<  Battle Reports  ~  Our First Attempt at Pulp City

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:13 pm
User avatarPulp City IconPosts: 1819Location: Cornwall, UKJoined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:22 pm
Last night saw our first ever game of PC. Myself against loudo

All info and pics are here on my blog - http://pressganger.blogspot.com/2011/09 ... -pulp.html

Would love to know what you think

Last edited by hendybadger on Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:25 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
I know I will watch with interest. :)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:47 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
Not bad for a first game. Most people seem to get a lot of rules mixed up. That's no big deal. Hell I even find myself cracking the book on occasion. So no worries there friend. Keep it up and ask away if you have any more questions.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:13 am
User avatarPulp City IconPosts: 1819Location: Cornwall, UKJoined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:22 pm
Beermonkey wrote:
Not bad for a first game. Most people seem to get a lot of rules mixed up. That's no big deal. Hell I even find myself cracking the book on occasion. So no worries there friend. Keep it up and ask away if you have any more questions.

It was without a decent read and understanding of the rules so I expect the games to get better as we go. And alot of it makes more sense now its been put into practice.
Ask if I have questions?
Did you see what happened that last time that was said to me on here? :lol:
6 pages so far........

Im sure there will be more and you have all been more than helpful on here

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:44 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 1536Location: SE KansasJoined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:14 am
hendybadger wrote:
Im sure there will be more and you have all been more than helpful on here

You can imagine what would happen if the beer stopped flowing and the BM got angry...or what would happen when the beer starts flowing. hhmmmm? lol

Now Accepting Commissions!

My Blog: Pen and Lead
Offline Profile WWW YIM
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:01 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
That sounds like a GenCon after hours event! Pulp City with Beer and Beermonkey! Maybe that will be an event.... hmmmm.....

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:49 am
User avatarDefender of the NeighborhoodPosts: 139Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:06 am
It was a great game, i love the dynamics between the models and buildings ect. the rules seem to be very well written and thought out. I cant wait for our next game :D

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:14 pm
It was an advantage in having the free pdf rules to use as a beta for a year or two before we sat down to re-right them. We had a LOT of time to play test and refine the rules. If you didn't use them I can tell you how important it is you use the Plots and Agendas. After a few games just beating up on each other you need to expand and see how the game works with all the elements in play.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:27 pm
What about Thursday loudo?
Buildings are on the way now.

Shouldnt be long before we get the hang of it properly and then start going for plots, aganedas, citizens, invaders etc

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:36 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 1536Location: SE KansasJoined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:14 am
Beermonkey wrote:
It was an advantage in having the free pdf rules to use as a beta for a year or two before we sat down to re-right them. We had a LOT of time to play test and refine the rules. If you didn't use them I can tell you how important it is you use the Plots and Agendas. After a few games just beating up on each other you need to expand and see how the game works with all the elements in play.

I can tell you I will never run a game of pulp city without the plots and agendas. Even if its a demo.

Straight up destruction doesn't bring out the best of this game not let it shine like plots and agendas do.

Now Accepting Commissions!

My Blog: Pen and Lead
Offline Profile WWW YIM
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:10 pm
Is there any Agendsa and Plots to avoid while learning?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:23 pm
User avatarImmortalPosts: 1161Location: Montreal, CanadaJoined: Tue May 12, 2009 4:23 am
I'd avoid Invasion, at first.

All of the various Agendas should be fine. You should definitely try as many different agendas as possible though, since it's a good way to challenge yourself to use your supremes in different ways.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:20 pm
But Invasion sounds so much fun. And loudo has already picked out the Zombies.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:06 pm
Invasion is a BLAST!! That said it is more complicated and time consuming than other Plots.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:40 pm
User avatarImmortalPosts: 1161Location: Montreal, CanadaJoined: Tue May 12, 2009 4:23 am
hendybadger wrote:
But Invasion sounds so much fun. And loudo has already picked out the Zombies.

Just to be clear, I have nothing against invasion... I'm just saying that for your first few games, it might be a tad simpler not to deal with an extra dozen models moving and acting on the table.

Offline Profile