<  FAN SECTION  ~  Pulp City - The Golden Age

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:00 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 1461Location: Zen StudiosJoined: Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:43 pm
I've been tinkering about with some ideas for this for a long time, so I thought it was about time I shared.

We already know about the Red Baron - but what about other Heroes and Villains of the 'Golden Age'?

The Axis

The Red Baron is a relic of WWI - somehow raised from the dead, he works with "The Axis of Terror" a group of Supremes hell-bent on the fall of democracy and the free world.

"Reich-Star"- Heidi is a world class Olympic gymnast, and totally loyal to her Fuhrer. Accidentally exposed to a particle of dark matter which entered her body as part of micro-meteorite - enhancing here strength and agility, and giving her the ability to "fly" by negating the effects of gravity.

"Baron Sun"
- Powered by the solar magics of atlantis, Baron Sun is a threat to the free-world.

"The Aryan" - The Third Reichs very own Super Soldier, this 'Übermensch' was created as a direct response to Liberty Bill (see below) but the Nazi super-soldier process is flawed, and any Aryans life-span is considerably shorter than a normal Human beings would be. Still there is no shortage of volunteers, when one Aryan dies - another is more than ready to replace him.

The Allies

"Liberty Bill" - Benjamin Franklyn wrote an ancient American-Indian Formula on the back of the Declaration of Independence. This formula makes a 'potion' (for want of a better word) which, while it lasts, enhances an individuals strength, toughness, speed, and endurance. The first Liberty Bill helped the Yanks win the American Revolutionary War against the British. When Colin Bayley, a mild mannered scholar discovered the formula whilst cleaning the Declaration of Independence his life took on a whole new meaning - he fights against the Axis and for Honour, Democracy, and the American Way.

"The Zoo Crew" - The Ape Revolutionary Committee weren't the first intelligent Apes on the scene. The Zoo Crew were originally a group of convicted of felons under sentence of death. There only other option was to volunteer for "Project Z".

The intelligence of the Subject was transferred to a Primate body, along with his DNA pattern - which eventually established itself by over-writing some of the original Apes DNA sequences. This left an Ape of Human level intelligence (actually slightly higher in the case of Doctor Hominid), with human-like posture, and the ability to speak.

Much of the original "donors" personality was erased in the procedure, creating a combination personality based on that of the Apes and the Original Donors.

The Zoo Crew specialized in raids and commando missions behind enemy lines, especially where secrecy and surprise (who wouldn't be surprised by an APE GI) was essential.

"Commando Chimp"
- Referred to only as "Boss" by other members of his team, Commando Chimp is in the leader of the Zoo Crew. Stalwart, dependable, and strong - Commando Chimp is a good 'man' to have at your side.

"Doctor Hominid"
- Often referred to as "Doc", Hominid is Commando Chimps right-hand Gorilla and the Crew's Medical Officer too. That's not to say he's not useful in a fight, Doctor Hominid is a full grown male Gorilla and knows how to hold his own when the success of a mission is on the line.

"Demolition Derby" - Derby is an Orangutan, and the Crews demolitions expert - and a damn fine one too. What Derby doesn't know about explosives isn't worth knowing.

"Evie" (short for Evolution) - Is the only one of the Crew with a tangible power, as a Gibbon Evie is particularly nonthreatening to look at; but poses the biggest threat to an enemy. Evie can "de-volve" people to simpler life forms - he's not managed to devolve someone to a lesser state than a form of primitive Cave-Man, but Doctor Hominid believes its only a matter of time before he has mastered his power.

The surviving Zoo Crew disappeared shortly after the war, and were presumed captured by Soviet Scientists.

Thats what I have so far!

Never Bother Questioning Authority, They Don't Know Either . . .

"Damned if you Do, Damned if you don't"
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:25 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
Don't forget there are at least 4 Supremes from the present day who could conceivably have been around then:

Perun
Sovereign
Ace of Wraiths
Francis Gator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:29 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 1461Location: Zen StudiosJoined: Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:43 pm
All true, I hadn't got that far yet though LoL!

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:23 am
User avatarHeroPosts: 354Location: Tindal, AustraliaJoined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:53 pm
You could add some sort of Ulthar scout to that list, too.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:08 pm
Cilionelle wrote:
You could add some sort of Ulthar scout to that list, too.

I'm working on a short Story about the Ulthar that ties in actually :D

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:16 pm
User avatarPulp City IconPosts: 1819Location: Cornwall, UKJoined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:22 pm
There is always the time travel thing aswell if you want to add other current Supremes

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:23 pm
Even though this is "just a bit of fun" (for me at least) - I'm focusing on what could be around then, anything we can throw "into the mix" as well is just Gravy as far as I am concerned.

"Commander Positron"

Richard “Rick” King was a renowned decathlete and research scientist. Like all good Americans he joined up to do his part to fight the Axis powers.

Whilst serving in Italy during late September 1943, Rick and his unit encountered a strange “saucer like” aircraft, crashed deep behind enemy lines. As an experienced Scientist, Rick investigated the saucer alone – whilst his unit held the advancing enemy troops away from the crash site.

Whilst inside he found no bodies, just strange “zodiac-like” symbols and crystal based control panels. Everything seemed so alien, so warlike – Rick was surprisingly disturbed by what he encountered inside. He attempted to take several pictures - only later to discover he had taken nothing, that the Radiation levels inside the saucer had wiped any images off the film.

Entering what he thought was the cockpit, Ricks heart filled with fear – it was obvious to anyone from the readings on the control panels there, that there was something seriously wrong. Rick raced his way out of the saucer, only to have it explode as he was exiting through the hatch he had entered through.

After four week recovery in a field Hospital, Rick found that some interesting changes – his injuries had healed at an alarming rate, and he found he glowed ever so slightly in pitch darkness. He now thought with an amazing clarity, he understood everything he knew about the universe in a way he never had before – and suddenly knew a lot more to boot.

As part of his recovery, he had taken to building things – mostly out of scrap and old parts. What he built looked like Modern Art to be frank – a Belt, a Gun, a Back-Pack, a Helmet, and a Wristwatch. In the hands of the Doctors and his Unit, the gizmos he built are just so much scrap – but when Rick uses them – they actually work! A Rocket Pack, and control Helmet to go with it, a Wrist Communicator, a Belt Energy Shield Generator, and a “Lightning Gun” for want of a better descriptive term.

It seems the explosion left Ricks body supercharged with Positrons – this not only repaired his body after the explosion, but left Ricks brain functioning on a higher level. His gadgets had been designed (one can only imaging subconsciously) to be “powered” by Ricks own Body (as positrons emit gamma rays) which means his toys won’t work for anyone else.

Commander Positron is a positive force for the Allies, fighting alongside regular Units as well as the Zoo Crew.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:15 am
I have been writing for Supremes during the Second World War, but I've pretty much ignored the British Supremes.

Obviously, Sovereign would have been around - but what about the other guys?

I've been thinking about British Heroes for the Golden Age for a while -

Tom Thunder - Created during a Lightning Storm and infused with all the power of British Weather.

The Lion and Unicorn - A husband and Wife Team of British Super-Soldiers.

Stonehenge -A young Archeologist who developed the ability to wear the Magical rocks of Stonehenge like a suit of rocky-armour that imbues him with Super Toughness and Super Strength.

Beyond a rough draft of powers & origins (and notes as to what they look like) this is all I have so far - I think they are pretty cool though!

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:22 pm
User avatarPulp City IconPosts: 1819Location: Cornwall, UKJoined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:22 pm
Loving those. Especially Stonehenge

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:39 pm
User avatarImmortalPosts: 1161Location: Montreal, CanadaJoined: Tue May 12, 2009 4:23 am
I'm quite enjoying this thread. It's interesting trying to imagine an earlier age of Pulp City.

I'm curious... Sanguine is a vampire, right? Do we know how long he's been around? It's theoretically possible that he was running around in the Golden Age as well, and if so, which side was he on? Did he temporarily join the heroes to free occupied France or did he betray his homeland out of greed?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:02 pm
hendybadger wrote:
Loving those. Especially Stonehenge

I love Stonhenge too!

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:03 pm
cardboardvampire wrote:
I'm quite enjoying this thread. It's interesting trying to imagine an earlier age of Pulp City.

I'm doing models at some point too! Nearly finished the conversion on Commander Positron!

cardboardvampire wrote:
I'm curious... Sanguine is a vampire, right? Do we know how long he's been around? It's theoretically possible that he was running around in the Golden Age as well, and if so, which side was he on? Did he temporarily join the heroes to free occupied France or did he betray his homeland out of greed?

OOOOOOH I never thought of Sanguine (D'oh) - good one!

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:34 pm
I think Boreas has been around for a long time aswell.
Im sure the Axis would have done some research that involved him. Same with Hellsmith.
You could do a great conversion with Boreas' host in the correct dress.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:48 pm
It depends upon whether that Characters motivation would suit the Axis plans.

I could equally see Sanguine working as a Nazi infiltrator amongst the French Resistance or Fighting against the Axis Horde - or maybe he began defending France, and changed sides as he began to see more benefit in it!

Hellsmith, though evil would possibly (in my humble opinion anyway) take great offense at the Italian invasion of Greece - I can't see him siding with a Country that venerated the mythological beings of "Der Ring des Nibelungen" (for example).

The fluff for Boreas describes him as "just awakened" - so it's unlikely he was around for WWII (unfortunately) - cool idea for a conversion though (so I might attempt it LoL).

IDEALLY I would like to create enough Supremes to fill two Level 12 Teams (I'm dreaming I know, but I love thinking about such things) - one can dream though right?

Offline Profile WWW