<  Hobby Section  ~  General painting chat thread

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:05 pm
User avatarPulp City IconPosts: 1819Location: Cornwall, UKJoined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:22 pm
Ooooooh, what's that then?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:15 pm
User avatarImmortalPosts: 1161Location: Montreal, CanadaJoined: Tue May 12, 2009 4:23 am
pulpcitizen wrote:
Glad you are feeling better and making some progress is always nice isn't it?

In my queue right now are: Night Fright and Leech and a second Grimm Elder, as well as by painting exchange mini for HB. :)

Progress is one of the greatest feelings... I have so much to paint, and I love doing it, but I find I often get stuck halfway through a mini as I just get blocked...

How are you basing Night Fright? I find that's my major stumbling block with him...

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:13 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
cardboardvampire wrote:
pulpcitizen wrote:
Glad you are feeling better and making some progress is always nice isn't it?

In my queue right now are: Night Fright and Leech and a second Grimm Elder, as well as by painting exchange mini for HB. :)

Progress is one of the greatest feelings... I have so much to paint, and I love doing it, but I find I often get stuck halfway through a mini as I just get blocked...

How are you basing Night Fright? I find that's my major stumbling block with him...

Sneak peek of the WiP is here: http://pulp-citizen.blogspot.co.uk/2013 ... h-wip.html

:)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:27 pm
User avatarImmortalPosts: 1161Location: Montreal, CanadaJoined: Tue May 12, 2009 4:23 am
Clever...

I mocked up a few options, like having him flying over boxes or a rail, but that looks much better!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:54 pm
User avatarHeroPosts: 152Location: Peterborough, ONJoined: Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:23 pm
I may have to "borrow" that smoke idea.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:11 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
Classic Goblin Glider belching smoke all the way!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:59 pm
I took out a bunch of mostly finished models to wrap up.

Ripose is done, as are Virus, Apebot and Dr Red. I'd forgotten about the three apes, and they didn't really need much to finish.

I'm really quite happy with Dr Red. I was never fond of the sculpt originally, but after painting it up, I really have a new appreciation for it.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:18 am
Just managed to pretty much finish Green Emepeor; started Staurday and now just need to ensure one or two final highlights are done. Unusual for me as I often start a mini and put it down to work on other stuff before coming back to it, but not this time. :)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:16 pm
Nice... I'm also working on the green emperor too. It really is a fantastic model.

It's also kinda fun to make use of mostly one colour, in different shades and tones. I mean, you can't paint the Green Emperor in Reds or Purples. Although my wife thought it would be a funny idea...

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:45 pm
cardboardvampire wrote:
Nice... I'm also working on the green emperor too. It really is a fantastic model.

It's also kinda fun to make use of mostly one colour, in different shades and tones. I mean, you can't paint the Green Emperor in Reds or Purples. Although my wife thought it would be a funny idea...

I have gone for a super limited palette of 5 base colours, 3 of which are greens, and one is a blue green. :D

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:43 pm
pulpcitizen wrote:
I have gone for a super limited palette of 5 base colours, 3 of which are greens, and one is a blue green. :D

Woah there... A Blue green? I'm not sure that's legal! He's the Green Emperor, not the Seafoam Green Emperor... What do you think he is, a bridesmaid?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:07 am
cardboardvampire wrote:
pulpcitizen wrote:

Woah there... A Blue green? I'm not sure that's legal! He's the Green Emperor, not the Seafoam Green Emperor... What do you think he is, a bridesmaid?

I know, I know; I will get a green glaze on that ASAP! :P

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:42 pm
pulpcitizen wrote:

I know, I know; I will get a green glaze on that ASAP! :P

:) Good man.

Finished my Green Emperor yesterday. It's a great sculpt. It's also one of my better paint jobs. Knowing that it's being sent to someone else inspires me to put in just a little more effort, I think...

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:08 pm
Sounds cool. Took pics of my exchange mini tonight (as well as GE) so will post in the next couple of days.