<  FAN SECTION  ~  my character concept

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:22 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
My suggestion for stuff like this is to check out and modify pre-existing Actions. For Bear Hug look at Silverager's Spinebreaker. For Pounce look at Libra's Rebounding Blades and Loup Garou's Leap attack. Those are good places to start.

For the Record moving 12" in one Activation and getting 2 attacks is just too damn much.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:11 pm
User avatarDefender of the NeighborhoodPosts: 139Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:06 am
I will have a look at those, im still waiting to see loup garou's rules though :cry:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:09 pm
User avatarPulp City IconPosts: 1819Location: Cornwall, UKJoined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:22 pm
I got him if you want to check them out

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:07 am
User avatarDefender of the NeighborhoodPosts: 139Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:06 am
pounce ( :STR vs :DEF AP:1)
this action must be combined with a jump* action. if the target has no clear line of sight to this model or this model would benefit from in cover from the targets ranged attacks then this model adds +3 to its opposed roll for this action.

basically surprise stab but with a jump.

Smash ( :STR vs :DEF AP:2)
during this action this model gains super damage (3)

i havent used super damage in a game so am unsure as to how powerful it is.

Berserk (SBL2 :STR vs :AGL AP:2)
Losing models suffer 2 points of damage instead of the normal damage and are knocked down.

i just stole jade hawk's wing sweep. and primal urges will be the other skill that gives beast-man nimble, quadroped and the increased jump move.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:11 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
Not bad. Really good starting place.

Pounce if you want it to include the move just include the move. Something more like this.

Pounce ( :STR vs :DEF / AP 3): Movement Action. Move Beast-Man 6" as if he had the Blink Skill. If the target has no clear line of sight to this model or this model would benefit from In Cover from the targets ranged attacks then this model adds +2 to its opposed roll for this action.

Dropped it to +2 that +1 for a Charge and an additional +1. Shouldn't need more than that.

As for Smash I think Super Damage 6 is about right. Super Damage can be pretty brutal and hitting a guy with a Buick only generates Super Damage 7!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:07 pm
User avatarHeroPosts: 354Location: Tindal, AustraliaJoined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:53 pm
Love it! Great work.

PS: Duck calls him 'Drop Bear'...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:45 pm
drop bear, lol.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:53 am
Actually...Drop Bear would be a ROCKIN Supreme! Tell your son I'm sold on the name.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:10 am

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:31 am
Beast-Man lvl 2 hero
Nature
AP 6

:STR 6
:DEF 4
:ENG 1
:AGL 6
:MND 3
:SPT 3
skills: thick bones, vengeful, hatred (mysterious man), wall crawler

Pounce ( :STR vs :DEF / AP 3): Movement Action. Move Beast-Man 6" as if he had the Blink Skill. If the target has no clear line of sight to this model or this model would benefit from In Cover from the targets ranged attacks then this model adds +2 to its opposed roll for this action.

Primal urges ( :SPT / AP2) Beast-Man gains quadroped, nimble and when Beast-Man uses the jump* action he can move his full :STR in inches. Beast-man may end this ability during any of his activations.

Smash ( :STR vs :DEF AP:2)
during this action this model gains super damage (6)

Berserk (SBL2 :STR vs :AGL AP:2)
Losing models suffer 2 points of damage instead of the normal damage and are knocked down.

TEAM POWER: "DONT LOOK AT ME" When Beast-Man is within 3inches of a civillian he suffers -1 to all opposed rolls. Beast-Man can also use the terrorize skill but loses the beacon of hope skill.

ok, i think im happy with that now. im planning on using this model https://www.reapermini.com/graphics/gal ... 3029_G.jpg
and im really temped to change his name to drop bear :lol:

Last edited by loudo on Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:56 pm
User avatarImmortalPosts: 1161Location: Montreal, CanadaJoined: Tue May 12, 2009 4:23 am
loudo wrote:
and im really temped to change his name to drop bear :lol:

:) Do it! Drop bears are awesome!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:22 pm
Gotta love the Drop Bear! I say go for it! Rules wise I think he'll be fine. Play some games and tweak as needed.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:12 pm
ok, the story is a young Australian journalist was the first to name the mysterious new vigilante as drop bear and it just stuck. Im going to have to do some fluff writing now :P
next up will be the unfortunate man who was given drop bear's former powers, Meat Bag...

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:25 pm
User avatarHeroPosts: 354Location: Tindal, AustraliaJoined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:53 pm
Heh. Drop Bear. But I say it wasn't an Aussie journo who named him, but Duck, the Aussie supreme! Perhaps they had a fight when Beast-man first succumbed to his powers?