<  Battle Reports  ~  Nuke Jones: Nuked everyone!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:46 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
Just wanted to share a little story with you all. We're playing a 4 way Encounter Level 3 game of quest last night. Teams were : (New Necroplane Model lvl2) + Mourn;Libra + Scorpio; Loup Garou + Moon Child; Nuke Jones + Chronin.

So on a 2x2 board everyone rushes for the center. Nuke Jones Moves* and uses Nuclear Leak. Libra uses Tipping the Scales to pull him even further into the center of the board. All but 2 models end up taking Aftershocks 3. Following round Nuclear Leak persists! This time all but 1 model suffers Aftershocks 4! Towards the end of the round Nuke Jones can see his time is up and uses Detonate inflicting Aftershocks 3 on Scorpio who had thus far avoided radiation damage. Upkeep phase of round 3 and the only two models left on the board are New Necroplane model and Chronin!

It was an awesome battle and a lot of fun. Just goes to show that the right model in the right place with the right Plot makes ALL the difference.

BTW in the end the Necroplane took home the goods. Stupid :DEF 6.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:18 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
Sounds like a fun way to try out some interesting combos. :)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:45 pm
User avatarImmortalPosts: 1161Location: Montreal, CanadaJoined: Tue May 12, 2009 4:23 am
I can't believe I missed this post last week...

So there's a new level 2 necroplace model on the horizon?

More importantly, how can loup garou and moonchild be on the same team? Isn't Moonchild a Bloodwatch hero and loup garou a coven villain?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:51 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
cardboardvampire wrote:
I can't believe I missed this post last week...

So there's a new level 2 necroplace model on the horizon?

And more; don't forget we have seen a couple of new guys from Necroplane as line art in the Guide (p. 49; p. 116). Now when those guys may be out, who knows, but they are on the schedule for some point. :)

Quote:
More importantly, how can loup garou and moonchild be on the same team? Isn't Moonchild a Bloodwatch hero and loup garou a coven villain?

All will become clear, but it isn't a mistake... 8)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:05 pm
User avatarImmortalPosts: 1161Location: Montreal, CanadaJoined: Tue May 12, 2009 4:23 am
pulpcitizen wrote:

And more; don't forget we have seen a couple of new guys from Necroplane as line art in the Guide (p. 49; p. 116). Now when those guys may be out, who knows, but they are on the schedule for some point. :)

Definitely true, but neither our gangster or flying skyboard guy seemed likely to have :DEF 6. That gives me hope for something new!

Quote:

:) Beermonkey doesn't make mistakes...

Kinda interesting though... There was a time Morf would make cryptic comments and you would be askingf or hints. Now, you've got the cryptic comments...

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:08 pm
cardboardvampire wrote:
pulpcitizen wrote:

Definitely true, but neither our gangster or flying skyboard guy seemed likely to have :DEF 6. That gives me hope for something new!

Great detective work! It is a great concept, which is all I can say for now!

Quote:
Quote:

:) Beermonkey doesn't make mistakes...

Kinda interesting though... There was a time Morf would make cryptic comments and you would be askingf or hints. Now, you've got the cryptic comments...

Now that is irony! Point well made. :lol:

Do you fancy taking over updating this thread from the hints that are spread around?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:44 pm
pulpcitizen wrote:

Do you fancy taking over updating this thread from the hints that are spread around?

I think that post did a lot of good, but it may have had a bit too much traffic on it. Maybe I'll start a new clean version if I can get the time.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:25 pm
cardboardvampire wrote:
pulpcitizen wrote:

I think that post did a lot of good, but it may have had a bit too much traffic on it. Maybe I'll start a new clean version if I can get the time.

Sounds like a plan. Just FYI - some of the info that I culled/sifted was accurate on the p. 3 list, some was not - the Levels of at least one or two predicted Supremes I got wrong. One of the Sub-faction names I listed has changed. It might be worth looking at some of the previously unseen or unknown characters in the book and trying to figure if some of them fit into specific Sub-factions...