<  Hobby Section  ~  Ye Olde ARC

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 9:55 pm
HeroPosts: 209Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:39 pm
OK, I think I've got a plan for my ancient pulp heros team. I'm almost done with all the minis I need to bring to GenCon for Darkson stuff. And I'm almost done writing stuff for GenCon! Just a few more weeks (I hope). So my wife says it's OK if I buy more lead to paint :D

The plan is to do some models for a pulp game campaign fest at my LGS later this summer or early fall.

The background: The Gentleman is messing around in time and several heroes and villains are interacting with him in different periods. Let me know if some of these teams won't work that well or are very unfair. The hope is to do stuff as PC demos folded in with Darkson games. I'm trying to grow the popularity of both companies in the area :wink:

The ARC vs. the Coven in the Golden Age of Pirates:

Modeled as pirate/libertine revoutionaries from Barbary (circa 1700's) with ape masks. With the exception of Ape Bot, he'll be a big ape that cabin boy Virus controls with his portable harpiscord (music soothing the savage beast and all that).

The team: Guerilla, Virus, Ape Bot, Dr. Red, Howler

The Coven has aligned with some ancient allies to pursue their interests and steal massive amounts of ancient treasure. The rest of the points to balance any encounter level will be made up with pirate goons as minions.

The team: The Gentleman (he's the only model that will be consistent in each time period), Boreas, Sea Bolt.

Boreas will be a twisted sea spirit/ghost, Seabolt will be water elemental looking pirate figure. Still looking for a model I like.

Once those guys are done, I'll move onto Golden Age pulp figures in WWII to go with my AE-WWII figs, then far future heroes to go with AE-Bounty and finish the campaign up in "present day" Pulp City with the same ARC team vs. the same Coven team.

Comments are weolcome.

Cheers,

Chris

Sleeping - Actually, yes!
Working - Feverishly to appease the dark gods of the US federal govt, still. Sigh...
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 8:59 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
Great idea, conceptually. :)

Just bear in mind as laid out the anachronistic ARC will have 17 AP per round, their opponents just 12. Throwing more Minions at the Gentleman's team just won't bridge that gap.

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 3:48 pm
Good catch! I got carried away with the ARC pirates. The AP will have to be equal for the demos. Maybe the ARC should get a slight handicap bonus. Boreas is just nasty.

Working - Feverishly to appease the dark gods of the US federal govt, still. Sigh...
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 4:00 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
abbysdad wrote:
Good catch! I got carried away with the ARC pirates. The AP will have to be equal for the demos. Maybe the ARC should get a slight handicap bonus. Boreas is just nasty.

What about simply matching as setting-appropriate versions of other minis?

A Gator-man could fit well (maybe as a Shark-man instead); maybe a devilish blacksmith (complete with infernal hammer); what about a banshee-type (using mourn's rules)?

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 5:49 pm
Those are good ideas! The shark man and banshee ghost would work great.

What's the back story on the Forgotten like Hellsmith? Would he have been around in the same form back then? with Boreas and Seabolt, I can see where their abilities would be the same but their appearance (or hosts in the case of Boreas) would be different.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 6:12 pm
abbysdad wrote:
Those are good ideas! The shark man and banshee ghost would work great.

What's the back story on the Forgotten like Hellsmith? Would he have been around in the same form back then? with Boreas and Seabolt, I can see where their abilities would be the same but their appearance (or hosts in the case of Boreas) would be different.

Hellsmith was a guardian of the forge, the frustrated understudy to Hephaestus. His was awakened when hsi hammer turned up in the Pulp City museum. What if it turned up sooner, during the era you are looking at, only for Hellsmith (or his avatar) to be banished again until the twentieth century?

As for Gator: since he was formed of the union of a albino gator-devil and an unfortunate woman, what if something similar has been happening through the generations? Maybe a simple conversion will suffice? Take off the peaked cap and replace with some suitable headwear and voila!

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 5:13 pm
User avatarHeroPosts: 257Location: Kensington, MD, USAJoined: Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:34 pm
abbysdad, that's an ambitious project, but will look stellar when it's done!

(As long as it doesn't take away from your AE-WWII work, heh. Priorities!)

"Are you seeing what I'm seeing? Because I'm seeing gorillas riding pterodactyls, with harpoon guns, stealing a boat."
-Plastic Man, Batman: The Brave and the Bold
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 5:25 pm
Scorpio wrote:
abbysdad, that's an ambitious project, but will look stellar when it's done!

(As long as it doesn't take away from your AE-WWII work, heh. Priorities!)

Shenanigans!

I'm supposed to be safe on this board! You can only bug Morf, Larb and Beermonkey about writing stuff here :lol:

But don't worry. I wouldn't even be thinking about this stuff if the majority of the writing for the next two books and the GenCon AE & Bounty campaigns wasn't pretty much in order.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 9:13 pm
User avatarHeroPosts: 257Location: Kensington, MD, USAJoined: Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:34 pm
abbysdad wrote:
Shenanigans!

I'm supposed to be safe on this board! You can only bug Morf, Larb and Beermonkey about writing stuff here :lol:

Alright, you win this round... :SPT

Quote:
But don't worry. I wouldn't even be thinking about this stuff if the majority of the writing for the next two books and the GenCon AE & Bounty campaigns wasn't pretty much in order.

Truly, this is a golden age.

"Are you seeing what I'm seeing? Because I'm seeing gorillas riding pterodactyls, with harpoon guns, stealing a boat."
-Plastic Man, Batman: The Brave and the Bold
Offline Profile WWW