<  Hobby Section  ~  Red`s Random superhero/villain creations

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:22 am
User avatarMortalPosts: 9Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:18 am
Hello all!

Big comicfan here that`s finally taken the first steps into Pulp City.

Here`s the first WiPs, Pulp City for starters, long live a deep bitz-box!

Ripper,
My version of the feral brawler, obligatory in any team!

Cyborg,
Tech-based villain,also a must.

Fahrenheit,
You need some capes even with villains and this is my entry.

Slice,
Girl/flyer/fastest member entry.

Punch-Out
Resident big-man.

And the group of villains, named "Team Anarchy" together:

In retrospect they are all very close combat oriented, but then again it fits a group of villains well so I`m not to bothered. Will probably add some more to this team eventually, but I need some heroes to offset the badguys now :)

talast,
Red

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:49 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
Welcome aboard Red.

Will we see these guys progress through painting etc.?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:22 pm
Thanks pulpcitizen!

Yeah that was my plan, taking one mini at a time. Also getting some help in developing some fitting rules/stats to fill out the card :)

Also, don`t hesitate in giving some feedback on what could be done differently ;)

R

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:22 pm
Ripper, round 2:

He just looked to much like that Eversor assasin so I swapped the head and arm holding the severed head. Now he`s a lot more ninja, and I quite like that :D

For some reason I`ve been thinking of Snake-Eyes and Storm Shadow when it comes to Ripper. So it`s 50/50 between a white or a black colour scheme ;)

R

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:32 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 1536Location: SE KansasJoined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:14 am
Red Skullz wrote:
Ripper, round 2:
For some reason I`ve been thinking of Snake-Eyes and Storm Shadow when it comes to Ripper. So it`s 50/50 between a white or a black colour scheme ;)

R

Why not do both?

Great work by the way. We're glad you are here and welcome to the city!

Now Accepting Commissions!

My Blog: Pen and Lead
Offline Profile WWW YIM
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:52 pm
Cheers mate :)

I`m kinda coming to that conclusion myself :lol:

R

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:19 pm
User avatarImmortalPosts: 1161Location: Montreal, CanadaJoined: Tue May 12, 2009 4:23 am
Those are some very cool villain ideas and nice conversion work! I'm very much looking forward to seeing some painted versions.

Welcome to the wonderful world of Supreme combat!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:22 pm
Thanks on both accounts mate :)

Update time!

Fahrenheit, round 2:

Gap filling and some more flames on his body. Rough background on him so far is that his powers are hurting him, hence the mask and sporadic flames.
Should I add some more small flames on legs/torso/cape?

Ripper, round 3:

Now I`m getting where I wanted with this guy, enter the ninja! Think I should add a sword on his back for added coolness.

Did some gap-filling on Punch-Out and Cyborg but nothing pic worthy. More detailed background info on each one laters ;)

R

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:59 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 1536Location: SE KansasJoined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:14 am
Maybe some small flames on his left knee and right calf. Otherwise great work. Super excited to have you around.

Offline Profile WWW YIM
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:11 pm
Yeah that would probably be enough :) I`m kinda leaning towards painting these guys with their equivelant (sp?) in the Authority. So Fahrenheit in Apollos colours and Ripper in the Midnighters. This way I keep the team individual but give a big nod to one of my fav comic series.

Thanks for the kind words mate, I`m just enjoying myself with something entirely fresh hobbywise after 18 years playing GW games :) Nothing wrong with GW games imo but still nice with a change of scenery!

R

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:17 am
Red Skullz wrote:
Thanks for the kind words mate, I`m just enjoying myself with something entirely fresh hobbywise after 18 years playing GW games :) Nothing wrong with GW games imo but still nice with a change of scenery!

R

That's how/why I got involved back in 2007. I wasn't looking for sci-fi nor fantasy, so modern pulp supers was the place for me.

We're not a huge community, but growing all the time.

Offline Profile WWW YIM
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:07 am
I`ve noticed that since I`ve had my eye on Pulp City for the last two years at least :) The response I`ve been getting on some of the other large forums (Ammo Bunker, Warseer, Dakkadakka) is that they didn`t know you could make your own heroes and villains. The fact that you can has made a few consider the game again as far as I know :)

R

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:37 am
Red Skullz wrote:
I`ve noticed that since I`ve had my eye on Pulp City for the last two years at least :) The response I`ve been getting on some of the other large forums (Ammo Bunker, Warseer, Dakkadakka) is that they didn`t know you could make your own heroes and villains. The fact that you can has made a few consider the game again as far as I know :)

R

You can't make "official" Supremes as of yet. You can use the BOOM rules to "build your own minion" and use any model at that point, and if you take cues from the forums, you can find some good hints on how to to get close to a supreme.

We are slowly working on a supplement where you might be able to build your own Supremes, though. :roll:

Offline Profile WWW YIM
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:24 pm
True but there`s still enough in the rulebook to get it houseruled, but a proper supplement to do it would be most awesome :D

R

Offline Profile