<  Hobby Section  ~  Leon's minis; NEW Chernobog, Cro Mag, Phalanx P. 27

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:56 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
John S. wrote:
you can still bend the arm at the elbow joint, it's what I did and I'm pretty happy with the look.

If his arm were forward facing it would be more likely a straight arm so the elbow bend wouldn't quite work for me.

I'll try and photograph SGT BALE EXTREME!!! (caps and exclamation points for comedy effect! :P ) today.

Last edited by pulpcitizen on Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:50 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 725Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:25 pm
leonmallett wrote:
John S. wrote:
you can still bend the arm at the elbow joint, it's what I did and I'm pretty happy with the look.

If his arm were forward facing it woul be more likely a straight atrm so the elbow bend wouldn't quite work for me.

Well, try and run holding a 20 pounds gun with your (left) arm extended straight in the shoulder axis. I've tried it at the gym, and just without running, I didn't last long. I confess I'm probably far from having Bale's mind blowing power, but still...

Seabolt 12%
Dr Tenebrous 100%
C.O.R.E. 100%

Pulp City collection (84,21% painted):
32* Supremes out of 38**
*incl. alt. Gentleman
**incl. Herald
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:36 pm
User avatarMortalPosts: 35Location: Skierniewice, PolandJoined: Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:48 pm
Well, Bale has his :STR trumped, so if he want to shoot this, ahem, carbine one-handed, go ahead :)

(Hey, John, they provide guns in your gym? Can I join too? :D )

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:17 am
Shalashaska wrote:
Well, Bale has his :STR trumped, so if he want to shoot this, ahem, carbine one-handed, go ahead :)

As a matter of fact I believe they do have a shooting range somewhere in the building...

Seabolt 12%
Dr Tenebrous 100%
C.O.R.E. 100%

32* Supremes out of 38**
*incl. alt. Gentleman
**incl. Herald
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:58 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
John S. wrote:
Shalashaska wrote:

As a matter of fact I believe they do have a shooting range somewhere in the building...

Holy Moley! :shock:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:24 pm
Shalashaska wrote:
Well, Bale has his :STR trumped, so if he want to shoot this, ahem, carbine one-handed, go ahead :)...

Here we go!

Sgt. Bale Extreme!:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:29 pm
Howler (finished yesterday) and a rephotgraphed Sister Bedlam (image included to contrast with my early photography).

Howler:

Sister Bedlam:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:09 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 937Location: Burlington, Vermont, USAJoined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:55 pm
Your Bale conversion looks pretty good. The head fits well for a Ghost Rider with machine gun look.

I look forward to seeing it painted.

"Why did you draw that?" - Invader Larb at The Great Assigning for Operation Impending Doom II
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:49 pm
Invader Larb wrote:
Your Bale conversion looks pretty good. The head fits well for a Ghost Rider with machine gun look.

Thanks. :)

I plan on photographing it at various stages, but I don't know when it will get to the head of the painting queue.

When I say queue it sounds more organised than I truly am - I paint what I feel motivated for, so things happen....randomly....on that front, to say the least... :?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:51 am
leonmallett wrote:
Invader Larb wrote:

Thanks. :)

I plan on photographing it at various stages, but I don't know when it will get to the head of the painting queue.

When I say queue it sounds more organised than I truly am - I paint what I feel motivated for, so things happen....randomly....on that front, to say the least... :?

It does look good, though I won't say no more about his arm. I like your take on howler and sis, very smooth, looks nice^^

Seabolt 12%
Dr Tenebrous 100%
C.O.R.E. 100%

32* Supremes out of 38**
*incl. alt. Gentleman
**incl. Herald
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:34 pm
User avatarMortalPosts: 35Location: Skierniewice, PolandJoined: Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:48 pm
Agree with Larb - machine gun wielding Ghost Rider (who'd feel like home among Blood Watch :) ) Waiting to see him painted.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:00 pm
My latest completed mini. Ace of Wraiths has taken months from start to finish, mainly of sitting on the shelf with little being done. I have mixed feelings about the end result, but included is my first OSL attempt.

Ace of Wraiths:

Also I rephotographed Solar after a bit of touch up recently.

Solar

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:46 pm
cool job! Damn, I have to get back to the work bench and get stuff painted!

Seabolt 12%
Dr Tenebrous 100%
C.O.R.E. 100%

32* Supremes out of 38**
*incl. alt. Gentleman
**incl. Herald
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:59 pm
Finished last week, before my camera decided to stop working. I managed to rescue the pictures through a USB SD-memory card reader.

Six Feet Under:

Tangent:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:19 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 937Location: Burlington, Vermont, USAJoined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:55 pm
Nice job Leon. i like the basing on Ace very much. The sculls are a nice touch.

Your Six Feet Under is pretty menacing. The extra time you took on the details really shows. Tangent turned out well too, especially her pants.

"Why did you draw that?" - Invader Larb at The Great Assigning for Operation Impending Doom II
Offline Profile