<  Hobby Section  ~  First pulp miniatures & terrain

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:54 pm
MortalPosts: 13Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:05 pm
Hey All,

a friend picked up the rulebook and some miniatures for me at Salute - ive started painting up the first few - but as is my nature I needed to make some terrain to go with them. Heres a picture of the terrain boards and bulidings im building, plus my first attempts at some heroes and villians.

Just need to paint the buildings and away we go..

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:57 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
Great use of all sorts of pieces there (I sense a Makatishi influence BTW! A good choice if so). :)

Can we see close-ups of the minis soon?

And you beat me to the yellow-white Solar scheme (something I have been meaning to do for ages as an Authority and Lightray fan). :)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:12 pm
Yeah I dont like solars blue scheme, too much of a boy scout.. I got the costume idea from one of the characters in HALCYON (image comics) - if you havnt read it yet pick it up, its awesome. Yeah - liked those cork buildings - gona spray them though, his ones he painted are a bit flat for my liking.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:34 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
BTW panzefaust - did you paint all 6 minis in a week (or less)? If so I am very impressed. :)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:49 pm
Did them all on friday (bank holiday) - made the buildings last night and this morning - i do have a reputation in my club for being a bit of a speedy painter...

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:13 pm
panzerfaust wrote:
Did them all on friday (bank holiday) - made the buildings last night and this morning - i do have a reputation in my club for being a bit of a speedy painter...

:shock:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:01 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 1536Location: SE KansasJoined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:14 am
A bit???? lol.

Nice work and glad your here. Let us know how your first few games go.

Now Accepting Commissions!

My Blog: Pen and Lead
Offline Profile WWW YIM
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:20 am
User avatarHeroPosts: 257Location: Kensington, MD, USAJoined: Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:34 pm
Excellent work, keep it up.

"Are you seeing what I'm seeing? Because I'm seeing gorillas riding pterodactyls, with harpoon guns, stealing a boat."
-Plastic Man, Batman: The Brave and the Bold
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:04 am
Well heres on of the buildings done - sprayed with some army painter sprays - also below my villians so far....

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:31 pm
User avatarImmortalPosts: 1161Location: Montreal, CanadaJoined: Tue May 12, 2009 4:23 am
I'm amazed by how fast you painted those up but what I really wanted to say was that I love those colours for Solar. White and yellow are hard colours to make look good, but you pulled it off really well.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 12:21 pm
Defender of the NeighborhoodPosts: 107Location: GermanyJoined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:36 pm
I really like the colour of Dark Solar. Do you have some more detailled pics of the mini?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 3:05 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 947Location: Frankfort, KentuckyJoined: Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:18 pm
Nicely done, I look forward to seeing more of your work.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:45 pm
MortalPosts: 5Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:21 pm
Great work! I love the Gentlemen especially, very well painted, the white suit brings out the shadow nicely.

I have to ask, what are the dimensions you used on your buildings?

Offline Profile