<  FAN SECTION  ~  Age of Ultron Type Idea

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:22 pm
MortalPosts: 25Location: Belfast, Northern IrelandJoined: Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:19 am
My idea is to a boat load of robot minis attacking a board, controlled by one "mastermind" character. (Using robots because I have the minis, other "Masterminds" could use zombies, cats, dogs, mutants, insects,ninja whatever.)

Heroes/Villains must battle through the minion robots to get to the Mastermind and take him down.

Extras:-

Supreme Player always has initiative but may chose to go second.

Minion models would use the cards for Sentry Bots level 1 and 2.

Mastermind would use C.O.R.E.'s "Ghenis Khan" card. (or substitute one of the other Pulp City Leaders)

Minion activation rule. Any minion with line of sight to a Supreme can activate after the Supreme players activation (unless it is a "pass" activation). This means that the Supreme in site may not be the Supreme to trigger the robot activation. A minion must try attacking a Supreme, if this is not possible they must attempt an attack against nearest building. (I.e. Prioritize Supremes for attacks (move,attack), second priority: attack buildings (move, attack) if an attack is not possible just the movement is to be made.

Minion regeneration, for every 5 robots destroyed, 5 robots can spend an activation to come back on to the table at the start of the next round. (30 minion limit at any one time).

Mastermind C.O.R.E. can activate one minion robot after each of his activations (must be a different model each time).

Supreme Victory: Get Mastermind C.O.R.E. down to half health within 6 rounds: 3VP

Mastermind Victory: Survive with half health and at least 15 minions on the table: 3VP

Bonus Supreme: Stop 1 half (rounded up, if needed) of the buildings from being destroyed

Bonus Mastermind: Destroy 1 half (rounded up, if needed) of the buildings on the board

(If playing as Heavy Metal, C.O.R.E can be used as Leader as the Mastermind C.O.R.E. is a corrupted copy of the original)

Anyone want to have a go at this and let me know how it goes? I'll not get a game in until the new year to try this out...

http://blackmountaingaming.blogspot.co.uk/
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:30 am
User avatarHeroPosts: 354Location: Tindal, AustraliaJoined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:53 pm
This looks cool. I think I'll need to dig out my B-1 battle droids to be the minions...

And ideas on level to play this at? And board size?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:21 pm
MortalPosts: 25Location: Belfast, Northern IrelandJoined: Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:19 am
8 to 10 lvl.

3ft x 3ft

12 t0 18 lvl

4ft x 4ft

On the bigger table I'd increase respawns of the robots and bump them up to allow 40 minions.

http://blackmountaingaming.blogspot.co.uk/
Offline Profile WWW