<  Hobby Section  ~  undead_jon gets his act together - *NEW - 30/06/2014 p6*

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:39 pm
User avatarHeroPosts: 202Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:48 am
o a new photos :)
that is caled cleen work with Black linking
as the "normal paint" goos wel that metacic .. not exacly .. you get totalt dirty effect o them ..
so metal parts woud get a litle bit of adicional work .. to make em look good :)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:26 pm
Defender of the NeighborhoodPosts: 107Location: GermanyJoined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:36 pm
Really very nice! I like the colours of Chimp Chi!
All bases are really amazing

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 3:07 pm
User avatarDefender of the NeighborhoodPosts: 148Location: Enfield, North-London, UKJoined: Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:24 am
So that week or so didn't quite go as planned. Sorry I haven't posted since the update, RL got a little distracting and kept me away.

Thanks for kind words, it's all much appreciated.

Invader Larb/Trokar - Bases are resin inserts from Fenris Games, really nice to paint up.

Right now on to the new stuff:

Frances Gator

Originally tried to do a checked shirt on him, but that went horribly wrong, so ended up with what you see here. Not really happy with the little lizard on his leg either, might go back and try a different wash/highlight combo as it's a little too flat colour-wise at the moment I think.

and finally for today, Howler:

As I mentioned in the WIP pic I've gone for a straight-up Cobra homage on the clothing and I really like the way he's come out. Highlighting on the shirt's a little more subtle IRL than in the pic.

John S. - Sorry the shiny disco pants had to make way for a slightly more denim look I'm afraid ;)

C&C welcome

J

My Painting Blog / My Pulp City Downloads
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 3:11 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 1461Location: Zen StudiosJoined: Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:43 pm
YOU BASTARD LOL!

I didn't really like the Francis Gator Mini, but thats the best paintjob I've seen on him to date!

I want one now!

Never Bother Questioning Authority, They Don't Know Either . . .

"Damned if you Do, Damned if you don't"
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 8:26 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 937Location: Burlington, Vermont, USAJoined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:55 pm
Very nice work. Your Francis Gator is great and the Cobra theme is funny for Howler.

"Why did you draw that?" - Invader Larb at The Great Assigning for Operation Impending Doom II
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 10:06 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
More great minis Jon; it is great to see Howler finally finished. Kudos, and cheers for sharing mate. :D

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:32 pm
User avatarDefender of the NeighborhoodPosts: 148Location: Enfield, North-London, UKJoined: Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:24 am
After getting sidetracked with a couple of things I decided I really wanted to paint up Solar.

I got the inspiration from seeing the cover art for Mark Millar's new comic, Nemesis. I really liked the idea of a pure white outfit, but thought it was a little too 1-note for a mini, and after seeing some Nemesis images where he had blood on his face I decided to go with a red cape as you can see above.

I really like how he came out, although as you can see, the varnish has crazed a little on the back of the cape I actually think it doesn't spoil the paint job, (it's not as obvious IRL), and it gives it a slightly more clothy feel in places so I think I'll keep it.

Only the second time I've ever seriously tried freehand painting as I've done on the back of the cape, which is why I kept it to simply copying the symbol on his chest. I'm really happy with how it turned out and I'm very happy with how the red has come out.

All in all he was a real blast to paint.

C&C always welcome.

J

Last edited by undead_jon on Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:50 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 1461Location: Zen StudiosJoined: Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:43 pm
Thats brilliant mate, I'm going to have to pinch your cape idea ;)

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:00 pm
User avatarHeroPosts: 202Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:48 am
This nemessis fella .. well a Snow cower OP hero :)
you get ther 1 of the hardest thing to paint - White (other is black)
the trick with thous collors is - "when painting White/ black - dont use thous colors"

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:39 pm
Right, after a brief diversion to sort out a D&D campaign I'm running I'm back to my Pulp City mini's.

So without further ado I give you my 3 latest offerings, finished today.

First up is June Summers:

Got to say the legs took a little prep work as the casting had left them somewhat out of shape, but thankfully the resin let me deal with it with just my trusty files and I'm really happy with the way she turned out.

Next is Jade Hawk:

I had to get her painted as soon as she turned up and she was an absolute joy to paint, one of those models where every idea you have seems to work just right. I hope Matt would have liked my rendition of her.

And finally Ace of Wraiths:

I decided to give him the trappings of an ACW Union cavalry sergeant as I felt it fit quite nicely with him and I think gives a nice visual clue as to his past, also, I tried to do a small version of the Hangman card in his hand, I think I kind of got it. Again, I'm very happy with how he looks.

I hope you all like. As always C&C is welcome.

J

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:23 pm
SU-F***ING-PERB!

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:08 am
MortalPosts: 23Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:09 pm
Love your take on ace, it really union army feel. reminds of the civil war

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:51 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
Fantastic stuff Jon! Love the Ace, Jade Hawk is first rate and June looks amazing as well. Gotta agree though that Ace is really nice.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:57 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
Great to see your newest minis Jon; all 3 are excellent with crisp clean painting and colour choices - great stuff, mate. :)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:32 am
Thanks for the comments guy's glad you like them.

backfromthedead wrote:
Love your take on ace, it really union army feel. reminds of the civil war

Wow, how old are you if you can remember that far...or are you Ace himself?!?!? :) glad you like.

J

Offline Profile WWW