<  Battle Reports  ~  The Ninja Invasion!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:20 pm
HeroPosts: 268Joined: Mon May 23, 2011 1:11 am
Had a 8lvl game tonight playing Invasion. Really close good fun game, with much stuff going down. Took plenty of photos too.

Here's the peaceful city before the shiznit goes down...

And the Channel 7 News chopper's view:

The Protagonists

Baskinder's Team:
From left to right: Zzappbotz (Lvl1 BOOMinion), Riposte Lvl2 (Heroic Call Lvl1), Aquerro Lvl1, Stinger Lvl1 (First Aid Kit Lvl1), Gorgoroth Lvl2, Toolbotz (Lvl1 BOOMinion), Sagitarius Lvl2 (Laser Crossbow Lvl2), Lion & Tinman (Lvl2 BOOMinion)

Felstorm's Team:
From left to right: Hellsmith Lvl2 (Hammer Lvl1), Sister Bedlam Lvl1 (First Aid Kit Lvl1), Waterballs (Lvl1 BOOMinion), Boreas Lvl2 (Elemental Mastery Lvl2), Neptunians (Lvl1 BOOMinion), Tritonius Lvl1, Hydroman! (Lvl2 BOOMinion), Seabolt Lvl2.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:36 pm
We used these for the invasion minion:

The Shadow Assassin blokes ended up being a bit tougher than we thought...

Turn 1

Riposte wins the start roll. Felstorm brings on 3 Ninjas next to his team (in order to smash them and get AGP!) and Baskinders brings on 3 more Ninjas next to Felstorm's team (in order to smash them and stop them killing the other Ninjas so they don't get AGP!!), all while Boreas watches from the roof of city hall:

Sagitarius gates the Taurus, Lion & Tinman:

While Scorpio organises the mechanical Ulthar minion to cover the advancing team's rear and shoot any ninjas that may appear!

The turn is spent with the Ninjas hurting Tritonius a little bit then all getting smashed by Hellsmith, Seabolt and Tritonius earning Felstorm a tidy 3AGP in turn 1 but meaning his whole team pretty much stood where they started except for Boreas.

Meanwhile the opposing team advanced up the main road of town and Scorpio took off down the flank by himself. This turns out to be not so smart when Boreas see him and Gale's him, throwing him into the BMW that was probably the Mayor's and leaving him clinging to not much Ulthar life...

The news chopper sees it unfolding:

Last edited by baskinders on Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:50 pm
Turn 2

Riposte again gets the starting roll win. This time Felstorm rolls a 6 and lets loose a Shadow Assassin and 3 Ninjas in the rear most point of the Ulthars line. The Ninjas charge out and injure Aquerro but one is impaled on Riposte's foil as she counter attacks him.

Stinger charges Boreas with the first activation and uses Lunge to inflict 6 damage on the host body! But not enough, Boreas uses Gale again and rips the skinny alien to bits...

Gorgoroth Moves* and Goring Rushes, bashing down Hellsmith with a Trump roll, Sister Bedlam and Tritonius all for a bit of damage.

Felstorm reveals that Seabolt is carrying a Razing Laser and the surfy dude heads towards the Police Station ready to bring it down while Hellsmith, Sister Bedlam and Tritonius all attempt to take down the Taurus, with little success...

Sagitarius coordinates fire with the Zzapbotz on the Ninjas, killing the remaining 2, while the centre of Baskinder's team continue advancing.

Felstorm then goes into a "what the heck do these guys do again?!?"trance like state...

Turn 3

Riposte can not be stopped from winning the starting roll...

Felstorm rolls ridiculously and gets two 4s and a 6 so nine Ninjas and a Shadow Assassin turn up! Some even appear on top of the Police Station...

...however their katanas have obviously not been sharpened as they don't do much damage. Not like Gorgoroth who Goring Rushes again, powering up and trumping against Hellsmith, bringing the big unit down.

Boreas then whips up Gale again and tosses a car at Gorgoroth, flattening a Ninja in the process, while Lion & Tinman charge Sister Bedlam and finish her off.

Again the Channel 7 team catches all the action at the end of turn 3:

Last edited by baskinders on Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:10 pm
Turn 4

I'm not gonna say who won the starting roll, she's getting a bit of a big head to go with that hair-do...

3 Shadow Assassins suddenly appear, their overlords obviously realising that the lesser Ninjas weren't quite up to the job and needed some heavy hitters sent in! But they too have minimal impact on the mighty Supremes of Pulp City, except for taking down a few Zzap and toolbotz. The Shadow Assassin that is throwing shuriken at the mechanical minion is proving super resistant, taking only 2 damage from the combined firepower of the Zzapbotz and Sagittarius for the last 2 turns!

Seabolt Sprays the Police Station, shaking its foundations and soaking Aquerro in the process. Gorgoroth pummels the Ninja next to him and tosses the car next to him at a newly arrived Shadow Assassin, hitting Hydroman and taking out another Ninja in the blast.

Lion & Tinman engage Tritonius in a brawl and Tritonius emegres hanging onto life but victorious, while Boreas continues causing havok with Gale, flinging Aquerro into the front of the Police Station leaving him battered and bruised.

Turn 5

A Shadow Assassin and 3 Ninjas turns up this turn and join their bretheren, finishing of the remaining "botz". Gorgoroth continues belting Ninjas and Assassins.

Boreas then bring down the Police Station leaving a pile of rubble!

Riposte chases Boreas and destroys the host body with stylish fencing manouvers, dissapating the wind spirit.

Seabolt has his revenge though and Moves* over the rubble of the Police Station next to Aquerro and then Goes with the Flow!!! right back to Riposte, drowning Aquerro a Ninja, a Shadow Assassin and hurting Riposte and a second Shadow Assassin. Surf's UP!

Turn 6

A solitary Shadow Assassin (who probably had trouble getting into his fighting pjs) shows up too little too late.

A quick count of AGP shows Felstorm on 7 and Baskinders on 6.5. But with only Seabolt left and Baskinders with his 3 lvl2 Supremes, it was gonna be a tight last turn!

The Ninjas that had climbed off the roof of the Police Station ran towards Sagittarius, which was a fatal mistake. He pumped out a laser crossbow blast shot which vapourized all three, putting Baskinders 1 AGP up. Seabolt had a crack at knocking off a Shadow Assassin but he proved too slippery to handle, as did Riposte and Gorgoroth to no avail!

So that left us with an 8-7 AGP game (Baskinders had "Kill Hellsmith" and "Let Boreas survive" agendas (although I thought I wrote down Seabolt so I ignored him and chased Boreas!!! Lesson kids, always recheck what you wrote :)))(Felstorm had "Raze with Laser" and "Soliliquy" which is ridiculously tough and neither of us has ever gotten off!). It also left us with a city full of Shadow Assassins, :DEF 4 and 9 damage is really really tough for a supposedly squishy minion! It's what most lvl1 Supreme's have! So yeah, they were tough.

Overall was a fun game, Gorgoroth is super tough, maybe a little too much but pretty fun!! Boreas and Seabolt are awesome, Tritonius is cool and Sister Bedlam would be good but got stuck out of position. Hellsmith always seems to get targetted early on and doesn't last long enough to have an impact. Riposte and Aquerro are great, didn't dominate but were pretty fun. And Scorpio and Sagittarius are solid. Also I have to note that this is the first game I've won against Felstorm in a while, he's been whoopin my @rse for the last 5 or 6 games :)

Last edited by baskinders on Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:35 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
Damn this is a good game! LOVE IT!!!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:24 pm
User avatarPulp City IconPosts: 1819Location: Cornwall, UKJoined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:22 pm
Got to agree with Beermonkey.
Looks like a brilliant game. Looking forward to the next instalment.

I like your water themed team. Where did you get your BOOM Minions?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:24 am
Finished the last 3 turns. Sorry bout some of the photos being blurry, tough to take pro ones in the Queensland heat combined with the heat of battle, not gonna lie, that's 2 types of heat combined!!! :shock:

Felstorm's Waterball minion are from Anima Tactics range, they come with one of their minis, and the Neptunians and Hydroman, as well as the ninjas we used, are all Heroclix figs.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:36 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 947Location: Frankfort, KentuckyJoined: Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:18 pm
Great game! Where are the lamp posts from?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:13 pm
User avatarImmortalPosts: 1161Location: Montreal, CanadaJoined: Tue May 12, 2009 4:23 am
Great report! I love the variety in the miniatures!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:16 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
Fun lookimg game - thanks for sharing. :)

Bubba Ho-Tep wrote:
Great game! Where are the lamp posts from?

Look like GW to me (Cities of Death stuff).

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:37 pm
User avatarPulp City IconPosts: 1819Location: Cornwall, UKJoined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:22 pm
Awesome report all together.
Cant wait for the next one!

And to add to the 'where is it from?' questions,
Where did your pipes and building rubble come from?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:05 am
Spot on PC, the street lamps are from the GW cities of death buildings. The rubble for the smashed building is from the very first GW cities of death packs that they did which they've discontinued (both Felstorm and I worked for GW for about 10years each here in Oz before getting real jobs about 5 years ago so we've got plenty of gear collected over the journey). The elevated piping stuff that weve set up like ramps to the buildings are from Armorcast and the pipes that are on the ground as scenery pieces are from some random guy on eBay that I can't remember :).

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:21 am
Cheers. Its looking great.
How are the Ameritowne buildings to build and store etc?