<  Hobby Section  ~  undead_jon gets his act together - *NEW - 30/06/2014 p6*

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:19 pm
User avatarHeroPosts: 152Location: Peterborough, ONJoined: Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:23 pm
Those look fantastic. On a sidenote does anyone know who made those pixels and if they are still available?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:46 pm
User avatarImmortalPosts: 1161Location: Montreal, CanadaJoined: Tue May 12, 2009 4:23 am
Yet another impressive batch...

For me, the highlight is your silverager. His fur is fantastic, it just jumps out of the pic. I'm also rather impressed by the explosive counters, they were a good idea!

Hope the toes heal quick!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:24 am
User avatarDefender of the NeighborhoodPosts: 147Location: Enfield, North-London, UKJoined: Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:24 am
Thanks guys.

@Leon - more are definitely on the way.

@smokingmonkee - I cut my guys out of Foamed PVC, I believe the ones you're thinking of were Hendybadger's, he got them custom made by Fenris Games IIRC.

@cardboardvampire - thankyou sir, I do really like Silverager as well, the fur thing is something I'm a little obsessed with, you can't see it too clearly in the pic but Moon Coyote is also painted in a similar fashion.

J

My Painting Blog / My Pulp City Downloads
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:07 pm
User avatarPulp City IconPosts: 1819Location: Cornwall, UKJoined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:22 pm
Awesome work as ususal jon. Inspiring stuff.

I did get my Pixels form Fenris. I think he still has the file if anybody else wants some as well.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:35 pm
User avatarHeroPosts: 360Location: Crawley, UKJoined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:18 pm
Awesome!

Loving Silverager and Vector's pixels :)

http://masheduppotato.blogspot.com/ my attempt to bring order to my chaos.....
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:48 pm
User avatarDefender of the NeighborhoodPosts: 147Location: Enfield, North-London, UKJoined: Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:24 am
A new batch, I hope you like:

Le Multiple are great little models, a pain in the @r$e to paint but they came out well in the end though.

Sanguine took me a while to get right, I tried for the colour scheme in the book, but I couldn't get it to work and then I realised that his top reminded me of the uniforms in Battlestar Galactica (the classic 1970's series, not the lackluster reboot from a few years back), and my problems were solved.

I probably like Shadowmask and Mourn the best of this bunch. Shadowmask came out just how I had him in mind when I started painting him.

Mourn took a couple of rethinks during the painting process before I found the colour scheme that worked for me and I think he's come out well.

C&C always welcome.

I've got a few more PC mini's on the go, but I'm focusing on some commission work at the moment so it'll be a bit of a wait before they're done.

J

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:07 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4525Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
More great work Jon; nice and crisp and clean. Great stuff. :)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:22 am
Defender of the NeighborhoodPosts: 107Location: GermanyJoined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:36 pm
Very nice!
I like the colours on Mourn!

Great work!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:13 pm
User avatarImmortalPosts: 1161Location: Montreal, CanadaJoined: Tue May 12, 2009 4:23 am
I always love your updates!

They all look great, but I particularly like your Mourn and Shadow Mask ( I love the green on Shadow mask and the colour of Mourn's body). Your Sanguine is quite distinct too. I woulnd't have chosen that yellow personally, but I have to admit it works!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:03 am
Defender of the NeighborhoodPosts: 107Location: GermanyJoined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:36 pm
Ireally like your pixels. How did you made it?
What kind of material did you use (wood, polystyrene)?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:47 am
cardboardvampire wrote:
Your Sanguine is quite distinct too. I woulnd't have chosen that yellow personally, but I have to admit it works!

As I said, it wasn't my original plan, but when the image of the '70s Batllestar Galactica uniforms got in my head it wouldn't go away until I'd done it. I'm still not sure about the green strapping on the legs, that may change to white or some-such at a later date, but for now he's happily ensconced in my PC case.

Trokar wrote:
Ireally like your pixels. How did you made it?
What kind of material did you use (wood, polystyrene)?

I used Foamed-PVC bought from here, either 2mm or 3mm I can't remember. It's the plastic version of Foamcore card and cuts really easily so long as you use a sharp blade.

I made a template for each pixel using squared paper to then stuck them onto the Faomed-PVC and cut out using an exacto knife and a scalpel for the fiddly bits.

Hope that helps.

J

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:18 am
User avatarMortalPosts: 3Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada, ehJoined: Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:41 am
Cool minis, I like the badger (?) ones very much.

I haven't ever seen the plastic foamcore here in Canada, only the paper/thick paper version. I love this guy's website for working with foam core http://www.009.cd2.com/members/how_to/nouaillier_a.htm - go there and be amazed at what can be done!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:36 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
Holy Cow that's some cool stuff!

Nice find.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:22 pm
Back painting again after a weird year last year. One of the first mini's I painted up was my Sovereign figure, hope you like.

The colour scheme is pretty standard, but I have never been a fan of his gun so I swapped it out for a GW Dark Eldar blaster which I have always thought looked like a sci-fi flintlock pistol and seemed to be a good fit for him.

C&C always welcome.

J

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:04 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
Wow Jon! Really Love him. Might be my new favorite Sovereign.