<  Hobby Section  ~  I Found a Surprise! June Summers

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:23 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 1536Location: SE KansasJoined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:14 am
A gamer in my region was selling some minis, and one of them happened to be June Summers. I've been looking for a while.

Now all I need is Red Baron and I'll be complete.

Notice she's in resin?

Now Accepting Commissions!

My Blog: Pen and Lead
Offline Profile WWW YIM
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:44 am
User avatarPulp City IconPosts: 1819Location: Cornwall, UKJoined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:22 pm
You lucky **$$%#%%$*.

Nice one!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:28 am
User avatarHeraldPosts: 1461Location: Zen StudiosJoined: Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:43 pm
hendybadger wrote:
You lucky **$$%#%%$*.

Understatement LoL!

Never Bother Questioning Authority, They Don't Know Either . . .

"Damned if you Do, Damned if you don't"
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:49 pm
User avatarImmortalPosts: 1161Location: Montreal, CanadaJoined: Tue May 12, 2009 4:23 am
Congrats!

That's an interesting sign though... it shows that pulp city really is reaching a wider audience of people since you found someone who had one.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:51 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 947Location: Frankfort, KentuckyJoined: Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:18 pm
Awesome find dude!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:54 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 1536Location: SE KansasJoined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:14 am
cardboardvampire wrote:
Congrats!

That's an interesting sign though... it shows that pulp city really is reaching a wider audience of people since you found someone who had one.

There is a back story to it, and he has had it for a long time. It's not someone who is new unfortunately. :(

Offline Profile WWW YIM
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:55 pm
User avatarPulp City IconPosts: 1819Location: Cornwall, UKJoined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:22 pm
Do we get to know the back story?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:28 pm
hendybadger wrote:
Do we get to know the back story?

Sure, but I don't want to post it on the forums. lol

Offline Profile WWW YIM
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:40 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 947Location: Frankfort, KentuckyJoined: Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:18 pm
I am curious as well, please enlighten me.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:20 pm
User avatarHeroPosts: 174Location: Chicago, USAJoined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:27 pm
Grrr. I hate Limited Edition Minis.

HATE.

It's like Magic the Gathering or SW Mini's or what have you... advantage goes to the guy who either has the most money to throw at the hobby to get someone to part with something extremely rare... or to someone who is extra lucky to have A) Found it as a fluke, or B) Been around when it was available.

Sour Grapes, I guess.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:10 pm
You dont need to have June to use her.
Her rules are in the Pulp City Guide as an exclusive Minion.

The Red Baron states on the card that the opponent has to agree to you using him so if you dont want to play against it, you dont have to. Again, the rules can be found online and there are alot of Red Skull minis out there.

The Grimm are basic Minions and Im sure thier card will be on the forums in time (there is a thread reserved for it)

The Herald is given to those that promote and help the game alot. So you could work at getting one I guess. Has has good rules but also disadvantages. Very well balanced. No different to several normal Supremes.

All in all, there isnt any advantage to having and using them.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:48 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 1461Location: Zen StudiosJoined: Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:43 pm
I actually agree with him, but for different reasons.

If a range has hard to get LE's, you never feel like you collection is complete - ever.

It's especially irritating with niche games, as people who get into them generally have such a passionate adoration of these quirky little games.

So there IS an advantage if you own them, just not a tangible rules-based advantage.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:35 pm
User avatarHeroPosts: 174Location: Chicago, USAJoined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:27 pm
There is that too... Im still miffed that I don't have a complete Rebel Storm collection because I won't shell out 20 - 50 bucks each for some of the rares.

And, while it's true, unlike some other games I play, The cards for Pulp City are mostly posted so I *could* use proxies, by that logic, there is no sense in buying ANY minis, I could proxy them all out... But to me, that defeats the purpose... maybe it is a desire to have a complete collection.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:45 pm
I don't do proxies either, at the very LEAST I have to do a conversion specially for a specific model.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:03 pm
I completly agree with the collection thing. And the proxies. If I dont have it, I dont use it.

I was just pointing out that there isnt a gaming advantage like you said with the PC rares compared to MTG etc