<  FAN SECTION  ~  Homemade Pulp City Downloads NEW: PC GUIDE RESOURCE CARDS

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:40 pm
User avatarDefender of the NeighborhoodPosts: 148Location: Enfield, North-London, UKJoined: Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:24 am
Link to my Google Docs page

Normally I just do these things for myself and the guy's I play with at the club as I tend to keep things simple and visually rather basic, but I'm really pleased with how these two have turned out so I thought I'd share them with everyone.

I'm not too clever with the whole Internet uploading thing so for now I've put them up on Google Docs, but if I can work out the whys and what-have-yous, and if people like them, I'll probably look at doing my own little website for them and any more I do, but that's for a later date. I do like the fact that Google Docs lets you see what you're getting before you download or print.

For now we have a A5 booklet-style Reference Sheet inspired in equal part by the Malifaux stat cards and Larkin Vain's original reference sheet which I found invaluable when I was learning the game.

It was also inspired by the fact that when I was looking to by some card to finish off my Worldworks stuff I accidentally bought greetings cards card that was already scored down the middle for folding.

My original idea was to type up all the Skills in the central portion, but then I realised just how many skills there are now and decided on a simpler idea of a quick page reference for each one instead, but if people don't like that idea it's easy enough to just print up the 1st page and glue the two sides together.

Basically, when printing out make sure the Printed Margins setting on your printer is set to "None" or the equivalent and it should all be in the right place.

The Agenda cards are bigger than the playing card size of the old one people have done simply for the fact that the Agendas have quite a bit more info on them now and I thought it looked better, plus my original plan was to use label sheets I have that have 8 labels per page and then stick them onto index cards, but that didn't look that good, so I decided on this new idea based on some Force powers cards for the Star Wars RPG I downloaded a little while age.

Again, set the Print Margins to "None" then print out, fold down the central line, then stick together and cut out.

Anyway, enough waffle, I expect you'd like the link to them, so here you go. Although as I said up top, they aren't the most visually spectacular things you'll ever see, I hope they will prove useful.

I've gone over both documents several times and I think I've caught all the typos and mistakes, but if anyone spots any let me know and I'll update the files accordingly.

Hope you like, any comments or criticism you have just let me know.

J

Last edited by undead_jon on Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

My Painting Blog / My Pulp City Downloads
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:56 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
They look great Jon. :)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:47 pm
HeraldPosts: 16Location: AkronJoined: Sun May 09, 2010 8:12 am
Those are awesome. They look like they will be very useful. Thanks for making them available to the rest of us.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:49 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
I really like these Jon. Thanks! I'll be printing them out for my own use promptly.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:55 pm
User avatarHeroPosts: 257Location: Kensington, MD, USAJoined: Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:34 pm
Excellent! Thanks!

"Are you seeing what I'm seeing? Because I'm seeing gorillas riding pterodactyls, with harpoon guns, stealing a boat."
-Plastic Man, Batman: The Brave and the Bold
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:16 am
User avatarHeraldPosts: 472Location: Akron, OHJoined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:03 pm
VERY nice. Thanks!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:22 pm
User avatarHeroPosts: 202Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:48 am
super :)

eqipment meybe ?? ^^

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:30 pm
User avatarDefender of the NeighborhoodPosts: 148Location: Enfield, North-London, UKJoined: Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:24 am
I'm glad people like them :D

Maru - I'm working on it, but I don't know exactly how long it will be before I'm done, RL keeps throwing be curve balls at the moment.

J

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:57 am
Just added some Agenda Tokens to go with the cards.

Again, they're fairly basic but I think they'll do until someone with more talent does new ones.

The larger tokens are poker chip size (aka 40mm) so that when a Supreme is burdened by them you can place the mini on top of the token to represent it (I know some models are on 40 mm bases but as the majority are on 30mm I went down this route, if anyone wants larger I can probably knock something together).

The token without it's name on is Ritual, it just looked better without any writing on it IMO.

The L shaped tokens are for marking the corners of Agenda Buildings and Agenda Areas. I'll probably do a sheet with more of them on at a later date.

I have also put a Citizen clock on the sheet as well.

Coming soon: Resource Cards from the book.

Hope you like.

J

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:30 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
Great stuff Jon. :)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:15 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 1461Location: Zen StudiosJoined: Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:43 pm
Nice One!

Never Bother Questioning Authority, They Don't Know Either . . .

"Damned if you Do, Damned if you don't"
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:43 pm
OK, the Resources from the Pulp City Guide are now done and available to download.

Some of the text may be a little small and need redoing but overall I'm really happy with them.

As before print out with no Margins set on your printer, fold down the middle line and stick together.

Comments and Criticisms?

Also, I've changed the title of this topic as the old one wasn't really as relevant any more, and I've put a link to my Google Docs page right at the top of the first post so you don't have to scroll down as much.

Hope you like

J

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:27 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 249Location: Gatineau, CanadaJoined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:28 pm
Thank you again Jon, these cards are very helpful and I use them everytime. Great job :!:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:08 pm
User avatarHeroPosts: 202Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:48 am
time to run for printings :)

TY VM :)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:21 am
MortalPosts: 31Location: SE MichiganJoined: Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:49 am
Thanks, just in time too.

....and we liked it.
Offline Profile WWW