<  Battle Reports  ~  Quest scenario game

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:26 am
HeroPosts: 268Joined: Mon May 23, 2011 1:11 am
Had a game with a mate last night, K-nucks, who has only played Pulp once before (but has played many a toy soldier game in the past!).

We decided on Quest for a plot and didn't worry about agendas to keep it simple.

Here's the teams!

Baskinder's team

Stoner Hawk Lvl2 (Elemental Mastery Lvl2), Sgt Bale Lvl2 (Path of Destiny Lvl1), Harrier Lvl1, Moon Child Lvl1 (Astral Rose Lvl1), Dead Dog (Lvl2 BOOMinion)

K-nucks' team

Aquerro Lvl1, Riposte Lvl2 (Blessing of Hermes Lvl1), Cronin Lvl1 (First Aid Kit Lvl1), Iron Train Lvl2 (High Octane Fuel Lvl1, Heroic Call Lvl1), Lion & Tinman (Lvl2 BOOMinion)

And the city streets:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:50 am
Turn 1

The first turn was manoeuvring for better positions. Riposte ran down the flank, Iron Train moved up to the central car, Cronin directed Lion & Tinman to advance and Harrier took to the rooftops Up Up and Away. Aquerro took an shot at Harrier and inflicted one point of damage, marking her out as his chosen prey. Bale had heard about some of Riposte's shadier dealings with villains and vowed to treat her to the punishment of the Dragon's Champ! The rest of Baskinder's team moved more cautiously:

Turn 2

Riposte sees an opening, giving the signal to Cronin who orders Tinman to charge Bale but fails to have an impact, with Lion lagging behind (probably because of his massive head...)

Stoner retaliates by dropping an SVU on Lions big head, pummelling the little fella

Iron Train liked the look of that and sends the SVU sailing back at Stoner Hawk and Moon Child causing damage to both but Stoner protects Moon Child selflessly. Iron Train also makes a Heroic Call and beckons to Cronin to claim the objective while he shields her, which she does.

Harrier, watching from the roof top, grabs the barrel next to her and swoops down smashing Tinman in the face with it, taking out the trash!!!

Aquerro fires at his chosen prey Harrier again but misses this time, while Bale moves in to range with his submachine gun and unloads at Riposte, causing some minor wounds.

Riposte, offended at the use of the gun, charges and strikes Bale, slipping her foil through his guard for a scoring hit. Moon Child shape shifts into Moon Coyote and whistles to Dead Dog to move up towards the action. She then teleports in next to Bale and heals 3 points of damage with Astral Rose.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:16 am
Turn 3

Bale actually out brains Riposte and get the first action which he uses to blast her point blank in the guts with his hand cannon, causing a fair amount of discomfort on the twinkle toed fencer. However the inconvenience is quickly returned when Riposte stabs Bale back, seriously piercing his pancreas. In a last ditch show of heroics, Bale punches Riposte with his fiery fist but to no avail. Iron Train delivers the pain, charging in and giving a free ride to both Moon Coyote and Bale, with Bale's being a one way ticket...

Stoner Hawk, enraged, tosses a stone Tomahawk at Iron Train, smashing him to the ground

However the pain train simply shook of the hit and stood back up. Cronin had snuck around behind some pipes holding the objective and Aquerro continued providing cover fire. Moon Coyote smelled the objective and blinked to attack the time samurai, but the blow was stopped by Cronins Time Shield. The two trade blows, hurting each other and leaving Moon Coyote half lame. Stoner Hawk and Harrier moved into position to help gain possession of the prize next turn, butRiposte moves to intercept Harrier and delivers a blow, injuring the flying girl.

Turn 4

Cronin swings her gleaming sword and finishes off Moon Coyote. Harrier recovers and performs a flyby attack on Riposte and Cronin but fails to penetrate their awesome defences. Aquerro fires again but misses this time, allowing Harrier to build up enough speed to swing by and grab a street lamp and flog Cronin with it, bringing her close to incapacitation!!!

Iron Trail belts the rock man but makes no impression. Stoner ignores the steaming pain train, grabbing the BMW and flinging it at Riposte, again doing minor damage.

Riposte now sees her opening, having studied Harriers aerial moves, charging and impaling Harrier.

Dead Dog finally realises that there's something going on and uses Surprise Stab on Iron Train, ripping off some gears and bolts but leaving the bit engine still in pretty good shape.

At this point Baskinders conceded that he had more chance of getting pregnant than getting the objective back off Cronin and that, given it was 10:30pm and well past my bedtime we'd call it a resounding victory to K-nucks!!! :)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:25 am
Overall a fun game!

K-nucks picked up the combos and tactics straight away. He played it perfectly by distracting me with minion bait, sending his tank up the middle to block for his lesser heroes and sneaking away with the objective. I on the other hand held back with my bruiser guy who could take the hits, left my minion bait at the back of my line and tried to use my level 1s as my main fighting weapons. Only one way that could have gone huh... ;).

Iron Train is a ridiculous monster of a character, thankfully he only has 5AP. Riposte is awesome too and K really used her well, choosing the right moment to strike just like a patient fencer. Love Harrier, she's awesome fun to use, and Moon Child is cool as a back up Lvl1. Stoner Hawk is solid and this is the second game I've had with Bale but I haven't worked out how to use him properly yet. He's definitely not a toe-to-toe fighter. Think next time I'll use his shooting and maybe throw streetlights and barrels around with him?

All in all sweet fun as always.

Merry Xmas kids!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:28 am
User avatarSidekickPosts: 66Location: Melbourne, AustraliaJoined: Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:09 pm
Awesome battle report dude!

Who makes the buildings you're using?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:18 pm
User avatarPulp City IconPosts: 1819Location: Cornwall, UKJoined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:22 pm
Another great report. Really enjoy reading these.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:01 pm
exploding youth wrote:
Awesome battle report dude!

Who makes the buildings you're using?

Cheers mate. Buildings are from the Ameritown range.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 6:10 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
Very enjoyable report.