<  Hobby Section  ~  How do you base your Supremes?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:32 pm
User avatarPulp City IconPosts: 1819Location: Cornwall, UKJoined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:22 pm
Hi all,
I have finally ordered my first batch of Supremes.
But Im unsure on how to base them.
I won a selection of Dragonforge Wasteland II bases in a comp a while back but I dont know if they fit the look and feel of Pulp City.

How do you do yours?
Any suggestions are welcome aswell

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:46 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
I mostly use Dragon Forge and Fenris Games bases. Both are great value and suit my needs.

For Heroes I tend to favour less damaged/more pavement/side-walk styles.

For Villains I mostly favour more damaged/broken ground types. Ulthar have a type of base from Dragon forge called Lost Empires.

And of course there are some exceptions. :)

But what I feel I have most importantly done is that no matter the base I have followed a very similar palette - thus most have some grey on them (the same grey and same highlighting and wash technique is used in all cases) and the browns tend to be of a similar hue. That way I hope the bases don't stand out too much and hopefully mostly blend in with the terrain set-ups I do, and even when they have different styling should mesh due to colours.

That is just one way, and I think so long as you do what you are happy with then that is cool.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:10 pm
User avatarPulp City IconPosts: 1819Location: Cornwall, UKJoined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:22 pm
I have had a look at the Fenris and Dragon Forge city bases but neither of them really grab me.
I might stick with the Wasteland II ones I have but give them almost a building site or rubble look. Im sure Supremes make a mess of an area

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:34 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 947Location: Frankfort, KentuckyJoined: Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:18 pm
I either make my own or use Dragon Forge, Jeff does some fine work.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:41 am
MortalPosts: 45Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:56 pm
I ordered a bunch of Fenris 'post apocalypse' base toppers and I really like them, and they were really cheap too. Plus, one has a broken sink on it, which is awesome!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:51 am
User avatarHeroPosts: 354Location: Tindal, AustraliaJoined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:53 pm
All my Supremes, in fact all my regular Pulp City minis, are based the same way - I wanted it to look like they'd been sucked into a trans-dimensional portal and taken to a gladiatorial arena. So, it's simply Gale Force 9's light brown sand for all of them. Makes it simple for me, except when I run out...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:39 am
Dangerousbeans wrote:
I ordered a bunch of Fenris 'post apocalypse' base toppers and I really like them, and they were really cheap too. Plus, one has a broken sink on it, which is awesome!

Ooohhh, I never spotted those.
Im off to ebay......