<  Hobby Section  ~  The return

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:23 pm
MortalPosts: 12Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:23 am
Seeing as Pulp-city has bought me back to the world of miniatures and painting (after more then a two decade break!) I thought it would be appropriate to post a picture the first pulp-city miniature a have painted.

Not quite finished yet, still need to base the model and it needs a bit of a touch up (I used to find leaving a figure for a few days then coming back to it with fresh eyes helps), however I'm rather pleased with the transition of the cloak.
Attachments:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg [ 241.9 KiB | Viewed 1434 times ]

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:04 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
Looks great. I love the old school Pulp Sci-fi vibe you've managed to give him. Cloak transition is nice too.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:18 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
Very nice work, and it is great that Pulp City has been your gateway back to the hobby. :)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:52 pm
MortalPosts: 12Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:23 am
Thanks for the kind words.

Looking forward to painting the rest of my necros, thought I'd deviate from the 'official' colours and try for a more uniform look for my invasion.

And I absolutely Deny that that the purchase of the large tripod from war of the worlds (by Pegasus models - which I only discovered thanks to this forum) has in any way influenced the retro look!

Can't wait for the next models to arrive!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:56 am
User avatarSidekickPosts: 56Location: Kaiserslautern, GermanyJoined: Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:16 am
He looks great. Thanks for sharing. I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of your Necroplane.

I'll have to paint mine als well, so I'll be following for inspiration. ;)

Cheers,
Michael

Offline Profile