<  Hobby Section  ~  First of my heroes

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:05 pm
MortalPosts: 4Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:35 pm
Hi folks, just finished the first two of my heroes, well a hero and a minion. Was rather good fun but zombie wolf took some filling in. for the most part I will be going off the artwork on the font of the boxes, but changing things as I see fit.

Looking forward to getting some games in when worthy gaming opens in Preston.
started on some terrain, but fudged it up by a few milimetres so they dont slot in with the roads. but im sure it will work out second time round.

Quick question? how many civilians do you typically need for a game. Found some nice mins from a spy game that would work rather well but there's only about 8 or 9 that will fit

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:29 pm
SidekickPosts: 59Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:27 pm
I think those are some very well done paint jobs. My only critique (which is minor) is a little more contrast on Solar. That said, I really like how you picked out the sun on his chest, very well done! Not to mention, the base is slick!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:31 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
Really like both of those; nice smooth painting and very effective. Kudos. :)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:32 pm
User avatarImmortalPosts: 1161Location: Montreal, CanadaJoined: Tue May 12, 2009 4:23 am
First off, welcome to Pulp City!

Now, on to your pictures... I love your wolf. Really love your wolf.

Finally your civilian question. Currently, you should have 1 civilian for each level of the encounter. So, if you're playing with the starter, which has 8 levels of supremes, you'd need 8 civilians.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:31 pm
User avatarPulp City IconPosts: 1819Location: Cornwall, UKJoined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:22 pm
I have to agree with the Wolf comment. The tri-colour has worked really well

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:43 pm
User avatarMortalPosts: 16Location: PrestonJoined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:04 pm
Both models look awesome - but the wolf is amazing! how did you do the leaves on the base? they really are a nice touch.
looking forward to going against you when Worthy games opens, I should have my terrain board built by then too :P
I've been looking for some good civillian models for a while, where were you planning on getting them from?

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:22 am
MortalPosts: 4Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:35 pm
thanks for all the comments guys. found some good citizens from crooked dice and also from reaper, about 20 odd in total, will get them before store opens up.

The base materials for the wolf are from the woodland basing kit from a company called basecrafts. really good kits, i didnt paint anything on the wolves base just straight out of the box.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:12 pm
Defender of the NeighborhoodPosts: 107Location: GermanyJoined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:36 pm
:shock:
Incredible Zombie-wolf!!!!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:15 am
User avatarMortalPosts: 3Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada, ehJoined: Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:41 am
That blue is just amazing. Love it. Great skin tones too!