<  FAN SECTION  ~  Sinmians - the next invasion

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:30 am
User avatarHeraldPosts: 288Location: Sydney AustraliaJoined: Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:14 am
I picked up a whole bunch of AT-43 Karman models cheaply at Cancon this year and I want to create a campaign around their invasion of Pulp City.

I'm tempted to use the Karman names but have not got my hands onthe out of print Karman book. Instead my working titile is the Sin-mians : Space Apes lead by the Sinister Simian.

I want to create:

Supremes
Minions
Vehicles (Want to come up with some Vehicle rules for PC)

So my first step is to create some minion profiles using BOOM:

Sinmian Assault Trooper
Level 1 - Brawler Model per card 1

:DEF 2
:STR 3

Needler Pr :STR vs :AGL Rng 4 AP1

Deadly Rush, Deflect 1, Big , Survival 1, Slow

Damage Boxes 4

Sinmian Marine
Level 1 – Blaster. Model per card: 1

:DEF 2
:ENG 3

Carbine PR :ENG vs :AGL Rng 6 AP1

Deflect 1,Big ,Survival 1,Slow
Damage Boxes 4

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:43 am
User avatarHeraldPosts: 288Location: Sydney AustraliaJoined: Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:14 am
Heavy Weapon Sinmian:

Sinmian Destroyer
Level 2 – Blaster. Model per card: 1

:DEF 4
:ENG 4

BFG PR :ENG vs :AGL Rng 8 AP1

Deflect 1, Big, Survival 1, Slow, Skilled, Longshot
Damage Boxes 6

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:43 am
User avatarHeroPosts: 354Location: Tindal, AustraliaJoined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:53 pm
Cool. They are pre-painted, yes?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:53 am
Going to try these profiles out tonight using the Invasion plot.

My profiles above aim to capture the feel of the figures... hence the big and slow.

I've stuck to 1 model per card but wondering if I should try and get 2 per card for the Level 1s.

Seed idea for the campaign is going to be an Simian Invasion with ARC in the middle. Will ARC help the Sinister Simian enslave humanity or become its saviour .

Early days yet.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:56 am
Yeah all prepainted. Milsims always flog them off cheap at Cancon. 10 bucks a box from memory for 4 x 40 mm prepainted figs. Not too shabby.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:13 am
User avatarHeroPosts: 354Location: Tindal, AustraliaJoined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:53 pm
For the models per card dilemma, try "One free card per 3 taken"?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:39 pm
User avatarImmortalPosts: 1161Location: Montreal, CanadaJoined: Tue May 12, 2009 4:23 am
I think this is a great idea!

I've been trying to pick up some of those models myself but with them being out of print, I've not had much luck.

For what it's worth, in my experience if you're going to use level 1s, you're better off with multiple models per card.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:54 am
So we got a game in with these profiles last night.

Fun game but we started late and we got kicked out of the store.

The Level 2s were pretty good, but think the level 1s need to drop survival and either up defence or go 2 models per card.

Here are some pics (lighting a bit of a problem... let alone the phone camera):

Overall set up. The brown cones were the spawn points.

Sinmian Destroyers spwanin on top of cargo container.

Chimp chi camps close to spawn point cutting down Invaders as they rush through.

Villians ignore Invaders and rush to neutralise ARC.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:29 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
Hey that's a really nice Tritonous! Love the black and yellow on him. Back on topic glad you had fun. I think it's true the Level 1 Minion work best as low powered swarms were you can just hop the dice gods smile on you. In an Invasion plot it doesn't matter as much anyway, they don't stick around long enough to matter, and they aren't eating into your AP Pool. I'm tempted to pick up some more AT-43 guys myself now. I've got a few and use them for this that and the other. Still I'm thrilled to see you people getting some use out of the Minion Rules.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:35 pm
MortalPosts: 43Location: BPRDJoined: Tue Jan 01, 2008 4:39 pm
Along with the AT-43 guys, Crooked Dice is coming up with some basic Apes with machineguns.

Reaper has a good one with a chaingun on his arm, named Ape X.along with a couple of good ones with guns. Orangatangun, I think his name was. He's hanging on a light pole with a couple of guns in his hands and feet.

ATWW2 has two different ones, one is a giant Nazi Gorrilla with steel fists, the other is a bunch of russian Chumans. ( I think they will go great with the ARC faction.

Another place to get some of those Apes with M16's/ AK's is over at Black cat bases Miniatures.

THOSe are a great way to use those AT 43 guys, by the way. The ARC is one of my favorite factions.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:34 pm
User avatarHeroPosts: 174Location: Chicago, USAJoined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:27 pm
Yeah I have both those Reaper Apes, plus a couple others from them and several of the ape superfigs.

Back when I was starting with Supersystem I bought them, and was looking for more Super-Apes to complete my Laboratory Ape Brotherhood... the ARC minis are how I found Pulp-City in fact.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:41 pm
User avatarHeroPosts: 257Location: Kensington, MD, USAJoined: Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:34 pm
I am a fan of the Supersystem figs, and their Superapes are among the best things they did...

"Are you seeing what I'm seeing? Because I'm seeing gorillas riding pterodactyls, with harpoon guns, stealing a boat."
-Plastic Man, Batman: The Brave and the Bold
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:24 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 947Location: Frankfort, KentuckyJoined: Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:18 pm
Awesome!