<  Battle Reports  ~  A PC Mini Campaign - Sieze the Helm of the Aquarius!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:51 pm
SidekickPosts: 60Location: Rockville, MD, USAJoined: Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:07 am
A little something I cooked up this morning for Scorpio, mkcontra and I to play, as we develop our 12-level teams.

A Pulp City mini-arc.

Forces:

Ideal if one person is playing a Hero Team and one a Villain Team, but it can work as competing interests in a HvH or VvV game.

Suggest selecting a pool of 9 levels of Supremes, of which 6 levels will be used for each game. The players will select their Supremes as soon as they know if they will be the attacker or defender in the scenario.

Game 1.

Smackdown – two groups of Supremes have become aware of an ancient Ulthar artifact which has been uncovered in a (museum/graveyard/sewer) of Pulp City. The two teams of supremes race to the location of a map rumored to reveal the location of the Helm of the Aquarius.

Game 2.

Quest – The winning team from Game 1 receives the information and goes off in search of the Helm of the Aquarius. The losing team receives a tip from a mole in the opposing team about the path the winning team is taking, and moves to intercept.

Game 3.

Invasion – The winning team from Game 2 uncovers the location of the Helm of the Aquarius and moves to take its location. Victory must be assured! The losing team from Game 2 seeks to prevent the winners from gaining a defensible position.

Game 4.

Take and Hold – The winning team from game 3 moves in to take the Helm of the Aquarius, but is assailed by the losing team from Game 3. One team must take and hold the Helm of the Aquarius!

Game 5.

Destroy or Defend – The team which took the Helm of the Aquarius in Game 4 must defend it. The team which failed to take the Helm of the Aquarius in Game 4 must attempt to win it back or destroy it in the process!

Game 6.

Escape – The winning team from Game 5 must flee either with the Helm of the Aquarius. Possession of the Helm of the Aquarius will lead to a shift in the balance of power in Pulp City!

Aaron

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:50 pm
User avatarHeroPosts: 354Location: Tindal, AustraliaJoined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:53 pm
Nice work. I've got a mate coming down in a few weeks so we'll give this a crack! Thanks for sharing it.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:59 pm
User avatarImmortalPosts: 1161Location: Montreal, CanadaJoined: Tue May 12, 2009 4:23 am
I really like that! It's got a good flow and a great story behind it.

One suggestion? Maybe shift the invasion one down a bit so that near the climactic battle, Ulthar foot soldiers show up to try and recover the helm themselves?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:32 pm
SidekickPosts: 60Location: Rockville, MD, USAJoined: Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:07 am
Thanks! I look forward to hearing how it goes.

As for the intro of a 3rd force - that could be very interesting if I can come up with a balanced way to add that in.

This being an Ulthar artifact was really just happenstance - you can substitute any Macguffin you like there.

Aaron

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:41 pm
User avatarImmortalPosts: 1161Location: Montreal, CanadaJoined: Tue May 12, 2009 4:23 am
skrivanek wrote:

As for the intro of a 3rd force - that could be very interesting if I can come up with a balanced way to add that in.

Well, the invasion scenario already involves a 3rd force being involved. While I havn't tried that exact scenario yet, both players have to fight off a third force of minions who continually respawn.

Offline Profile