<  Hobby Section  ~  Return to Kodo Island

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:07 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 1461Location: Zen StudiosJoined: Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:43 pm
As I mentioned elsewhere, and posted on my Blog.

I've been working upon a Scenario "Return to Kodo Island" where a bunch of Hero Supremes clash with a group of Villains over information held a Data disc hidden somewhere on the island.

I finished the hut last night, and glued together the furniture for the interior/exterior of the dwelling (courtesy of Old Crow/Ainsty) - some stacked crates, filing cabinets, computer desk & chair, and a skip.

The extra props have a purpose, the Supremes might need things to throw at each other!

All I need to do now is finish painting the Snapdragon wilderness terrain, texture the base-board and finish writing the scenario.

Return to Kodo Island will be my first Pulp City Battle-Report, so I hope it all works out - I hate it when things go wrong LoL!

Never Bother Questioning Authority, They Don't Know Either . . .

"Damned if you Do, Damned if you don't"
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:14 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 1536Location: SE KansasJoined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:14 am
You appear to be doing things right thus far in Pulp City, so I don't know why this would be any different.

I'm anxious with anticipation!

Now Accepting Commissions!

My Blog: Pen and Lead
Offline Profile WWW YIM
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:22 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 1461Location: Zen StudiosJoined: Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:43 pm
"Thus Far" - I like that ;)

I've ACTUALLY been a little cunning with this, I bought the Snapdragon stuff a while ago (its really pretty) and hadn't really found a use for it - I don't play Fantasy games as a rule, the one I do like (Helldorado) this sort of terrain isn't really appropriate for.

Then I was actually scribbling some story notes, an idea I had about Kodo Island - how as its pretty much abandoned it would be a great location for secret research.

The idea seemed too much fun to just use in a story, so it "evolved" into a Scenario.

The hut (or shack) if I leave out the modern furniture could quite readily do for a Bayou dwelling for Malifaux, or if I replaced it with a bombed out ruin the layout would work with AE-WWII!

So I get to do a nice Scenario, plus it all has some use afterwards too!

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:56 am
User avatarHeraldPosts: 148Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:46 pm
So, this hut... it's big? If I'm reading correctly, you have a board mostly a hut inside which the supremes battle... yes? Very cool idea (unless I'm wrong; then it's stupid. :evil: :oops: :P )

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:16 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
Send me what you've got as far as a scenario if you want Dr. I'd be happy to look it over and give you second opinion. I've got some experience with Pulp City scenarios as you may know.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:22 am
You will get first draft BM!

The hut is around 6"x4" and although not really supposed to be a battleground, is important never the less.

If someone does start a fight in there it would be funny, there are plenty of things to hit each other with LoL!

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:48 pm
Thanks to Beermonkey's input the first (of three) scenario's is ready to go (thanks Devon!!!!) -

Just need to do the Map of the suggested Table Layout, and make the document look purdy.

When I've actually played the scenario I shall post a battle report (with pictures) and post a link to the Scenario document!.

It's kinda cool, even if I do say so myself!

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:03 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 249Location: Gatineau, CanadaJoined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:28 pm
can't wait to see it!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:28 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 947Location: Frankfort, KentuckyJoined: Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:18 pm
Will there be a volcano :twisted:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:35 pm
Bubba Ho-Tep wrote:
Will there be a volcano :twisted:

Dude, do you have a Volcano Fetish :D

No, there is no Volcano.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:44 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
Bubba-Ho Tep has a thing for "liquid hot magma!"

Good question though... We may need to add a volcano, or at least some lava for the final battle! Turns out the new book has rules for that. Muwahahahahahahah!!!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:20 am
ACTUALLY the last part goes BACK to the Island :D

Have you been reading my notes ;) without me seeing!

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:02 am
MortalPosts: 14Location: Cincinnati, OhioJoined: Mon May 31, 2010 9:01 am
Doctor-Warlock wrote:
I finished the hut last night, and glued together the furniture for the interior/exterior of the dwelling (courtesy of Old Crow/Ainsty) - some stacked crates, filing cabinets, computer desk & chair, and a skip.

All I need to do now is finish painting the Snapdragon wilderness terrain, texture the base-board...

How about some pics? I'd love to see what it is you're talking about!

Ghazkhull

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:39 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
Any update D-W?