<  Hobby Section  ~  undead_jon gets his act together - *NEW - 30/06/2014 p6*

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:16 pm
User avatarDefender of the NeighborhoodPosts: 147Location: Enfield, North-London, UKJoined: Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:24 am
Finally I can start to post in here as I have now begun to put paint-to-pewter, still not got anything 100% finished, but it's all shaping up well so far.

Apology's for the slightly 60s Batmanesque angles on the first & last pics.

First up we have The Gentleman:
Just needs a small mount of black lining and then a couple of coats of varnish and then he's done.

This is my first attempt at doing a Latino flesh colour, I think it came out pretty well (though the pic's a little too light to see it properly). Nothing else too drastic in the colour scheme.

Next is Rook:
No prizes for guessing where my inspiration for the colour scheme came from :D Still need to highlight the metallics & hair before I move onto the base. He's so shiny because I've used Tamiya Clear Red as a wash to make the red of the armour really pop.

And finally for now we have Howler:
After a few Google image searches for Howler monkeys & Cobra movie stills I decided on this scheme which I think works well, I'm a fan of light & dark contrasting like this. I still need to get the glasses, gun & belts painted & the flesh highlighted before I start the base.

Base inserts are all from Fenris Games.

I've really enjoyed painting these 3 guys and I have a lot more ready to go, so hopefully this will be the first of many updates over the next few months as I get my PC habit up and running properly.

Should have proper pics of them as soon as they're finished.

C&C welcome.

J

Last edited by undead_jon on Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:08 pm, edited 12 times in total.

My Painting Blog / My Pulp City Downloads
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:21 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4525Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
Glad to see you posting your Supremes, Jon. :D

I really like the Gentleman colour scheme, and the skin tones on both Gentleman and Rook look really nice.

The Iron Man-esque Rook is a great idea (as I mentioned in comment to your blog post), well done on the choice and the execution. I may adapt your idea to something else I have in mind.

Looking forward to seeing Holwer finished; the white fur makes for a great contrast.

Good work all round, and some great colour decisions. I look forwards to seeing more. :D

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:46 am
User avatarHeraldPosts: 725Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:25 pm
I looooove Howler's electric blue disco pants! It's just too good :D

Seabolt 12%
Dr Tenebrous 100%
C.O.R.E. 100%

Pulp City collection (84,21% painted):
32* Supremes out of 38**
*incl. alt. Gentleman
**incl. Herald
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:00 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 937Location: Burlington, Vermont, USAJoined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:55 pm
Nice work Jon. Your blacklining is very nicely done. Keep up the good work!

"Why did you draw that?" - Invader Larb at The Great Assigning for Operation Impending Doom II
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:34 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 51Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:32 am
That Rook is amazing, great job man.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:19 am
SidekickPosts: 66Location: The spaces betwix the starsJoined: Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:40 am
Really like the Iron Man Rook paint scheme.

Your Gentleman is also very nice

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:16 am
User avatarHeraldPosts: 472Location: Akron, OHJoined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:03 pm
Rook looks a little glossy, but that is probably the light. I DO like that color scheme on him much better than the purple and blues!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:11 pm
User avatarDefender of the NeighborhoodPosts: 147Location: Enfield, North-London, UKJoined: Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:24 am
Thanks guys, unfortunatly didn't get any painting time last weekend but hopefully this week should allow me some time to finish these off.

BountyhunterQ - the glossyness is down to the camera flash and Tamiya Clear Red wash I used, it will be sorted out by the varnish when it's done.

John S. - Cann't guarentee the disco pants are going to stay quite that colour when he's finished, but I'm glad you like them :)

J

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:57 pm
undead_jon wrote:

John S. - Cann't guarentee the disco pants are going to stay quite that colour when he's finished, but I'm glad you like them :)

J

Wha-aht?!

Well, actually it's ok, change it, I'll steal the idea :D

Seabolt 12%
Dr Tenebrous 100%
C.O.R.E. 100%

32* Supremes out of 38**
*incl. alt. Gentleman
**incl. Herald
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:07 pm
Well, after a couple of months dealing with a serious case of Painter's Block I have finally rediscovered my muse, and it's name is Pulp City :)

I've finished these guys off this week & wanted to share, in order of completion we have:

The Gentleman

Rook (now with less shine;))

Chimp Chi

Nuke (my favourite of the lot, really got the muse back when I was painting him, picture doesn't quite show the Verdigris I put on the armour up as well as I'd like, so you'll have to take my word for it that it's there)

Hope you like, C&C always welcome.

J

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:39 pm
Very nice... makes me wanna repaint my nuke...

Seabolt 12%
Dr Tenebrous 100%
C.O.R.E. 100%

32* Supremes out of 38**
*incl. alt. Gentleman
**incl. Herald
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:37 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 937Location: Burlington, Vermont, USAJoined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:55 pm
Terrific work!

Again, that is one of the finer Gentlemen I've seen. Nuke looks very good. You gave him e some sweet basing.

"Why did you draw that?" - Invader Larb at The Great Assigning for Operation Impending Doom II
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:27 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4525Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
Glad to see you past your painters block, Jon. :D

they all turned out great - but I like Rook the most; great work all around - kudos. :D

Thanks for sharing the fruits of your reignited labours.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:22 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
I love 'em all Jon. I give you credit for pulling off a very nice clean white on your Gentleman; I think he looks great! Rook looks good in a Tony Stark kinda way. Though you did a good job on his face. I can't paint faces for anything. I try but alas I can't do it. Thanks for sharing. Can't wait to see what else you come up with!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:12 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 1461Location: Zen StudiosJoined: Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:43 pm
Really nice work, I must admit I've fallen a bit behind this last week or so (my hands have been bad).

Keep it Up!

Never Bother Questioning Authority, They Don't Know Either . . .

"Damned if you Do, Damned if you don't"
Offline Profile WWW