<  Hobby Section  ~  Help with the starter kits

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:36 am
MortalPosts: 2Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:33 am
Guys I need help. I bought the starter sets during the holidays and I'm having a lot of fun painting Solar but I'm stuck, I can't think of a way to assemble the guy to his cape. How did you go about fixing the two?

Also, I had a crack at painting Gentleman. I went for a grey suit, but I feel it's to flat a grey,even with shading and highlighting. when you look at actual suits, they have a white thread woven in the fabric and I don't know how to bring out a similar effect in a miniature.

thanks in advance for any pointers

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:25 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
Solar kin of slots into his cape like this:

http://pulp-citizen.blogspot.co.uk/2010/02/solar.html

So no cutting required, and juts strategic use of glue (which can be tested with a dry fit first.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:35 am
User avatarDefender of the NeighborhoodPosts: 148Location: Enfield, North-London, UKJoined: Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:24 am
If memory serves I put glue on the two ends of the cape and the left foot, I then put Solar's head through the gap in the cape and made sure the foot was placed against the cape before letting the head/chest come forward touch the cape "ends".

I may also have used superglue accelerator to speed up the process but I can't remember.

Not sure how to help with Gentleman without seeing him in his current form, any chance of a picture?

J

Last edited by undead_jon on Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My Painting Blog / My Pulp City Downloads
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:05 pm
MortalPosts: 2Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:33 am
The foot, of course! I think part of my befuddlement came from the cape. During transport, the prongs must have got bent a little, I just bent them carefully and now I can rest Solar's feet at the base of the cape. Thanks a lot guys!

As for pics, I made a post on my blog http://brainpoutine.blogspot.ca/
Thanks undead_jon, you got me blogging again!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:40 pm
User avatarImmortalPosts: 1161Location: Montreal, CanadaJoined: Tue May 12, 2009 4:23 am
I checked out your link and I think your gentleman looks quite good.

:) As a fan of both Pulp City and poutine, I think I'll be keeping an eye on your blog.

Offline Profile