<  FAN SECTION  ~  The Black Fox

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:57 am
User avatarHeraldPosts: 1461Location: Zen StudiosJoined: Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:43 pm
Years and YEARS ago, when my friend Mike was just a young man - no more than 17, WAY before he went to the US to be a Comic Artist (if you don't know who Mike Perkins is - http://www.mikeperkinsart.com/) I drafted out a character and Mike did some preliminary sketches for him.

Scott Andrews was the Son of a Steel Worker, his family had led an ordinary existence - he had grown up idolizing Super Hero's, he was a sickly child. Clever, but not particularly athletic.

He served a term in the Army, and that improved his general health and stamina - when he mustered out. He resolved to fight crime.

As a kid he was a massive Zorro fan, so he he fashioned a costume of black. With a black cowl, and a black cloak - and took to the night as The "Black Fox"

His first outing did not go well, he tried to stop a mugging - and got (quite literally) beaten to a pulp. Though not crippled, the damage to his spine shattered his nervous system - pain killers were almost unnecessary during his recuperation - as he couldn't really feel pain any more. His physical therapy went well, and it left him stronger (though that was more likely down to the nerve damage), faster, and fitter than before - and his resolution to be a Superhero took a darker turn.

Clad in black leather, wearing body armour, arm & leg protection - and sporting a shotgun. The Black Fox had the determination to take back the night.

That is a direct write up of what I had roughed down in my notebook, and Mike kindly scanned his original 1989 drawing and Emailed it to me.

I'm SORELY tempted, when I've finished the Red Baron's to convert up a Black Fox - I think he would make an excellent Level One Supreme for Pulp City!

Never Bother Questioning Authority, They Don't Know Either . . .

"Damned if you Do, Damned if you don't"
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:16 am
User avatarHeraldPosts: 947Location: Frankfort, KentuckyJoined: Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:18 pm
ooh, I like it!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:43 am
User avatarHeraldPosts: 1461Location: Zen StudiosJoined: Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:43 pm
I'm not sure how to do him/what to use yet - I'll have a more detailed look when the Barons are up and running.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:21 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 947Location: Frankfort, KentuckyJoined: Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:18 pm
cool

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:13 pm
User avatarImmortalPosts: 1161Location: Montreal, CanadaJoined: Tue May 12, 2009 4:23 am
Very cool artwork and it would make one heck of a fig.

A level one mobile shooter would probably work well!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:45 pm
cardboardvampire wrote:
A level one mobile shooter would probably work well!

Thats what I was thinking!!!

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:04 am
User avatarPulp City IconPosts: 1819Location: Cornwall, UKJoined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:22 pm
That's great.
Looking forward to seeing what you do with him.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:24 pm
Bored sitting in the Hospital waiting for Dad to have some tests today, so I had a "play" -

Obviously he hasn't got any rules, trump stat, and his damage boxes aren't set - but it still looks cool to me LoL!

Offline Profile WWW