<  Hobby Section  ~  undead_jon gets his act together - *NEW - 30/06/2014 p6*

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:30 am
User avatarPulp City IconPosts: 1819Location: Cornwall, UKJoined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:22 pm
Some stunning looking minis in here undead_jon. Very impressive

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:33 am
User avatarDefender of the NeighborhoodPosts: 139Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:06 am
great stuff, and i would like to plus 1 to the spawn mask love. :D

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:35 pm
User avatarDefender of the NeighborhoodPosts: 148Location: Enfield, North-London, UKJoined: Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:24 am
Glad you guys like them.

pulpcitizen/loudo: Must admit I'd origionally wanted to make it more like Grendel, but the goggles made it a bit tricky to get right, plus I liked her look on p.100 of the rulebook so I went for it.

J

My Painting Blog / My Pulp City Downloads
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:09 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
undead_jon wrote:
Glad you guys like them.

pulpcitizen/loudo: Must admit I'd origionally wanted to make it more like Grendel, but the goggles made it a bit tricky to get right, plus I liked her look on p.100 of the rulebook so I went for it.

J

Oooh - I totally see the Grendel reference as soon as I read your post. Kudos. Sorry i I didn't see it sooner. :)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:24 pm
User avatarImmortalPosts: 1161Location: Montreal, CanadaJoined: Tue May 12, 2009 4:23 am
:) Nice to see this updated again! Stunning work as always. While I definitely like your cool take on Twilight (Hmm... we should give her a rule that makes her sparkle during daytime games), your trail just looks fantastic! Such clean lines!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:54 am
User avatarDefender of the NeighborhoodPosts: 148Location: Enfield, North-London, UKJoined: Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:24 am
Wow, hadn't realised it had been so long since I posted last, time to make up for I think.

So with my anticipation going into overload waiting for the Supreme Edition Open Beta I've got a few more minis done for your perusal, Loup Garou II, Stinger & Stormblades, hope you like.

Loup Garou II is a model I've wanted since the origional rulebook came out as I loved the artwork so much, as such I've kept the model's look as close to the book as possible, really like him a lot, (the angle of the pic hides a lot of the white tattoos/warpaint or makes them look a little odd, IRL it looks better).

For my Ulthar I wanted a cohesive colour scheme and as I painted Stinger first I'm going to do all of them green/yellow, really like how they both came out though Stormblades skin caused me a few issues.

Anyway, C&C always welcome, more on the way soon.

J

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:50 pm
User avatarImmortalPosts: 1161Location: Montreal, CanadaJoined: Tue May 12, 2009 4:23 am
The green and yellow definitely get some attention and work very nicely with the skin tone.

Actually, regarding the skin tone, mind if I ask how you pulled it off? I really like that blue!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:54 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
Nice one Jon! Those Ulthar are crisp and clean, very nice. Loup Garou is looking sharp as well.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:18 am
User avatarPulp City IconPosts: 1819Location: Cornwall, UKJoined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:22 pm
Looking great!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:20 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
Loving those Jon! :)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:03 am
Thank you guy's, I'm glad you like them.

cardboardvampire wrote:
Actually, regarding the skin tone, mind if I ask how you pulled it off? I really like that blue!

The skin was done using GW paints (from before the latest relaunch so I'm not sure what the new names are but there's a conversion chart out there somewhere).

Base = Hawk Turquoise.
    Wash = 1:1 Thrakka Green Ink/Asurmen Blue
    Redo base colour leaving wash in recesses
    Highlight = Hawk Turquoise/Space Wolf Grey
    Repeat highlight adding increments of SWG

The highlight mix I tend to do by eye rather than have a specific ratio, if it looks too much or a little chalky on the model I use the inks I made the wash with and thin to a glaze then go back over highlight once it's dried.

Hope that helps.

J

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:38 pm
Very useful info, since I'm going to be trying a similar blue soon.

Thanks!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:16 pm
User avatarHeroPosts: 360Location: Crawley, UKJoined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:18 pm
more great minis! :)

http://masheduppotato.blogspot.com/ my attempt to bring order to my chaos.....
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:42 pm
Well, I'll say on thing for the Supreme Edition, it's certainly got my creative juices flowing as far as my minis are concerned. I've dropped a fair bit of cash at the Pulp City store and have been painting like crazy (having two broken toes has meant I haven't been able to leave the house much either which has increased my painting time too).

So the upshot is I have a bunch of new minis painted, including some tokens and minions, to show off, I hope you like:

I think Bloodrose and Hellsmith are my favourites of the batch, Bloodrose in-particular was a lot of fun to paint and has gone from a pretty Meh! model when I first saw it to one of my favourites of the range, just thoroughly enjoyed the process, so-much-so I painted every fold rather than drybrush them as I didn't think it would look as good.

Hellsmith has inherited Apebot's old base as I've re-based AB on a nice new 50mm base from Dragonforge:

I've also finished some Explosive Markers for Dr. Red using some plastic tubing, wire, greenstuff and small squares of Foamed PVC:

And I've also finished my Pixels/Megapixel minions that I started a couple of years ago:

They're a little bigger than perhaps ideal but as I was cutting them out of Foamed PVC any smaller and I'd never have got them cut out properly so I'm pretty happy with them.

Anyway, I hope you like them, C&C always welcome.

J

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:46 pm
Great stuff as ever Jon; great to see you painting and posting again. :)

Hopefully the creative momentum will continue and some gaming momentum will follow (broken toes permitting!).

Love Hellsmith, Vector and Moonchild/Moon Coyote most of all. :)