<  Hobby Section  ~  2ngelic Supremes

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 8:56 pm
User avatarMortalPosts: 15Location: Allen, TXJoined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:16 am
Okay, so I want to post my pictures here, but I've absolutely failed twice now. How do I add pictures? (Preferably from Facebook, since I'll be adding them there, too...) The first time, I tried the bracketed "Img" and "/Img", but that failed to find the picture, even though pasting it into the address bar, the picture comes up. The second time (just now), Facebook won't let me even get a link for the picture (even though it's listed as public). I'm getting a bit frustrated. Should I just give up and put each picture in photobucket or something? Or am I missing something?

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 9:07 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
If you use Photobucket you can get links from there which go into img code as

[img=http etc.][/img]

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 9:10 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
I also find Photobucket to be the easiest way to share pics.

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 12:23 am
Photobucket it is! (I already had an account, but figured I'd try to kill two birds with one stone. Meh. This works, too.)

First up: The Big Grimmowski

My second painted Grimm: Supreme Grimm

And finally, the one I just finished today: Grimm Digger

I'll post more as I finish 'em.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 7:31 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
Off to a great start arch2ngel! :)

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 11:25 am
SidekickPosts: 69Location: FinlandJoined: Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:42 pm
The lighting is a bit harsh on Grimmowski so hard to make out but I really like the other two. I love the cape on the Supreme Grimm and Digger's skin tone and face look great. I also like the contrast between them in that the Supreme is cleaner and brighter while the Digger is more grimy.

Good job!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 11:22 am
Thanks, pulpcitizen!

Thanks, Math! I forgot to mention here that, while I'm pleased with how the minis turned out (I like to think I fall in the upper levels of amateur status with these), my photography skills are abysmal. Every time I look at Big Grimmowski, I see metal gleaming off the manhole cover, but it's nowhere to be seen in the photo (not like in real life, that is), and Supreme Grimm's nose has a decidedly purple tint in real life (like his eyes), but again, that didn't show up in the photo. Ah well. Guess I need to work on that skill (photography) , too. Oh, and thanks for pointing out Grimm Digger's dirty appearance - I wasn't sure if my efforts had been enough. I still plan to take him with me to paint club to see if he can be improved, but I'm glad to hear he DOES look dirty. :)

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 6:14 pm
User avatarImmortalPosts: 1161Location: Montreal, CanadaJoined: Tue May 12, 2009 4:23 am
I really like those Grimm! Such fun models. Your Grimm Digger came out especially well!

Offline Profile