<  FAN SECTION  ~  Professor Von Skrapp

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:33 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
Excerpt from the April 4th 1983 6pm broadcast of the Action Evening News.

?Good evening June Summers channel 4 Action News reporting to you live from the streets of down town Pulp City. We?re here just blocks away from city hall and the heart of Pulp City?s financial district and army of robots has risen from the sewers and is swarming towards the World Commerce Bank. You can see them behind me these frail spidery looking robots constructed from what looks to be scrap metal and other industrial debris. How are these strange automatons functioning? More importantly who is behind this.?

Screeching metal and gunshots follow.

?Two of Pulp City?s own boys in blue are down. This is horrible! These junkyard rejects are firing some kind of guns at the bank guards now. That?s it the guards are running. The police are seemingly powerless to stop the robot horde. As you can see these junk bots are storming the World Bank now and ? yes? there. Someone else. Could this be the mysterious robot builder himself? Sure seems likely. Look this villain. Fashion nightmare, tweed suit and goggles what was he thinking. Not even a clean suit! He?s got oil stains and burn marks down the front of him, just terrible. But I want to know what?s is going on with big handle bar mustache. He looks like an English Professor I had in college. Of course Professor Dean didn?t have the weird red lighting arcing all over his body.?

?The man is wearing some kind of large backpack. Look at him go! Did you see that. Those long arms just came out of his pack and ripped apart that bus stop. Now his pack Is turning all that scrap into another robot. Look at that crazy thing go. Can you see the electricity spark off him it?s amazing. Once again channel 4 Action news brings you the viewer the best in Supreme action. I don?t know who this guy is or where he came from but it looks like Pulp City has itself another Supreme. What?s that noise something coming fast yes, yes. There she is Andoida herself! Heavy Metal just put these streets in order after that Grimm uprising last year. Looks like they don?t appreciate our new friends urban remodeling. Boy, it doesn?t take our girl long to get to the scene of a crime.?

BOOM

?Someone is going to be filing an insurance claim on that car for sure! Androida used that car like wrecking ball and 10 or 20 of the robots are down. The ?bot builder doesn?t look happy. Does he??

Screeeech

?Wow look at the! Bolts of electrical energy shot right out of him. Androida is nowhere to be seen? no wait there she is. She?s fast but that blast seems to be slowing her down. But wait another car has come to her aid and??

BOOM!!

Rapid gun fire follows.

?She?s falling back those bots are shooting up everything in sight! But wait is it? Yes, yes it?s Dr. Mercury himself. Look at him go! He melts upward out of the ground and its spikes and blades a flying. The robots are getting torn apart. Here comes another energy bolt and? Wow Mercury pulled a fast one and our king of scrap just blasted his own robots! He?s saying something to Mercury sounds, sounds German to me. Well folk Nick my cameraman says he needs a name. I like Von Skrapp. No, no Professor Von Skrapp. I have no idea what he?s saying but he?s sure not happy. He just started shooting at Mercury. Looks like that assembly pack of his just built him a gun! This Von Skrapp guy is resourceful, you have to give him that. What will our heroes do??

? Here comes Androida again. Look at her move!?

Deep electrical humming is heard.

?What did he do? Was that some kind of energy field? Looks like it and? and Androida is down! She bounced off his shield and it looks bad for her. Here comes Mercury! If he had a faced I?d say he was mad. What?s this? Mercury is moving so slow. Von Skrapp just is laughing off everything Dr. Mercury can throw at him! This is amazing. Look at that punch! Mercury is reeling from it! Mercury has melted! He?s gone, looks like our mad Von Skrapp wins the day. What a sad day in Pulp City folks when some foreign supreme can show up and do what ever he wants in our city.?

? Mercury is back! He didn?t run. Von Skrapp is angry now! But wait Mercury has seen something. Up comes the phone pole! Wow look at that strength. Right in the back pack!?

Fa- BOOM

? Von Skrapp is down. Looks like some kind of electrical explosion just shorted him out. The scrap ?bots are down as well. Dr. Mercury is seeing to Andoida. Looks like she?s ok. Once again the forces of evil ??

Shizzzzzzzz Sham

?Von Skrapp is gone! Looks like he just disappeared. Heavy Metal wins the day but as an experienced reporter I can say with authority that I?m sure we haven?t seen the last of this Professor Von Skrapp Character.

Prof. Von Skrapp

Villain Science Lvl. 2

Strength 5
Defense 4
Energy 5
Agility 4
Mind 5
Spirit 3

AP 6

Damage: 16

Cyberhead, Technophobe 2, Instability 3

Don?t Tase Me Bro (Pr Energy vs. Agility/ Rng 6/ AP 2): The Professor channels his bioelectric energy into a debilitating attack. Models suffering damage from this attack have one less Movement Action until the end of the round.

All Your Base (Energy/ AP 3): Prof. Von Skrapp?s knowledge of technology and energy fields grants him limited invulnerability. Prof. Von Skrapp gains immunity/Mechanical, and immunity/Devices.

O RLY? (SBL 3/Energy vs. Defense/ AP 3): Models suffering at least 3 points damage from this attack are pushed 3? directly away from Prof. Von Skrapp. Models stop if they come in contact with terrain, and their movement may be reduced due to difficult terrain.

Real Ultimate Power (Mind / AP 4): Prof. Von Skrapp has the ability to mimic the effects of any Device and even some powers that he can see. Until the end of the round the Prof. is considered to have any single resource item, including exclusive resources, as if he had purchased the card. Alternately Von Skrapp can mimic any action possessed by a minion card in his LOS. Von Skrapp cannot mimic the same resource or action more than once per game.

Team Power ? Nanite Cloud
Due to his heavy reliance on machines and technology Prof. Von Skrapp may choose to be Mechanical during his first activation of any game round. The decision lasts until the end of the round. In addition once per game Prof. Von Skrapp can unleash a powerful cloud of infectious nanites. All models within Prof. Von Skrapps Mind range gain Mechanical until the end of the round.

Rapid Prototype Pack

Exclusive Resource
Device Lvl. 2

While wearing his custom built backpack workshop Prof. Von Skrapp may reduce the cost of his Real Ultimate Power Exclusive action to AP 2.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:15 pm
User avatarHeroPosts: 354Location: Tindal, AustraliaJoined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:53 pm
He's great!

I think that Real Ultimate Power needs to be reworded a bit.

Currently,
Quote:
Real Ultimate Power (Mind / AP 4): Prof. Von Skrapp has the ability to mimic the effects of any Device and even some powers that he can see. Until the end of the round the Prof. is considered to have any single resource item, including exclusive resources, as if he had purchased the card. Alternately Von Skrapp can mimic any action possessed by a minion card in his LOS. Von Skrapp cannot mimic the same resource or action more than once per game.

Does this mean that he can mimic any (Device-only?) resource that is on the table, regardless of whether it's been used or not? For instance, Androida has a Teleport Anchor - can the Prof use it straight away?

At AP 4, I think it's rightly priced, but it would need some more information I think. And for the miniony bit, I take it you mean "a minion in his LOS" rather than the card per se! 8)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:01 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
Yup he can mimic ANY resource in play. He can mimic Hellsmith's Hammer, or Ace's Hanged Man card, or any other resource card. It's a nasty power.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:37 am
User avatarHeraldPosts: 472Location: Akron, OHJoined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:03 pm
Yes, but can he mimic reach?

Nevermind. . . bad joke for the Privateer crowd.

He looks like a lot of fun! I like the nanite cloud, and Don't Tase Me, Bro for sure!