<  Battle Reports  ~  Link to a demo/review

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:50 pm
User avatarImmortalPosts: 1161Location: Montreal, CanadaJoined: Tue May 12, 2009 4:23 am
Over the holidays, I was introduced to fun new Pulp City player and I ran a quick demo for him. I love meeting new people to play with and he picked up all the rules pretty quick despite this being my first attempt to demo in french.

He's got a pretty interesting write up here which gives you some sense of how the game went and also has some interesting insight into the game from the perspective of someone starting off. It's french only, but for those who can read it, it's worth a look.

http://necrophiludique.blogspot.com/201 ... eable.html

For those not fluent in French, the demo involved two level 5 teams:

Sgt Bale, Six Feet Under, Blood Rose
Guerilla, Solar, Chimp Chi.

The game was a blast with garbage bins and mailboxes being hurled about, strategic sites were controlled and contested and in the end, only one model was left standing.

I lost, but I don't mind since that means I'll get to challenge him to a rematch when I get the time!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:18 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
If using Chrome, the option to auto translate should be there (I Follow this blog already so know from experience). :)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:09 pm
MortalPosts: 15Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:29 am
Hi,

I'm the rookie who made this "report". That was definitely a cool demo. Thanks cardboardvampire for posting a link to my blog here. :wink:

The auto translator will probably not give you a perfect translation since I use kind of colloquial french expressions and references (or inside jokes) .

The other option is a man made translation which I may be able to achieve with my unperfect english and post here (if I find some courage :MND ) :lol:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:58 pm
User avatarImmortalPosts: 1161Location: Montreal, CanadaJoined: Tue May 12, 2009 4:23 am
Don't worry about writing perfectly. We're an international community and Pulp City definitely allows dual citizenship. :)

Welcome to the boards!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:01 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
yslaire wrote:
Hi,

I'm the rookie who made this "report". That was definitely a cool demo. Thanks cardboardvampire for posting a link to my blog here. :wink:

The auto translator will probably not give you a perfect translation since I use kind of colloquial french expressions and references (or inside jokes) .

The other option is a man made translation which I may be able to achieve with my unperfect english and post here (if I find some courage :MND ) :lol:

As cardboardvampire says - worry not! I know that I certainly find your blog an enjoyable read through the translator. :)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:48 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
Nice write up! The translation wasn't too bad at all. Glad to see you had fun and don't worry about your English, we are very welcoming to all here. Like you said we're here to have fun and tell stories rather than be Tournament Game. Welcome to Pulp City.