<  Hobby Section  ~  LGW Work Bench

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:43 am
MortalPosts: 39Joined: Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:20 am
well here is my first attempt at my own PC faction. I am a noob to this game so forgive me if my team is either over powered or underrated

The Factions name is still W.I.P as i am struggling to think of what to call them.... will give some thought on this.

The lead Character and his fellow team work for S.C.A.R.A.B industries which stands for:
Security
Cybernetics
Archaeology
Robotics
Armaments
Biochemistry

the lab techs working on the relic are:
Brett Fortay - Security Division
Derrick Fedro - Cybernetics Division
Neil Tanos - Archaeology/Antiquities Division
Cath Hilgore - Robotics Division
Ben Grant- Armaments Division
Dr Helen Wight - Biochemistry Division

During an experiment on an ancient relic a rift was opened to another plane of reality. an invading force of shadow demons entered into the lab at the same time Forgotten and Necroplane troops assaulted the lab seeking to control the ancient relic [for very different reasons] During the ensuing battle the artifact a golden disc merges with Neil giving him instructions on how to close the rift. which he does but in the process the lab explodes. Neil wakes from being knocked out to find the rift has been sealed, but his friends mangled bodies lay around him. Both Necroplane and Forgotten forces were destroyed. Neil stops fighting the artifact it spreads over his body coating him in liquid gold. His arms begin to alter into thick bundles of fibre-optic cables. These lash out connecting with all of the equipment in the lab. he commands all of the robots, surgical devices and computers to repair his friends taking items from secured location in the S.C.A.R.A.B complex. Caught up in the battle for the relic were three S.C.A.R.A.B security guards and three female intern lab assistants each of them were altered using new experimental drugs and gene therapy from the Biochem division.

Lord NEXUS and X7 [Blaster Minion] LEADER/SUPPORT
Neil Tanos Archaeology Division. With the disc now covering his entire body he no longer walks and has been ensconced into a hover throne. This throne allows him to command any electrical, robotic, or even cybernetic device around him. The throne also allows him to join in with his first creation a large mech walker that makes him stronger and harder to kill. With rifts potentially appearing any time now he must prepare for the next encounter. His team are ready they survived the first encounter just barely the next time will be different
When fused with his mech he is unstoppable, climb any where, absorb huge amounts of damage, he can also dish it out. He supports all of his fellow team members with his abilities to connect them all to each other and himself. When he opens this portal to each of them he becomes the NEXUS. When in his basic mode he uses X7 A.I turret to command his Mech.

Virral SPEEDSTER
Dr Helen Wight Was no more now there was only Virral. In the explosion Helen had lost one of her arms this was replaced with a large robotic chainsaw arm, her natural psychic powers were enhanced allowing her to use pure psychic energy as a weapon. Added to this was faster reaction times, and extreme levels of speed.
Using her medical background Virral can slice and dice her way through her eneimes . Her psychic powers let her bypass computer protocols, security sweeps and then allows her to infect a computer with her own style of revenge a psychic computer virus. This supreme is fast and deadly.

KOBRA INFILTRATOR
Cath Hilgore's body was damaged beyond Neil's new abilities but her mind was still intact. He showed her a way to survive a way to get revenge on those who caused this. He help her transfer her mind and soul into one of her robotic creations. A giant mettalic Cobra. It was to be a new military robot that utilised high levels of infiltration, tech. Cam fully loaded with EMP pulse grenade launchers, acidfire spray weapon, EMP shxielding, cloaking and anti-surveillance tech. This was the ultimate stealth device. The transfer worked Cath died but Kobra was born. In her new form Kobra commands her robots far easier then she did before. It has taken some of her friends a long time to adjust to her new look but for Kobra she is now more comfortable with her robot friends then her human friends. One thing mist have learnt don't piss her off snakes bite when they are angry.

Iron Ogre BRAWLER
Derrick Fedro From the Cybernetics Division was fused with his very own experiments turning him into a cyborg- he too lost his right arm (from the same iron girder that Helen had been struck with) his left hand had been crushed, by a falling wall and his face was shredded by glass. His missing arm and hand were replaced with cybernetic components that gave him supreme strength,. His head was covered in an experimental helmet that both kept him alive but also enhanced his natural abilities. He now uses his super strength and stamina to forge weapons, and equipment for his friends. Using a new hammer from the black box sector he is a powerful supreme.

Judgement TANK
Brett Fotay''s chest, pelvis, and legs were crushed by a segement of the roof. Neil fussed his damaged body with an exoskeleton suit that Cath and Derrick had been working on together. It became a living metal, shell that would enable him to walk, lift objects that his shattered body could no longer do. It wasstronger then steel but more flexable. Interfacing this with cybernetic pathways his reflexes and tracking abilities were off the chart. Hee can now absorb energy based weapons, deflect primative projectile weapons and even survive thermal and plasma based weapons for short periods of time. His sense of justice and judgement was the only thing that kept him alive as he was operated on. These ideals are now the corner stone of Judgement.

Cypher BLASTER
Ben Grant from the Armament Division had been touched by one of the smoke tendrils but either due to some freak occurance or a natural defence he did not die but instead his body began to alter then eventually transforming him into the demon he is now. Still obssessed with weapons he has wings, blue skin, long horns and very sharp teeth. He is fast and accurate, even his weapons were effected by the smoke now each shot is tinged with demonic powers and he no longer needs to reload it. If your in a fire fight then Cypher is one you'll be needing. He not only fights this new threat from the rifts but he wages a continuous internal battle against the demonic virus that courses through his body. Stronger and father then he was before he is truly a mater gunsmith.

S.C.A.R.A.B Guards [Blaster Minions]

SIRENS [Speedster Minions]

Scarabs [Infiltration Minions]

the are still in early stages of painting need to do their bases and some more detailing.

cheers
LGW

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:29 pm
User avatarImmortalPosts: 1161Location: Montreal, CanadaJoined: Tue May 12, 2009 4:23 am
Interesting stuff there! Definitely a unified colour scheme.

The one thing I noticed, and you'll excuse me since it isn't painting related, is that you have your leader and support as the same guy. While there's precedent for a model changing roles (Moonchild/Stygian), you may find it an issue at lower point games, since it effectively means you won't be able to field a support model.

Since you're creating your own faction, I'd definitely find another model/character to include who can be a true support model, since you won't necesarily want to include a level 3 in games under 12 points.

Looks like a very interesting start though!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:40 am
cardboardvampire wrote:
Interesting stuff there! Definitely a unified colour scheme.

The one thing I noticed, and you'll excuse me since it isn't painting related, is that you have your leader and support as the same guy. While there's precedent for a model changing roles (Moonchild/Stygian), you may find it an issue at lower point games, since it effectively means you won't be able to field a support model.

Since you're creating your own faction, I'd definitely find another model/character to include who can be a true support model, since you won't necesarily want to include a level 3 in games under 12 points.

Looks like a very interesting start though!

I have a few more minis on the work bench that I was planning on using as full support. I am wanting at least 2 supports, a 2nd brawler and maybe either another blaster or tank. Will eventually make a Powerhouse but as my leader can also be a large guy not sure if I will get one made or not.

Cheers
LGW

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:20 am
OK so last night I made up two new members of the team.

Reboot a sword welding Cyborg who will be my full time support choice and his best mate Firewall a powerhouse.

Reboot will be able to link with other members to help increase there abilities or repair depending on what the rules will allow us (once we get the "build our own faction rules) as for Firewall well he is a big brute with massive strength and has a very short ranged plasma based cannon.

He's slow but deadly in a fight. With regards to my large mech bettle mini could it be used as a tank? Or will it be to big?

LGW

Offline Profile