<  Hobby Section  ~  Terrain advice - board and buildings

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:22 pm
SidekickPosts: 55Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:11 pm
Hi,

Just starting to build some terrain (bought a bunch of toy cars for scenery today) and wanted to get advice on the size of the board and how big to make the buildings. The advice I can see for the board is a 6" deployment zone and 18" between teams, which is a 30" square board if my maths doesn't fail me :)

Is that a recommended size as I saw that 2 feet square was also recommended? If using 2' square, we could always reduce the deployment zone to 3" to keep the 18" apart rule which is no doubt the more important one?

Secondly is building height. I was going to go for mostly single or 2 storey buildings so the supremes can swarm all over them and use them, but I also wanted to go for one taller building, say 8 storeys high, to give a different height to the board. Would that just be too big and cut down too much of the useable space on the board?

All advice from you veterans gratefully received!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:54 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 1536Location: SE KansasJoined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:14 am
At this point in time the standard is a 3'x 3' board, which can be used for a variety of scenarios and plots/agendas.

You can't go wrong with that.

Now Accepting Commissions!

My Blog: Pen and Lead
Offline Profile WWW YIM
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:35 am
User avatarHeroPosts: 354Location: Tindal, AustraliaJoined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:53 pm
I've been playing games mainly on 2x2. If you are, reduce the deployment to 3" and you're set. 2x2 works up to about level 6... after that things get a bit crowded!