<  Hobby Section  ~  Fineline's Dr. Red

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:09 pm
User avatarMortalPosts: 7Location: Burlington, VTJoined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:24 pm
Hey everyone,

So here is my first Pulp City model, I am really happy with the result. The base isn't finished yet, but I figured I would get him up here anyway to see what the community thinks.
Attachments:
IMG_5146.JPG
IMG_5146.JPG [ 99.97 KiB | Viewed 2808 times ]

IMG_5145.JPG
IMG_5145.JPG [ 83.87 KiB | Viewed 2808 times ]

IMG_5144.JPG
IMG_5144.JPG [ 89.56 KiB | Viewed 2808 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:46 am
User avatarHeroPosts: 263Location: Atlanta, GAJoined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:59 pm
He looks good, but I think the grays blend together a bit too much. The computer, his exposed (non-hairy) skin, and his coat are all fairly similar in color. I might try to distinguish them more by making some of them darker or lighter, or perhaps changing to a different colored coat.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:48 am
User avatarMortalPosts: 7Location: Burlington, VTJoined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:24 pm
dboeren wrote:
He looks good, but I think the grays blend together a bit too much. The computer, his exposed (non-hairy) skin, and his coat are all fairly similar in color. I might try to distinguish them more by making some of them darker or lighter, or perhaps changing to a different colored coat.

Thank you! They are three different colors actually, the camera did not do a good job (I am a horrible photographer) in catching it. You are right though, it could do with a different color. I have to let it go on this one, but I might paint another one very soon and re-do the coat in a red or dark umber. Thanks for the input.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:24 am
User avatarHeraldPosts: 937Location: Burlington, Vermont, USAJoined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:55 pm
Very clean and crisp. Excellent work, especially on the wires and computer details. I can't wait to see him in person.

"Why did you draw that?" - Invader Larb at The Great Assigning for Operation Impending Doom II
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:49 pm
Invader Larb wrote:
Very clean and crisp. Excellent work, especially on the wires and computer details. I can't wait to see him in person.

Thank you, I can't wait to get them on the table. I have to finish up the rest of my supremes, but the pics will go up here as I go along.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:01 pm
User avatarHeroPosts: 263Location: Atlanta, GAJoined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:59 pm
finelineminis wrote:
Thank you! They are three different colors actually, the camera did not do a good job (I am a horrible photographer) in catching it. You are right though, it could do with a different color. I have to let it go on this one, but I might paint another one very soon and re-do the coat in a red or dark umber. Thanks for the input.

Yeah, I know that problem, I'm not that good a mini photographer myself and the flash can wash out differences in shade. If it looks right in person then don't worry about it.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:45 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
Nicely done! :D

I am actually intimidated by the Dr. Red mini, which is why I haven't tackled it yet, so well done to you - and the end result is very nice in my view.

Thanks for sharing; I look forwards to seeing more.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:59 pm
leonmallett wrote:
Nicely done! :D

I am actually intimidated by the Dr. Red mini, which is why I haven't tackled it yet, so well done to you - and the end result is very nice in my view.

Thanks for sharing; I look forwards to seeing more.

Thank you! I will be posting more done as I get them finished. He was a bit difficult, but I figured that would be the worst of it if he was the hardest to do. Just break him down into steps and he is easy as pie.