<  Hobby Section  ~  An intro and a question on scale

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:46 pm
MortalPosts: 33Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:18 am
Hi, I just got my official rulebook and have convinced my gaming group we are going to pulp city for a bit.

I have never been much of a tabletop wargame player ( i have painted 40k minis over the years, never played ) but was big into battletech.

So I need to start making terrain. I am planning on doing 12"x12" tiles to keep my city terrain sort of modular. I have almost completed 1 scratchbuilt styrene building, but it was pretty time intensive.

I have seen S-scale (1/64) and O-scale (1/48) thrown out as scales to use if you are buying building models.

I dont have a huge budget (but the ziterdes and sarissa look amazing), so any suggestions for goto models to get a good 3' x 3' table going?

Last edited by Mecha_Buddha on Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:41 am, edited 2 times in total.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:04 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
Some of the Plasticville buildings are ideal scale wise (diner; frosty bar; maybe a few others). Get the kist requiring assembly rather than the identical but more expensive pre-built kits if doing so.

However, if you want to save cash, maybe free download papercraft buildings would be best. I have gathered a lot of links through my blog. Some may be old, but look around and you may find stuff of use.

General papercraft links/posts

Welcome to the Forums, BTW. :D

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:22 pm
MortalPosts: 33Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:18 am
Thanks, those will get me turning out my city a lot quicker.

Have you (or anyone else) tried the worldworksgames stuff? it looks good and is very affordable. I have my eye on the vehicle pack so I can stock my streets with fun things to throw.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:55 am
User avatarPulp City IconPosts: 1819Location: Cornwall, UKJoined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:22 pm
I would say go for O scale if you want to pick up buildings. I think it works out to 1:43. Thats the size most people on here seem to use for cars and such anyway.

But I can also highly recommend the Sarissa CityBlock range. Worth the money and will last a VERY long time.

Welcome to the city.
Hope you enjoy your stay!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:49 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
I like the Plasticville stuff in O scale, works very well. I'm also a big fan of the Fat Dragon Capital City paper stuff, lots of good stuff there and a bit less pricey than World Works. It's a nice place to start.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:36 pm
I am also a big fan o O scale because its model is very attractive for me specially fat dragon.Is in this model any further change the scale or not?Which scale is the best if i want to build the model in the future?