<  Hobby Section  ~  Color Schemes

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 4:21 pm
User avatarMortalPosts: 35Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:39 pm
I wasn't sure the best location for this question, so I figured this was the best spot. This really is intended for the game developers, but I would like to hear other opinions.

Do you consider the way you present the mini in the main gallery and on the box art as THE color scheme for each hero/villain.

I know this is a hobby game, and everyone is intitled to do what they want with their miniature...but as a designer do you look at your artwork and say 'Solar's costume is supposed to be blue'. I say this in the same tone that Jerry Siegiel said Superman's costume is blue with red cap and boots.

Again I am just curious.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 4:54 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 937Location: Burlington, Vermont, USAJoined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:55 pm
If you see my Supremes thread you'll see I do not feel any need to abide by the studio sceheme for any particular model. Many of the studio scehmes look really good and make perfect sense though.

"Why did you draw that?" - Invader Larb at The Great Assigning for Operation Impending Doom II
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 6:00 pm
User avatarHeroPosts: 263Location: Atlanta, GAJoined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:59 pm
I'm not sure I would want to play a minis game that felt you were supposed to stick to one particular color scheme for a model/faction.

Actually, that might make a good Villain agenda - a plot to make games more boring by mandating official color schemes :) If you can infiltrate the game building and sneak your modified page into the rulebook before it goes to press you win!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 6:07 pm
User avatarMortalPosts: 35Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:39 pm
dboeren wrote:
I'm not sure I would want to play a minis game that felt you were supposed to stick to one particular color scheme for a model/faction.

Actually, that might make a good Villain agenda - a plot to make games more boring by mandating official color schemes :) If you can infiltrate the game building and sneak your modified page into the rulebook before it goes to press you win!

Hahaha, awesome! We shall call this thrilling agends 'The Color Scheme Scheme!'

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 6:56 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
NO NO Hell NO...

Cause then I'd be forced to stat up Rainbow Bright to defend the world from boring colors. And a little of my soul would die..

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 8:10 pm
User avatarSuper HeroPosts: 658Location: Spirit of Pulp CityJoined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:09 pm
dboeren wrote:

You know for some reason after reading this post I thought of getting another set of Supreme starters and painting them in way where the Hero set will look evil while the villain set will look good... hmmm.... a potential future project. :)

My Gaming Blog
http://miniaturemayhem.net/
My Activity Log: Nothing right now. House is still being renovated... :(
Offline Profile WWW