<  FAN SECTION  ~  The Big Blue Arachnid (And Arthur)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:30 pm
User avatarPulp City IconPosts: 1819Location: Cornwall, UKJoined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:22 pm
Take 4
Decided to make The Tick even harder to hurt. He is Nigh-Invunerable!
Upped his Invincible to 4, added Armoured and changed Super Duo from :AGL to :SPT
To counter this I have added another negative to his Team Power. He MUST take Arthur in the same team. Arthur is going to be easy to kill and fairly rubbish (well he is isnt he).

The Tick Lvl 2 Hero (1.3)

:STR 6 Trump
:DEF 6 Trump
:ENG 2
:AGL 3
:MND 1
:SPT 4

Super Duo / :SPT /Arthur, Hatred/Ninjas, Thick Bones, Bulletproof (Armoured)
AP 6 (7?)
Damage - 16

SPOOOOOON! AP2
Movement Action. Charge +1 to opposed roll and Bruiser. Must be combined with a combat action.

Nigh-Invunerable AP3
Use when taking damage. Nigh-Invunerable gives The Tick Invincible 4 until the end of the round.

On Patrol AP2
Movement Action. The Tick can move up to 9" bounding from one rooftop to another. On Patrol can be used twice in a round but can not be combined with a combat action. The Tick causes 5 points of damage to any scenery piece he passes over.

Halt Evil Doers! :STR v :DEF AP2
Combat Action. Target enemy model in base to base. If the target is not Eliminated by the Opposed Roll, The Tick can then use the Throw action on the target model instead of a scenery piece.

Team Power
Easily Confused
: This model is easily confused and it may take a little longer for his team mates to explain exactly what he has to do. Initiative rolls made by a team that includes this model suffer a -1.
The Tick can only be takrn by teams that also include Arthur

Last edited by hendybadger on Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:08 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
Invincible 4 (not Invulnerable) is too, too much with Damage 16. 2 should be enough (look at extant examples). Just my opinion though. :)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:03 pm
User avatarPulp City IconPosts: 1819Location: Cornwall, UKJoined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:22 pm
Was getting all confused with Nigh-Invunerable and Invincible

What about Invincible 3 and dropping to 13 damage?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:59 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
Make Nigh Invulnerable A reaction that grants Invincible 3 only against that 1 Attack. Lower the cost to 1 AP. That should balance it out.

Also lower his :SPT to 3. Mental attacks are kind of effective against him. If you can find anything in there to mess with that is :D

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:50 pm
Beermonkey wrote:
Make Nigh Invulnerable A reaction that grants Invincible 3 only against that 1 Attack. Lower the cost to 1 AP. That should balance it out.

Also lower his :SPT to 3. Mental attacks are kind of effective against him. If you can find anything in there to mess with that is :D

Do you mean keep the Dam 16 aswell?

He does like to get hypnotised. If the :SPT drops to 3, should I keep the Super Duo :SPT ?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:36 pm
User avatarImmortalPosts: 1161Location: Montreal, CanadaJoined: Tue May 12, 2009 4:23 am
hendybadger wrote:

He does like to get hypnotised. If the :SPT drops to 3, should I keep the Super Duo :SPT ?

I like the super duo :SPT. It makes sense since Arthur tends to keep him from being too overwhelmed, at least some times. Not to mention, since Arthur himself will be a lot less tough then his buddy, there will be some fun risk in keeping him close by if you want the :SPT bonus.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:42 pm
The Tick Lvl 2 Hero (1.4)

:STR 6 Trump
:DEF 6 Trump
:ENG 2
:AGL 3
:MND 1
:SPT 3

Super Duo / :SPT /Arthur, Hatred/Ninjas, Thick Bones, Bulletproof (Armoured)
AP 6 (7?)
Damage - 16

SPOOOOOON! AP2
Movement Action. Charge +1 to opposed roll and Bruiser. Must be combined with a combat action.

Nigh-Invunerable AP3
Use when taking damage. Nigh-Invunerable gives The Tick Invincible 2 against the attack.

On Patrol AP2
Movement Action. The Tick can move up to 9" bounding from one rooftop to another. On Patrol can be used twice in a round but can not be combined with a combat action. The Tick causes 5 points of damage to any building he passes over or ends his movement on.

Halt Evil Doers! :STR v :DEF AP2
Combat Action. Target enemy model in base to base. If the target is not Eliminated by the Opposed Roll, The Tick can then use the Throw action on the target model instead of a scenery piece.

Team Power
Easily Confused
: This model is easily confused and it may take a little longer for his team mates to explain exactly what he has to do. Initiative rolls made by a team that includes this model suffer a -1.
The Tick can only be taken by teams that also include Arthur

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:05 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
Of course once his stats are done, you will soon have to re-do him for the new edition! :twisted:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:02 pm
True. But thats all part of the fun.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:51 pm
I promise to help with the conversion. :)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:13 pm
User avatarImmortalPosts: 1161Location: Montreal, CanadaJoined: Tue May 12, 2009 4:23 am
pulpcitizen wrote:

That's so kind of you... That said, given how hard you're already working to make this game as successful as it is, why don't you send us the conversion guide and we can do it for you? We'd love to make your life easier! ;)

Anyway, I like this current version. I'd leave him with 6 AP, it's enough for him, for now, and I think you should start the harder part: Arthur!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:29 pm
In good time CBV, in good time! :)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:17 pm
cardboardvampire wrote:
pulpcitizen wrote:

That's so kind of you... That said, given how hard you're already working to make this game as successful as it is, why don't you send us the conversion guide and we can do it for you? We'd love to make your life easier! ;)

Anyway, I like this current version. I'd leave him with 6 AP, it's enough for him, for now, and I think you should start the harder part: Arthur!

Yay! Thanks Leon.

Any other thoughts for the Tick before I move on to Arthur?
I am considering a resource for him.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:06 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
Those of you on the GDT, should start blocking out some free time in say a month give or take. You're gonna be VERY busy. LOTS and LOTS of stuff to test. Our theory machine is solid be you guys are gonna be the front line. As for the rest... well can you say open beta? Get ready... it's happening.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:57 am
User avatarHeroPosts: 152Location: Peterborough, ONJoined: Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:23 pm
Beermonkey wrote:
Those of you on the GDT, should start blocking out some free time in say a month give or take. You're gonna be VERY busy. LOTS and LOTS of stuff to test. Our theory machine is solid be you guys are gonna be the front line. As for the rest... well can you say open beta? Get ready... it's happening.

That;s some very exciting news.

Offline Profile