<  Hobby Section  ~  Lando's Supremes

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:25 am
User avatarMortalPosts: 40Location: Boston, MAJoined: Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:55 am
Finally got around to purchasing a (crappy) camera and taking pictures of some of the supremes I've painted. Comments and questions welcome, as I am always trying to improve my painting (and no my minis photographing as well). Without further ado, I give you
Mourn:

Solar:

More to come as I have time to photograph etc.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:17 am
User avatarHeraldPosts: 725Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:25 pm
nice!

Seabolt 12%
Dr Tenebrous 100%
C.O.R.E. 100%

Pulp City collection (84,21% painted):
32* Supremes out of 38**
*incl. alt. Gentleman
**incl. Herald
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:04 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
Welcome to the Hobby Section, Lando! :D

I really like Mourn - a lot of thought seems to have gone into that one, from the skull base (great idea which I may...<ahem>...borrow...) to the colour choice which lends a spectral quality to my eye. Thanks for showing them to us. :D

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:02 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 937Location: Burlington, Vermont, USAJoined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:55 pm
Thanks for sharing Lando. Your Solar is very nice, and the basing on Miourn is very cool. Keep up the good work and post more when you have the chance.

"Why did you draw that?" - Invader Larb at The Great Assigning for Operation Impending Doom II
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:28 pm
User avatarMortalPosts: 35Location: Skierniewice, PolandJoined: Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:48 pm
Veru nice Mourn indeed - skull base is very in character to the mini and looks great :) (thumb up, I really need a thumb up icon :D )

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:26 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
I agree with everyone else. Great looking models and the skull base is perfect. I can't give you the thumbs up so will do this the Pulp City way :STR

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:45 am
User avatarMortalPosts: 40Location: Boston, MAJoined: Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:55 am
A new shots -- Rook this time. I think the highlighting, while popping, is a little simplistically placed and could probably use more gradation. Would love to hear people's opinions on the painting.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:59 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
The blue really suits Rook - nicely done. :D

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:41 am
SidekickPosts: 66Location: The spaces betwix the starsJoined: Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:40 am
Love the base you did for Rook, looks great :D

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:04 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 937Location: Burlington, Vermont, USAJoined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:55 pm
I think the highlighting works, actually. His armor has sharp edges which lends itself to more severe highlights.

The torn up street base turned out very well. Nice job.

"Why did you draw that?" - Invader Larb at The Great Assigning for Operation Impending Doom II
Offline Profile