Dr Tenebrous 100%
C.O.R.E. 100%

Pulp City collection (84,21% painted):
32* Supremes out of 38**
*incl. alt. Gentleman
**incl. Herald
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:45 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 947Location: Frankfort, KentuckyJoined: Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:18 pm
Now that's funny. I love that show.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:06 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
I like the earthy colour for the cape on Skyline - nice choice. :D

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:30 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 1461Location: Zen StudiosJoined: Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:43 pm
John S. wrote:
raptors! Image

PMSL!

Never Bother Questioning Authority, They Don't Know Either . . .

"Damned if you Do, Damned if you don't"
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:24 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 249Location: Gatineau, CanadaJoined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:28 pm
So I'm trying to get back on schedule and I hope to have painted everything by the end of the year. Leon you did a great job of painting a lot of models in 2010 and I'll try to mimic you this year. Here are the 3 models I finished today and a the last one is a work in progress. I will also buy another lamp to get better lighting for my pictures.

First up we have Francis Gator followed by RooK

and now is Supreme Zed wich I've been trying to find good color for a while now. I'm happy with my choices

and this is my work in progress, Mysterious Man with his latest creation, I'm not sure how I'll use them yet but they will make a apperance sooner or later.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:58 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
It is always great to see newly painted minis. :)

It is a tough challenge to paint them all and was a little too much for me; I fell short by 6 minis, and that was having painted 16 the year before. Of course Lady Cyburn has been slapped with the hairy stick today to try and make up for the shortfall.

What is your target number out of interest?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:47 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 249Location: Gatineau, CanadaJoined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:28 pm
Wow, now you made me count them up.... Looks like I challenge myself to paint 51 models. Out of the 51 models 20 are minions (including some cops, Hired Guns and some Mysterious Man Augmented Bodyguard). Of course I count le Murtiple as 3 models in there and I have a Gentleman with sniper rifle in there also. And that's not counting Giant Hadron that I ordered.

It's a big challenge since I always get phase that I don't paint and do other stuff (PS3 comes to mind) but it looks like 1 models per week for now so it should be managable.....I hope.

You guys do inspire me to paint more. It's like contagious, when I see a update on someone's painting thread or blog, I want to paint some myself to keep up with you.

I'll get back to work now, while Mysterious Man dries a bit, I also started on the Hulking Grimm, Dr. Red and Apebot.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:50 am
So it as been a great few days that I could paint a lot. I'm almost done with my 4 cops. Unfortunately I start back to work tomorow so I'll have less time available but still I made good progress in the last 4 days. Here is what I completed today.

First up is Dr. Red and Apebot.

and Mysterious Man followed by a Hulking Grimm.

I hope you like them. I find in the picture that Apebot looks worst than in person but I might try to redo him sometime in the future.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:17 pm
So I just finished the last touches on my 4 Pulp City cops and Sanguine. On another note as anyone here watched the first episode of the new serie The Cape? each time they say Palm City, I swear I hear Pulp City!

I should be able to post some picture of them tonight when they are dry.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:20 am
Well here they are, Sanguine and some Pulp City cops

Now I'm working on some more monkeys.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:55 am
Thanks for sharing; I think Dr. Red is my favourite out of the recent batches. :)

Where are the cops from?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:59 pm
Thanks Leon, I also enjoyed painting him. I'm trying to finish all my A.R.C. models to have a level 12 game with them versus the Heavy Metal.

For the cops, they are from www.armorcast.com, here's a link to them

http://armorcast.com/store/product_info ... cts_id=673

I also bought the High Tech Criminals to make some Hired Guns.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:41 pm
User avatarHeroPosts: 202Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:48 am
are you usung black under coat ?? - if yes that would explain a "messy" efect yo get on the minis
if so try Grey or White oner (or mix of them )

shoud make your minis mech more clear end bright

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:47 pm
yes I do use black undercoat, I've only really used black undercoat since well....it was a long time ago. I still have to undercoat my new models so I'll give it a try.

Do you undercoat them with spray or do you paint your undercoat?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:01 pm
User avatarHeroPosts: 202Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:48 am
Quote:
Do you undercoat them with spray or do you paint your undercoat?

depend ..
for a single minis with smal details - i paint undercoat using GW Fundacion paint (Charadon granite / dnehab stone)- but that reqire practice as it should be watered down do certain lvl in wich it give smouth finish but dont create a flood (wich is caind of hardto get - reqire practice) - then i usualy create Zenithal with white spray

when going for more then 1 mini - 2 layers of undercoat
a dark 1 from a spray (black / dark grey / brown / dark green - yup you mey buy such 1 in such colors - but not from GW )
then Zenithat with white

end ther are some time a "special" cases .. wich ends with grey primer from spray end then white zenithal from sprey / airbrush)

well thats moust of caces

- in the way with multi coating - rymember to keep proper distance betwen dyfusor (spray) end the mini (or mini will drown in paint)

Offline Profile