<  Hobby Section  ~  Pulp City "à l'ouest"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:20 pm
Defender of the NeighborhoodPosts: 124Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:11 pm
If I'm making card templates for Pulp City, it's to play with these cards. ANd to play with these cards, well, I need miniatures. I'm an unlucky player, and someone one day told me that painted miniatures grant luck to those who play them.

So I started to paint my Pulp City miniatures !

As I intend to demo the game in the gaming clubs I frequent, I started with the two Starter Sets. And I made up those to present them :

I also painted some reinforcements ...

Grimmrock because I needed a Lvl1 Supreme to play a Lvl7 encounter, and he seemed easy to paint (true) and efficient (with grimm smahs ? very true !)
Red Bella because she's so awesome (concept & background & miniatures & profile)
And the 2 Ankle Biters because Red Bella comes with them on the battlefield :D

Some more photos on my blog : http://www.gulix.fr/blog/spip.php?article309

The Minis were great to paint, and now, my Hero Squad needs a Leader. Dead Eye and his Vigilantes are next to kick some Necroplane a** :twisted:

Gulix, from West France !

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:22 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
Great to see them painted Gulix. :)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:46 pm
SidekickPosts: 69Location: FinlandJoined: Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:42 pm
Ooh, really nice!

I love Wildman's kilt and Tekkna looks fantastic in teal. The only criticism I have of her is that he brown straps look a bit drab - I think that white straps would've fitted your colour scheme.

As for the Villains side of things, I really, really like your Nuke. The dark, muted armour really accentuates his glow and you have pulled it off wonderfully. Really nice!

Finally, I adore your Grimmrock! Really smooth and nice and the base works wonderfully. And Red Bella also looks really good.

All in all, great stuff! Hope your demos attract lots of new players (with those minis, it should be a breeze) :)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:10 pm
Thanks for the comments !
I hope to get more players attracted to this game, too.
First demo on Saturday. My teammates for the Blood Bowl World Cup invited me to play some "test match", and asked me to bring Pulp City for them to test the game !

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:37 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
Gotta say I love Tekna in teal. Really, really regretting I didn't do that on mine. Oh well maybe next time.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:00 pm
SidekickPosts: 93Location: Madrid, SpainJoined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:28 pm
Really nice work. I like the light effect of Nuke's head.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 1:39 pm
For Tekkna, the colours went by themselves :D After painting her, when I watched at the official mini, I was perplex cause I thought I painted her like this example :shock:

For Nuke, the effects was very easy : first layer of Sybarite Green. Washed with some Badab Black. And then 2 or three dry brush with Sybarite Green + White (more & more).

And here are some new reinforcements for the Heroes. A leader, some independants, and some "fresh" heroes.

Dead Eye

Kitty Cheshire

Arquero

Some Vigilantes

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 6:15 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
More excellent additions. I think Dead Eye is my favourite of those. :)

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 8:38 pm
SidekickPosts: 69Location: FinlandJoined: Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:42 pm
Oh aye, these look excellent! And I agree with Citizen that you really killed Dead Eye here! Seriously great work and the colour scheme works really nicely.

Is that "7" on his chest a freehand? If so, it's damn awesome! The lining is super impressive. And if it's a waterslide transfer you managed to tie to the colour scheme and the folds on the shirt amazingly well.

I also really appreciate Kitty Cheshire - she looks seriously scary!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 11:15 am
Yep, the "7" is freehand. A good practice for my future Blood Bowl teams 8)

For the Dead Eye colours, I wanted to use my former soccer team colours (yellow / black), but the black didn't look great, so I went with brown. It makes him be part of a "Tiger" team :twisted: .

Here are my next two, still WIP :

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 5:22 pm
Skyline and Perun are off to a good start. :)

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 6:18 pm
User avatarImmortalPosts: 1161Location: Montreal, CanadaJoined: Tue May 12, 2009 4:23 am
Solid start on Perun, I'm curious to see how he turns out. I really like the contrast on his chest, between the white and the dark red.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:56 am
So here are my weekend accomplishments :

Perun

Skyline

And the Hover Cats !

Next on my list : Trail, Magneto Grimm and Grimm Lee Chan

Oh, and I put an Hero Team to fight the Necroplane on a Capture the Flag last friday. Dead Eye, his vigilantes, Arquero, Wildman & Tekkna get rid of Supreme Zed, Sanguine, Mourn and Dr Tenebrous (with a bunch of Necro GIs).
The turning point was Supreme Zed doing a landing crash in the 2nd round, nearly killing Wildman & Arquero. But the next activation, a Dead Eye Pass inflicted him 9 wounds ! Added with a previous Arcing Fire, it sent him home ! And it was easier, although we tied the flag intrigue, but I won by putting down Tenebrous (2 times, but he was not dead yet !) in an Assassination agenda.

A great game !

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:59 pm
The minis look great and the game sounds like it was brutal. :)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:31 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
Loving those Hover Cats. I always felt the studio models should have been painted brighter and more cartoony.

That game sounds great! Supreme Zed is scary but if you put the effort in, any model goes away. Even if you have to do it twice sometimes!