TY for comments
recently i got my self inside Pulp City Dungeon - so expect new minis around :D
what can i say about new starters
let c
Heros
over all nice minis - non of them require any assembly
new Ace - i s nice i perffered old one but old one got 4 parts or even 5
new one is symplier (no parts at all) but details are cryspy and nice
Tekna - her face looks a bit Asian and again nice details - and a bit of work with arms to remove mold lines but nothing bad
Wildman - at first glance it is like "huh ?? " but from up close nice details and it got a feral look

Vilians :
Nuck - ye he is the boss in This starter - no wonder ppl buy it - new Nucke is Manancing and Powerfull - not over loaded with details so painters can show what they can do :)
Aurelious - at first glance - espacialy on photo - he looks strange - but in hands he is full of details and his face got maniacal expression - and he is actualy quite big - i like this guy
Anansi .. i don't exacly get what going on with this mini ... need to paint to actualy judge it (maybe it is like with Harier, and Hronin - i don't like un painted - i love painted one .. will c )

beside thous
Amok - HE IS HUGE !
Stygian - Awesomtactic
Grims - they will be popular XD
Cro Mag - NICE ..

And i think PC need more YT presence in form of intro games and batt reps ..

im not in possesion of enything "Secret" so i should be able to post photos :D

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:16 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
Can't wait to see you work your magic on the new models Maru! Please keep us posted.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:53 am
User avatarHeroPosts: 202Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:48 am
if i recal i caind of promised WipS ... and then forget about them ... e .. um
so i got WIPS ! .. but other ones :P
- what im currently working on for my self :

and do not worry III in pink is just a one of the steps to actualy paint nice scar XD
i already knee that Lup Garou will look better painted then un painted Version - same go for Moon Coyote
But what about THE NEW STUFF ? - the real new Stuff
ok - they are all painted - i just need contact Morf for approval :P - no thous are not official PJ - thous go for Demo Gamings so if you are lucky you may actualy get demo with thous :D
(will get Morf a day if he don't answer i will just post - owner got right to look first :P )

other :
How is the book ?
i like it
is in HC - so you may clobber your opponent with it or use as transport try ;)
beside is realy clean and simple written - no mumbo jumbos like in Infinity 3ED (3ED is way better in this dep then 2ED but FAQ is already like 2 pages ... -___-' (only 2 in 2ED it would be like 5 ))
but what beside this - PiCtUreS a lot of them full colour
and Monstars rules ...
and at last page is .......

Something i think i should not Spoil :P

and i menage to get thrue Blackest night from DC (with addons ) and basicly it is My little pony friendship is magic .. .....
and i got my hands on JSL Throne of Atlantis ... and they redesign almost all Suppremes but Wonder streaper stays Wonder Streaper ... i just don't get it
Super man gets it after all thous year that red undis go under blue pants but Diana stay stubborn and use tight pants as a tactical ware ... -___-'

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:04 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
Loup Garou II and Moonchild/Moon Coyote are off the a great start. :)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:36 pm
a yes they get Morf seal of Approval :D

hero will go secound (we know all w8 for Nucke :P)

btw strange Lup Garou II got mark III on chest .....
BTT
Nucke - ye a main seller of this box he is a best - funny he is on 40mm base but fits 30 perfectly when Aurelious is on 30 but fits on 40
this was ceind not obw for me so i actually contact Karol what go where (we also figured out that 6FU go on 50mm )
how are the casts - a minor mold lines easy to remove .. Nuck and Aurelious got almost clean Anansi something Minor
gluing - easy - nucke - just hands and no pining required, Aurelius - none he is one peace , Anansi - an arm easy and no pin need
Details cast - Sharp
issues - Aurelious got a smoke coming out of the vial - and i instantenously broke it in the cleaning process (i just used steel wool - a bit over kill :P) so watch out to not grab by the fumes or not twist it :P (used "normaly " they should not broke off )

ye i know Anansi - well looks better painted then un painted - but i will stay with Harrier (undead Streaper :P) - just some details bothers me with Ananse (but ye it is easy to paint ) and i was going for spider webs on a base but this is game peace and such details areactualy bad on gaming peaces - they just don't hold the pressure

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:11 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
Great job on the new Villain starter set Supremes. :)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:05 am
ok heros Starter
what i can say -
gluing - none - they are 1 peace each so just put them on bases
details - best on Ace , a bit less sharp on Tekna arms (but this may be my cast i get )
all easy to paint and nice - "most complicated" - ACE but no were near Infinity minis (in terms of detais and crazy casting in 8 peaces )
most mold lines - Tekna on arms - less of them Wildman and Ace '
Best mini in the box ..... NONE - they are equal - non of them is bad and none of them stands out with Awesomnes over others - Tho Wildman un painted look worst of them - so paint your Wildmans - they get +10 no coolnes XD

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:34 pm
User avatarImmortalPosts: 1161Location: Montreal, CanadaJoined: Tue May 12, 2009 4:23 am
As always, your stuff looks great! It's making me that much more excited to try my hand at them myself.

And as you noted, no one's every really explained the Loup Garou II vs III marking. I kinda assumed that he and Rook went out for tattoos, while drunk one night, and neither of them noticed that the tattoo artist got it wrong. Still, it could have been worse, I suspect that Rook now has a butterfly tattoo over his whole chest. I'm sure Leon can confirm if I'm right...

Again though, fantastic job on those!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:53 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
Maru great work as always.

I cannot comment on Rook's Butterfly tattoo. Although if you really want to see an angry villain ask Francis Gator about his trap stamp :D

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:58 pm
cardboardvampire wrote:
As always, your stuff looks great! It's making me that much more excited to try my hand at them myself.

And as you noted, no one's every really explained the Loup Garou II vs III marking. I kinda assumed that he and Rook went out for tattoos, while drunk one night, and neither of them noticed that the tattoo artist got it wrong. Still, it could have been worse, I suspect that Rook now has a butterfly tattoo over his whole chest. I'm sure Leon can confirm if I'm right...

Again though, fantastic job on those!

that remind me of this XD
http://youtu.be/8IOyMAb1PhM?t=6m6s

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:30 pm
User avatarSidekickPosts: 97Location: Brunswick, MaineJoined: Tue May 19, 2009 6:41 pm
I just picked up the new Starter boxes this weekend while at TempleCon. I'm looking forward to painting them up.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:51 pm
a hero or Vilians ?
how do you like final product ? -i haven't c final version only Wips :)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:20 am
MortalPosts: 39Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:13 am
Lots of great paint work in this thread. I especially like how you do the source lighting and glowing effects. I've never had much luck doing nice glows like you have on Hoodoo and her wolf.

The new starter sets I have to say are not the best Pulp City minis. That doesn't mean that I think they're bad...not at all. I quite like Tekna and Aurelius. I am really lukewarm on Wildman and Nuke. Wildman, as you've proven, can look amazing once painted but the sculpted poses on both of them are rather bland. That said however, the range has some excellent figures in it and you paint them up beautifully.

I'm looking forward to seeing more of your work.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:52 am
ok im not dead .. but i was caind of on the way .. but looks like im not :D
so im back and i got huge up date ..... but as long as i dont get green light to post this well i may show only other things
so at last i made lup Garopu 2 or 3 ?? dunno scars form III instade of II
och well
and a some wips of other works

and a sneek peek .... hope i dont get baned for this ...

@obsidian3d
well starters are starters they consist of special selected minis - they have to be ready to play as fast as possible same go for painting - this leads to some limitacions in poses - you want as little parts as possible a and as easy to assemble as it gets - so thats why Wildman is in this pose - no gluing required same go to others old Ace is like 8 parts new - none - plug it in the base and get in to game
i recently got to work on Infinity sets entry level - operation Ice storm - minis inside are consisting of way less parts then other "normal sets" - but they are multi partial (usualy 3 parts .. to CB tendences to set minis in 4 ~5 parts recently ) and they was unable to cast them perfectly so work with GS was reqired on varous models - so in case of PC starters there is no way to get this issue but this leads to limitacions ;)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:31 pm
Loup Garou II looks fantastic - kudos. :)

Looking forward to seeing TINY!