<  FAN SECTION  ~  Nargun - Aussie villian

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:21 am
User avatarHeroPosts: 354Location: Tindal, AustraliaJoined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:53 pm
Nargun
Nature Origin, the Forgotten

According to Gunai/Kurnai tribal legends, the Nargun is a fierce half-human, half-stone female creature that lived in the Den of Nargun, a cave under a rock overhang behind a small waterfall in the Mitchell River National Park, Victoria, Australia. Aboriginal legend describes the Nargun as a beast that was all stone except for its hands, arms and breast. The fierce creature would drag unwary travellers into its den, and any weapon directed against it would be turned back on its owner.

:STR 4
:DEF 2
:ENG 2
:AGL 6
:MND 3
:SPT 6

LVL 2
AP 5
Damage 13

Skills: Hatred (Males), Monster, Unholy, Weakness (Insignificant)

Lurk ( :AGL / AP 1 )
Any model wishing to attack Nargun with ranged combat must win an Opposed Roll :MND vs Nargun’s :AGL. While in Lurk mode, Nargun may use any movement action or Snatch the Foolish.

Snatch the Foolish ( :AGL vs :AGL / AP 4 )
Nargun steals away her enemies, inflicting them with unimaginable terrors. If a model in Base-to-Base fails the Opposed Roll, instead of dealing damage, they are removed from play until the end of the Game Round. During the effects phase, the Opposed Roll is made again, with a cumulative +1 bonus. If the model wins the Opposed Roll, place them anywhere in Base-to-Base with Nargun. If they fail it, they remain off the table. This continues until the model either reenters play or the game ends. If the game ends, the model is considered eliminated. Nargun may only Snatch one of the Foolish at a time. If she attempts to snatch another model, the previous model is returned to the table as per above.

Boomerang ( :AGL / AP 3 )
Until the end of the Round any time Nargun is the target of a :STR Action she may roll her :AGL vs. the Attack. If she wins the opponent suffers Damage equal to the difference of the Opposed Roll.

The Rise of the Nyols ( :SPT / AP 3 )
Place two Nyols anywhere within 3” of Nargun. They may activate normally next round. Rise of the Nyols may be used more than once per Game Round.

Team Power – Secret Women’s Business
If any male Supreme comes within 6” of Nargun, she must, during her next activation, charge that model, even if the charge would fail. Rather than moving only 4” on a failed charge, Nargun may move the full 6”.

Nyols
Exclusive Minion
Once, when the tribe was camped at Murrindal, one of the men went possum hunting. Possums were plentiful on the trees growing amongst the rocks there. While he was hunting, he noticed an opening between two rocks. He put his foot in it and was drawn in.
He found himself in one of the many caves in the vicinity. The cave was lit by a strange light, and was inhabited by many very small people who came to him showing signs of friendship. They called him Jambi, which is a general term for friendship, although it means brother-in-law. He tried to get back above the surface, but found that he had to wrestle with the little people. They were very strong, although small, and although he fought many of them, they all overcame him.
Feeling exhausted he lay down to rest. The little people, the Nyols, gave him rugs to sleep on and grubs to cat. The latter were a great delicacy, and he enjoyed them very much. At last, many of the Nyols went away and he was left in the charge of one of them. Everything had been quiet, but now he heard a rustling sound. One of the Nyols came to him saying he would show him the way to the surface of the ground. Before very long he was amongst his own people, but for several days could not tell them what had happened to him. His mind had temporarily gone blank.

:STR 4
:DEF 3

LVL 2

Damage 3

Skills: Fury 1, Thick Bones, Hard to Kill
Tackle ( :STR vs :DEF / AP 2 )
Movement Action. The model moves up to 4” and then makes the Opposed Roll. If the target suffers Damage higher than its :STR value, it is Knocked Down.

Last edited by Cilionelle on Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:08 am, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:57 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
Pretty cool character! I like. I love to see Supremes built around regional folklore that we don't see very often. I like the Weakness to Insignificant Models thats a cool little touch.

Only issue is with Boomerang it's a bit too much. You can't make her immune to everything and do damage all at once for only 3 AP it's a bit much. Also her :DEF seems low for a creature made of rock.

Boomerang should look like this, maybe:

Boomerang (AP 3): Until the end of the Round any time Nargun is the target of a :STR Action she may roll her :AGL vs. the Attack. If she wins the opponent suffers Damage equal to the difference of the Opposed Roll.

Keeps it a little more simple requiring only one roll. For 4 AP you could have it work on :STR and :ENG maybe. Not that she needs it with :AGL 6 Trump. You could also tweak the cost down if she gave up a Movement Action for the round. Just some pointers and bits of advice.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:06 am
User avatarHeroPosts: 354Location: Tindal, AustraliaJoined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:53 pm
Thanks, Beermonkey. I appreciate the feedback. Boomerang is a representation of the fact that Nargun couldn't be hurt by conventional weapons. Spears and such were said to bounce off her and fly back at their owners. I like your suggestion, though, so I've updated the entry.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:37 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
My pleasure. I've built a Supreme or two myself as you may know. :D

A really cleaver character, do you have a mini for her yet? I'd love to see something.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:17 pm
No, no mini ideas yet. Prolly needs to be a hag mini or similar... I'll have a look tonight perhaps.

And yes, I've enjoyed some of your creations in the past!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:08 pm
User avatarImmortalPosts: 1161Location: Montreal, CanadaJoined: Tue May 12, 2009 4:23 am
Very cool. I love the way you tied folklore into the creation of a very interesting supreme.

Have you tried her on the table yet?

:) My only question is, how do you determine male in this game? Apebot is a construct, so I assume no, but what about Dr Mercury who's more sentient? Or supreme Zed? You may choose to specify Living Male models.

That said, I love the character of this supreme.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:05 pm
Love the question! I think that it would be the obviously male, and that both Mercury and Z fit that bill. Nargun is intelligent, she's seen, heard or knows of the supremes in Pulp City. Xenobi might be a problem but on the whole, most Supremes in the Pulp City universe have pretty distinct genders, even the Ulthar.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:12 pm
User avatarImmortalPosts: 1161Location: Montreal, CanadaJoined: Tue May 12, 2009 4:23 am
True enough...

I just can't wait until someone uses your character and has to pick up the Stalker model to see if they get the 6 inch move...

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:30 am
Ha! True.

This was the closest thing to a mini that I've found:
It's a Reaper mini. The inspiration that I have in my mind is from the Trolls issue of Over the Wire. The image on the front cover is one that I see when I think of Nargun. Nyols are the other thing to think about, I guess. Most goblins come with armour or shields or medieval (albeit primitive-looking) weapons. Hopefully I can find, or someone can direct me to, something that looks similar to the creature riding on the back of the Troll Matron there, and I can expand from there.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:45 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 249Location: Gatineau, CanadaJoined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:28 pm
maybe you could use some gnoblar, they don't have any armor and should be somewhat cheap on ebay...

http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_Cus ... 73x627.jpg