<  FAN SECTION  ~  The Big Blue Arachnid (And Arthur)

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 5:13 pm
User avatarPulp City IconPosts: 1819Location: Cornwall, UKJoined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:22 pm
Not sure if the sculptor wants it known who they are.

Who is your suggestion?

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 1:51 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 947Location: Frankfort, KentuckyJoined: Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:18 pm
This thread is now my fav at the moment. I will be watching closely.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 3:37 pm
User avatarPulp City IconPosts: 1819Location: Cornwall, UKJoined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:22 pm
Open to any ideas rules wise.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:37 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 947Location: Frankfort, KentuckyJoined: Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:18 pm
I am slammed at work at the moment, but once it lightens up I'll see what I can do.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:41 pm
The amazing Mrs Badger has managed to get me all 3 cartoon series of The Tick for my first Fathers Day.
Hopefully that will give me more rules ideas

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:53 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 1461Location: Zen StudiosJoined: Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:43 pm
Have you got the Live Action series yet?

Never Bother Questioning Authority, They Don't Know Either . . .

"Damned if you Do, Damned if you don't"
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:42 pm
Watched it but dont have the DVD yet

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:12 pm
Patrick Warburton as the Tick = Awesome!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:17 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 1461Location: Zen StudiosJoined: Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:43 pm
Bubba Ho-Tep wrote:
Patrick Warburton as the Tick = Awesome!

I KNOW RIGHT!

I love Superhero Parody stuff when it's done well - and this was done really REALLY well IMHO!

Never Bother Questioning Authority, They Don't Know Either . . .

"Damned if you Do, Damned if you don't"
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:39 pm
User avatarImmortalPosts: 1161Location: Montreal, CanadaJoined: Tue May 12, 2009 4:23 am
So, I know it's a little late, but I think this might be a case where you can justify a slightly more powerful character at the cost of a more negative team power.

I might consider something like

Easily Confused: This model is easily confused and it may take a little longer for his team mates to explain exactly what he has to do. Initiative rolls made by a team that includes this model suffer a -1.

Yes, it's a disadvantage, but it's fluffy and also allows you to give him some truely awesome abilities!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:44 pm
I LOVE it!

"No Tick. Dont just run right at him!"

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:39 pm
Take 2. Team power from CBVs suggestion and damage added to his movement ability. Also increased his Invunerable from 2 to 3

The Tick Lvl 2 Hero (1.1)

:STR 6 Trump
:DEF 6 Trump
:ENG 2
:AGL 3
:MND 1
:SPT 4

Super Duo / :AGL /Arthur, Hatred/Ninjas, Thick Bones
AP 5 (6?)

SPOOOOOON! AP2
Movement Action. Charge +1 to opposed roll and Bruiser. Must be combined with a combat action.

Nigh-Invunerable AP3
Use when taking damage. Nigh-Invunerable gives The Tick Invunerable 3 until the end of the round.

On Patrol AP2
Movement Action. The Tick can move up to 9" from one rooftop to another. On Patrol can be used twice in a round. The Tick causes 3 points of damage to any scenery piece he lands on.

Team Power
Easily Confused
: This model is easily confused and it may take a little longer for his team mates to explain exactly what he has to do. Initiative rolls made by a team that includes this model suffer a -1.

Last edited by hendybadger on Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:59 pm
User avatarImmortalPosts: 1161Location: Montreal, CanadaJoined: Tue May 12, 2009 4:23 am
Looks good! A few thoughts...

Right now, he has no exclusive attack actions. If he's not in combat, his most likely action is to charge using his power and make a :STR 8 attack (Base 6, +1 from charge, +1 from power). That's pretty solid, especially when he can power up as well, but seems reasonable since that uses up most of his AP and only leaves him with one more strike in the round.

Nigh-Invunerable - Is this an action to turn on or is it used as a reaction?

Given that right now he has two movement powers and 1 defensive buff, I might consider giving him a nice self blast. Most of what I know from the tick comes only from the live action show (I know, I really should check out the cartoon), but something that involves him trashing everything within 2 inches of himself, friends included, might be appropriate.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:15 pm
I thought about a throw power he could use on enemy models instead of scenery. He is always chucking people around.

Maybe a spin then throw. He grabs an enemy and spins causing a SBL2 :STR attack that ends in the original target being thrown.

Nigh-Invunerable is a reaction to taking damage and last for the rest of the round

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:15 pm
Take 3.
Thoughts?

The Tick Lvl 2 Hero (1.1)

:STR 6 Trump
:DEF 6 Trump
:ENG 2
:AGL 3
:MND 1
:SPT 4

Super Duo / :AGL /Arthur, Hatred/Ninjas, Thick Bones
AP 6 (7?)
Damage - 16

SPOOOOOON! AP2
Movement Action. Charge +1 to opposed roll and Bruiser. Must be combined with a combat action.

Nigh-Invunerable AP3
Use when taking damage. Nigh-Invunerable gives The Tick Invunerable 3 until the end of the round.

On Patrol AP2
Movement Action. The Tick can move up to 9" from one rooftop to another. On Patrol can be used twice in a round but can not be combined with a combat action. The Tick causes 5 points of damage to any scenery piece he lands on.

Halt Evil Doers! :STR v :DEF AP2
Combat Action. Target enemy model in base to base. If the target is not Eliminated by the Opposed Roll, The Tick can then use the Throw action on the target model instead of a scenery piece.

Team Power
Easily Confused
: This model is easily confused and it may take a little longer for his team mates to explain exactly what he has to do. Initiative rolls made by a team that includes this model suffer a -1.