<  FAN SECTION  ~  my character concept

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:22 pm
User avatarDefender of the NeighborhoodPosts: 139Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:06 am
I really wanna make my own hero so here is my rough idea- Jason Edgington A man who had everything, he had a beautiful wife and children, a wonderful career as an a-list actor and was loved by everyone that knew him. What nobody knew was at night he took to the streets to fight crime. For as long as he could remember he had been able to change his body with no limit but his own imagination. He could fly as an eagle, swim as a whale and change his face to match that of any person he had ever seen. He kept this secret to him self but used it to fight crime at every opportunity. One night a scream came from a nearby alley. Jason changed his form to that of a Cheetah and sped towards the sound. As he entered the darkened passage he saw a woman wearing black military fatigues, she flashed him a devilish smile. Glass shattered and fell to the street as hideous half lizard half man soldiers jumped from the buildings above. Jason morphed into an angelic warrior and tried to fly above the horde of lizard-men but they jumped upon his back and tore his wings from him. Falling to the street and losing blood he changed his form again into a huge yeti like being. his mighty fists took the lives of countless foes but there seemed to be no end to them and after what seemed like an eternity he sank to his knees as the blood loss claimed his consciousness.
Jason only remembers glimpses of his captivity. Straps restrained his limbs. a man smiling but not a happy smile, the smile of a hungry predator looking at its lunch. The sounds of the rain forest.
At some point Jason awoke in the alley he had fought the lizard men in. through a haze of sickness he realized his form was still that of the yeti creature. Jason willed his form to return to human but nothing happened...
He tried again, but nothing.
Jason's life ended then, nobody from his former life recognized him. Jason had kept his secret too well and the far fetched story of a monster having once been the missing actor was just to ridiculous for his wife to believe. She begged him not to kill her when he tried to return to his home. Jason fled into the night, ashamed and broken.
Jason or Beast-man as the media now refer to him, cant bare to have people see his face but at the same time still clings on to his need to save innocent lives. He fights from the shadows as a lonely guardian who despises what he is and mourns his once perfect life. Sometimes a group of heroes will see a hulking creature in the dark. he will give them a nod of his head, a sign that he fights beside them. Beast-man continues to fight the good fight but with one eye always watching for the man with the predators smile.

So that's the basic story, I want him to be like beast from the x-men but without the super intelligence and a real hatred of what he is. his team power will make him weaker when near a civilian as he cant bare to have them look at him. he will also be able to revert to using four limbs during the game giving him the quadruped skill and allowing him to jump further (basically across entire streets from roof to roof) the rest of his skills will be all about close combat carnage. and i want to create a villain who will be the poor man who was given Jason's stolen powers. The tragic part is that the villain cant control the power as Jason did and exists now as a constantly melting mound of flesh and bone.

What do you guys think then? to cheesy? any weak points? or any suggestions? please dont be to brutal... :D

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:51 pm
User avatarPulp City IconPosts: 1819Location: Cornwall, UKJoined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:22 pm
Loving the idea.
Theres a nice bigfoot mini from Reaper that you could use for him.
Or convert Loup Garou

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:52 pm
User avatarDefender of the NeighborhoodPosts: 139Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:06 am
i would use the reaper sasquash mini, maybe add some ram horns to it.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:58 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
Sounds good to me!

Have you read my guide to building your own Pulp City character yet? Most of what you need to get started is right there. What level 1 or 2? His Origin sounds like Nature to me. So that's done. Any special skills? Fury? Maybe Regenerate?

You've already described his buff, he gains Quadroped and Wallcrawler. Probably 1 or 2 AP.

With his team power as a negative you can afford to give him higher than average Traits.

You still need 3 other powers. Probably a bear hug or body slam. Maybe a frenzied rush or SBL type of spin attack? Then a situational power. Maybe something where he drops on opponents from on high, think Thick Bones + Super Zed's Crash Landing.

Post up some ideas and I'll help you tweak them.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:03 pm
he will be lvl 2, i wanna give him a skill where he jumps (if in quadruped form he can jump 6inch) if he ends in base to base contact with his target he hits them and can then jump away again. but im worried about making it to powerful. i also want to give him a self blast that causes minimal damage and knocks down. the bear hug sounds cool so i may try to make something of it.
he will be nature
i was thinking of :STR 6, :AGL 6 and the other traits being 2 or 3
im also going to take beacon of hope from him but allow him access to terrorize.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:11 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
Well he should have a good :DEF . I mean he is a brawler right? A big guy like that should be able to take a hit so :DEF 4 or 5 is good. He's agile but is he A.R.C. agile? Otherwise maybe :AGL 5 Trump would be fine. He's a big target by the sounds.

OH for the leaping check this out!:

Primal Urges ( :SPT /AP 2): Until the start of the next round Beast-man gains Quadroped. Additionally when Beast-man uses the Jump* Action he moves his full :STR in inches.

What about that?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:13 pm
he will have nimble, strange for a brawler i know but think how beast moves and you will get the idea.
primal urges sounds spot on, i was thinking ap1 but maybe thats a bit low.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:21 pm
Maybe add Nimble to the Primal Urges? That would justify the 2 AP cost. I imagine Beast-man being to...restrained to get any use out of primal until he just lets the animal out. Down side is he can only use Strike or his Exclusive Actions. Upside is he's a real handfull in his Primal state.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:27 pm
User avatarPulp City IconPosts: 1819Location: Cornwall, UKJoined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:22 pm
loudo wrote:
i would use the reaper sasquash mini, maybe add some ram horns to it.

What about the Snow Storm from Malifaux?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:38 pm
dosnt look like it could be fast, plus cloven hooves dont suggest wall crawler.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:47 pm
Good point.
If you want abit more movement with him, what about something along the lines of Loup Garous Lupine Leap?
Then you have 2 movement , the ability to get almost anywheree and can stick in 2 basic but hard hitting combat actions.

Because he doesnt want to be seen by the public, would he keep to the roof tops and buildings?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:53 pm
@beermonkey I dont want nimble attached to primal unless primal is in effect until beast-man chooses to end it. does that sound over powered?
thick bones is another skill he will have, not regen as he will have quite a lot of health and i think regen could be a little over kill.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:14 pm
Yeah that's cool. Like I said write it up and I'll help refine it. no big.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:16 pm
ok, thanks. :)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:16 am
beermonkey, i have been playing around with your bear hug idea but am having trouble. im thinking something similar to a head/arm lock in warmachine that needs to be broken before the opponent can move or work at peak efficiency again, small damage as well. have you got any ideas or examples from existing models?
as for another action how does this sound?
Pounce ( :STR /AP4)
Beast-man immediatly makes a jump* action. If this model ends in base to base contact with one or more enemy models he may make one strike* action.
If this model causes at least one damage with his strike* action he may immediatly make a second jump* action then his acctivation ends. This action counts as one movement action and one strike action.
maybe it should be AP 5?

Offline Profile