<  Hobby Section  ~  Leon's minis; NEW Chernobog, Cro Mag, Phalanx P. 27

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:28 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
Invader Larb wrote:
Nice job!

Thanks. :)

Quote:
I'm in the middle of some heavy conversions to my Boreas. hopefully I'll be able to do some painting this weekend

I look forwards to seeing your Boreas, IL.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:04 pm
User avatarMortalPosts: 18Location: CanadaJoined: Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:05 am
Trail looks sharp you pulled out the detailing in his face well. As well i like your take on Red Riding Hoodoo. Blood Rose looks sweet you have pulled out the roses on her well. Father Oak looks sweet. I am hoping to get that model soon. If my local shop gets my order in. I might have to steal the look.Borease looks great. I like how the color scheme of the model. And i like the red armor on Nuke.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:01 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
bythtron wrote:
Trail looks sharp you pulled out the detailing in his face well. As well i like your take on Red Riding Hoodoo. Blood Rose looks sweet you have pulled out the roses on her well. Father Oak looks sweet. I am hoping to get that model soon. If my local shop gets my order in. I might have to steal the look.Borease looks great. I like how the color scheme of the model. And i like the red armor on Nuke.

Thanks for the positive comments, and welcome to the board. :)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 3:50 am
User avatarMortalPosts: 18Location: CanadaJoined: Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:05 am
Thanks great place i need to read more about the game *L*

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:25 am
Some recently retaken images, to hopefully show my photography is getting better.

Nuke:

Mourn:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:16 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 725Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:25 pm
looking good Leon! Maybe your Mourn would like a couple of smooth dark washes to give depth and soften transitions, but otherwise these guys will look fine on a table!

Seabolt 12%
Dr Tenebrous 100%
C.O.R.E. 100%

Pulp City collection (84,21% painted):
32* Supremes out of 38**
*incl. alt. Gentleman
**incl. Herald
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:38 pm
Okay latest update, Xenobi - the cute little mutant...thing!

I may touch him up a bit further, but the first mini I have finished this year.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:41 pm
My side-project to run in tandem with my plan to paint everything I can from the Pulp City range this year: Sgt. Bale Extreme!

It will be a conversion that I will (hopefully) build over the next few weeks. I'll post pictures as various stages are done. Inspiration for this concept is partly from our own Invader Larb - so take a bow.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:18 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 937Location: Burlington, Vermont, USAJoined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:55 pm
Nice Xenobi. I can't wait to paint mine.

That is a mighty fine gun for Sgt. Bale. I'm sure he'll appreciate the heavier firepower. Are those other bits fire accessories from Wyrd? what is the rest of your plan?

"Why did you draw that?" - Invader Larb at The Great Assigning for Operation Impending Doom II
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:22 pm
Invader Larb wrote:
Nice Xenobi. I can't wait to paint mine.

Thanks. :D
I look forward to seeing more of the little critter painted up - I don't think I have seen many yet.

Quote:
That is a mighty fine gun for Sgt. Bale. I'm sure he'll appreciate the heavier firepower. Are those other bits fire accessories from Wyrd? what is the rest of your plan?

The gun looks a bit like an M4 carbine, so is ahead of time in 80's Pulp City, but I can overlook that and just put it down to a Quantum Hole event or somesuch. :D Nonetheless - thanks for the inspiration Invader Larb.

The flame bits are Wyrd; the base will have one extra flame piece and I am replacing the head with the flaming skull! All the flame bits are from the 'Flame Base & Accessories' pack. The gun is from RAFM's USX Modern range.

I am assembling in between posting and reading. :D

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:52 pm
Nice plan, I do wonder though, how a single man is able to fire this baby with 1 hand. Oh, my bad. He is a comic book hero. If I can give you some advice, try and reposition his left arm in a more natural way, cuz seriously, it does look strange.

Seabolt 12%
Dr Tenebrous 100%
C.O.R.E. 100%

32* Supremes out of 38**
*incl. alt. Gentleman
**incl. Herald
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:55 pm
John S. wrote:
Nice plan, I do wonder though, how a single man is able to fire this baby with 1 hand. Oh, my bad. He is a comic book hero. If I can give you some advice, try and reposition his left arm in a more natural way, cuz seriously, it does look strange.

Too late - the figure has been glued to the base (with gun attached to figure). I am going to use the following defense:

Well, it is a carbine... :P

Just the leg and extra flame piece to glue on then green-stuff gap filling next. :)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:10 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 937Location: Burlington, Vermont, USAJoined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:55 pm
You're replacing his head with the flaming skull? That is going to be one angry-looking Bale!

"Why did you draw that?" - Invader Larb at The Great Assigning for Operation Impending Doom II
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:20 pm
Invader Larb wrote:
You're replacing his head with the flaming skull? That is going to be one angry-looking Bale!

I hope so. :twisted:

I am calling him Sgt. Bale Extreme after all... 8)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:23 am
you can still bend the arm at the elbow joint, it's what I did and I'm pretty happy with the look.

Seabolt 12%
Dr Tenebrous 100%
C.O.R.E. 100%

32* Supremes out of 38**
*incl. alt. Gentleman
**incl. Herald
Offline Profile