<  FAN SECTION  ~  Hero Supreme Dorothy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:57 pm
HeroPosts: 268Joined: Mon May 23, 2011 1:11 am
Hi,

So down here in sunny Oz we had a convention called Auscon not so long ago. One of the very talented Australian sculpters did a limited edition figure for the event called Dorothy. It's basically little Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz (get the link now) but all grown up with a blunderbuss and a robo-toto in her handbag. Love the mini and thought it'd be fun to put together some rules for her as a Hero in the Pulp City Streets. Heres a pic of the mini:

And here's the rules I've come up with:

Dorothy: Lvl2 Mystery Hero, AP6, Damage11, Leave no trace (cause she'll go back to Kansas), Inquisitor 1 (cause she's so damn inquisitive!)

:STR : 3, :DEF :3, :ENG :6 (trump), :AGL :3, :MND :4, :SPT :5 (trump)

We’re not in Kansas anymore Toto: Pr/ :ENG vs :AGL /Rng 6/AP2
Aunty Em always said, make sure you pack your blunderbuss! Dorothy may only use this skill if she gives up a strike action. She may perform this skill as many times as she has strikes to give up.

...and your little dog too!: :AGL /AP1+
Toto plays fetch for his mistress. If there is an object that Dorothy may become burdened with within 4 inches, i.e. an objective counter, Dorothy may move the object into base contact with her her and take possession of it. If you are required to spend AP to take possession of the object, you must still pay these AP in addition.

We’re off to see the wizard*: :AGL /AP2
Movement action: When making this movement action, Dorothy may move up to 6 inches and counts as having Blink.

There’s no place like home: Pr/ :SPT vs :SPT /Rng 8/AP3
This opposed roll causes no damage to the target model. Instead, Dorothy’s owner may move the target model up to the distance in inches of the success of the opposed roll. The target model may not end up closer to Dorothy than when it started the move and cannot move in such a way that it would be forced to defend against an opposed roll during the move. The target model counts as if it had used one of their movement actions for the turn if they had not already used their limit.

Team Power:
Ding dong the witch is dead: Dorothy may give up 1 movement action per turn to eliminate a character who is incapacitated and in base to base contact with her.

Haven't used her yet but she should be interesting, really fragile but with a couple of decent offensive powers! Feel free to go to town on the feedbacks :)

Last edited by baskinders on Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:29 am, edited 3 times in total.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:03 pm
User avatarHeroPosts: 354Location: Tindal, AustraliaJoined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:53 pm
Looks good. Love the mini! (And am bummed that I missed AusCon...)

With the Movement action, simply state how far she can move I think, rather than putting in Blitzer 2. "Dorothy may move up to 6" as if she had the Blink skill." or something. That's the only thing that jumps out at me.

Otherwise, nicely done. Got plans for the paint job?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:09 pm
User avatarImmortalPosts: 1161Location: Montreal, CanadaJoined: Tue May 12, 2009 4:23 am
First off, that's a cool fig! I may need to check out ebay...

So, I think that's not a bad set of stats at all. With We're not in Kansas anymore, you get two :ENG 6 attacks, which isn't bad at all, and with There's no place like home, you have a fantastic board control power. I also like how those three combined take 7 AP, which means you actually have to think about which ones you want to use in a round.

My one suggestion is that with her fantastic range, and her ability to move models away "And your little dog too" may not get used much. Perhaps change it to something a little more interesting, like the ability to retrieve an objective from up to 4 inches away and bring it to her? It also fits more with the character since I can't see her throwing Toto at anything dangerous...

Nicely done so far!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:30 am
HeroPosts: 268Joined: Mon May 23, 2011 1:11 am
Great ideas lads, I've edited the original post to include your suggestions!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:11 pm
User avatarImmortalPosts: 1161Location: Montreal, CanadaJoined: Tue May 12, 2009 4:23 am
Looks perfect!

:) Let us know how she plays.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:21 pm
User avatarHeroPosts: 153Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:44 pm
That's a phenomenal Malifaux or even Warmachine model ;)

Offline Profile