pulp City, a Necroplane Lord dispatched killers into the past to take him out. Unfortunately for the Necroplane, he was not completely destroyed. As the last breath left his lips, Archibald was turned by a passing vampire who took pity on the man. The experience was an excruciating one, but Archibald survived and chose to become Revenant, using the powers he'd been given to exact revenge against the Necroplane.

:STR 4
:ENG 3
:AGL 4
:MND 4
:SPT 6

LVL 2
AP 6

DMG 14

Skills: Blitzer 1, Monster, Levitation

Unnatural Grace ( :AGL / AP 3)
Revenant gains Reach 1 and Fury 1 until the end of the Game Round.

Terrifying Gaze ( :MND vs. :SPT / AP 2)
Target model within Revenant's :SPT range becomes Burdened until the end of the game round.

Empower* ( :SPT / AP 0)
Once per Game Round, when in base to base contact, Revenant may use up to 2 APs the opposing model has in its AP pool to fuel his own actions, as long as the enemy model is capable of generating APs. These stolen APs are assigned to him from the opposing player's AP pool. They are returned at the start of the next Game Round. These extra APs also count against Revenant's AP Allowance. (Needs rewording. Basically the idea is that Revenant can steal APs from an opponent in B2B, representing the sucking-of-life-force-ness of vampires)

Turn ( :SPT / AP 3)
When a model is incapacitated or eliminated by Revenant, it may be replaced with a Vampire Spawn minion, who can act as normal next Game Round. The Vampire Spawn cannot be targeted or damaged in any way until the start of the next Game Round.

Team Power ? Immortal Wound
When Revenant suffers enough damage to become Incapacitated, he is instead Knocked Down and may not use Actions or skills. He does not generate APs for the Action Pool. Revenant may not take any Objectives and if he carried any Objective items, these are immediately placed next to him and may be picked up. At the start of the next game round, remove 5 points of damage from Revenant. He may now generate APs and activate as normal.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:39 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
Maybe you need to keep some ideas back for SG 4! :P

I'll try to post some thoughts on each in the next few days.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:31 pm
Well, there's no real way to tell what SG4 is going to be (Villains? ETs? Monsters? Chickens?), so no use waiting, I reckon. It's too much fun. But I do have an ace in the hole, if it comes to that!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:08 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 725Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:25 pm
I love the illustrator, I just can't stop hitting myself for not thinking about him earlier!

Seabolt 12%
Dr Tenebrous 100%
C.O.R.E. 100%

Pulp City collection (84,21% painted):
32* Supremes out of 38**
*incl. alt. Gentleman
**incl. Herald
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:53 pm
Any comments or criticisms? 40 views and only two comments... c'mon! :STR with your best shot! My :DEF is high, as is my :SPT !

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:30 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
Okay Tom, here goes:

The Kid - crazily inspired concept, like something out of a cartoon (a good thing in this context) but maybe the random table is a bit too much complexity for my liking. The exclusive actions are fun and coolly thematic, but the Team Power seems a little too over the top. On the whole, great fun ideas, that could spawn a really cool mini.

The Illustrator - right, now you have unleashed my inner comics nerd, who knows of an obscure villain from the 40's called the Artist (MLJ comics) with vaguely similar reality-affecting powers. The character feels more modern (post-modern?) than that though, the kind of thing that Grant Morrison or Gerard Jones would conceive. The only tweaks I would suggest is maybe reducing his AP total (and the AP cost of 1000 words) to 4, and maybe making 1000 words ineffective against Mechanical. Great idea - trying to visualise a truly engaging mini could be hard though! :)

Blue Mountain - okay, I don't 'get' the name, sorry. Otherwise a pretty interesting concept. I don't agree that her Snarling Growl action should impose a penalty - I am not too fond of such penalties since it seems to force the action into working rather than allowing two models to compete on their own ablities (ie traits and rerolls). I don't think Bite should be a * action, since most movement actions are anyway, and having +2 to the opposed roll is something that dosen't sit well with me, especially as it is a form of third strike for her, coupled with a Move* (1 AP per Strike, 1 AP for the Move, 2 for the Bite). I don't like bonuses being contained within the action being boosted. I like her Team Power, very evocative, but what about allowing :MND based actions to still work - it seems fitting somewhow that mystic-types could still affect the model. I could really imagine her as a tabletop mini.

EDIT: it took me a few minutes to realise why Bite is * - to represent a ferocious assault, so maybe ignore what I said earlier about not being *...

The Warden - a nice little concept here, although I think one of the warden or Blue Mountain (probably the latter) should be L2 since that plays the duo within the team-building framework (like Acorn and Father Oak). Giant Killer is a buff to opposed rolls I do agree with - I don't think such bonuses should be built in, but rather requiring another action means resource management (AP, allowance and sequence of actions) requires more thought, so Giant Killer works for me where Blue Mountain's two actions do not. the actions and ablities seem very fitting. Another mini I can picture, especially because there are probably quite a few ways it can be approached.

Revenant - heroic vampire. This grabbed me less than the others, simply because they felt more unique takes on supremes. Empower needs reworking, I don't think it should be a flat opportunity to steal, but should have risk calculation - ie an opposed roll. Maybe Unnatural Grace should be AP 2 to allow one move with all of those strikes, since he becomes quite static otherwise. Otherwise the rest of the abilities seem to fit well. Vampire minis can be great fun if executed well - I can imagine a JVS sculpt with swirling cape for some reason.

I think there are three strong ideas that really show both invention and originality within the Pulp City scene, and the fourth is not without its own merits in execution. I think they would all be credible and worthy entrants to potential SG contests. Well done my friend. :)

Leon.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:33 pm
leonmallett wrote:
Okay Tom, here goes:

The Kid - crazily inspired concept, like something out of a cartoon (a good thing in this context) but maybe the random table is a bit too much complexity for my liking. The exclusive actions are fun and coolly thematic, but the Team Power seems a little too over the top. On the whole, great fun ideas, that could spawn a really cool mini.

Yeah, he was supposed to be a lil wacky. I'd've made him more wacky, but I'm only allowed 4 powers and a Team Power... as for that, the Team Power is supposed to be a little wackier than most, and complex too.

leonmallett wrote:
The Illustrator - right, now you have unleashed my inner comics nerd, who knows of an obscure villain from the 40's called the Artist (MLJ comics) with vaguely similar reality-affecting powers. The character feels more modern (post-modern?) than that though, the kind of thing that Grant Morrison or Gerard Jones would conceive. The only tweaks I would suggest is maybe reducing his AP total (and the AP cost of 1000 words) to 4, and maybe making 1000 words ineffective against Mechanical. Great idea - trying to visualise a truly engaging mini could be hard though! :)

Changed the cost of 1000 Words and reduced his AP allowance. Not sure about Mechanical (and Non-Living?) since it currently represents the overwhelming of senses, more an illusion than a mindtrick. But if balance required it, I'd be happy to change it.

As to mini, well, I think a man standing in a combat stance, pen outstretched (from the ground up in a sweeping motion), with some sort of creature/drawing emerging from the stroke would look pretty cool...

leonmallett wrote:
Blue Mountain - okay, I don't 'get' the name, sorry.

There's nothing really to get. Just came to me, fit, etc. I was actually trying to think about something from Sydney, which was a fail.

leonmallett wrote:
Otherwise a pretty interesting concept. I don't agree that her Snarling Growl action should impose a penalty /snip I don't think Bite should be a * action, since most movement actions are anyway, and having +2 to the opposed roll is something that dosen't sit... /snip I like her Team Power, very evocative, but what about allowing :MND based actions to still work - it seems fitting somewhow that mystic-types could still affect the model. I could really imagine her as a tabletop mini.

EDIT: it took me a few minutes to realise why Bite is * - to represent a ferocious assault, so maybe ignore what I said earlier about not being *...

Yeah, I wanted to do something full-frontal assault with it. I'll prolly change the +2 though, as it is a bit much. And the Snarling Growl one will be changed too. Mini-wise, I've got a Elven Hunting Cat from Reaper for her, which is working out well.

leonmallett wrote:
The Warden - a nice little concept here, although I think one of the warden or Blue Mountain (probably the latter) should be L2 since that plays the duo within the team-building framework (like Acorn and Father Oak). /snip Another mini I can picture, especially because there are probably quite a few ways it can be approached.

Prolly Blue Mountain needs to be Lvl2, and I think that would work out nicely. Often it's the human with the animal companion - this will be slightly skewed!

leonmallett wrote:
Revenant - heroic vampire. This grabbed me less than the others, simply because they felt more unique takes on supremes. Empower needs reworking... /snip. Maybe Unnatural Grace should be AP 2 to allow one move with all of those strikes, since he becomes quite static otherwise. Otherwise the rest of the abilities seem to fit well. Vampire minis can be great fun if executed well - I can imagine a JVS sculpt with swirling cape for some reason.

Perhaps the stealing could be done on Incapacitation or Elimination, which would mean choosing between the minion thing or Empower?

leonmallett wrote:
I think there are three strong ideas that really show both invention and originality within the Pulp City scene, and the fourth is not without its own merits in execution. I think they would all be credible and worthy entrants to potential SG contests. Well done my friend. :)

Leon.

Ta!