<  Hobby Section  ~  Pulp City Sewers

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:01 am
User avatarMortalPosts: 30Location: Santiago, ChileJoined: Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:24 pm
As I'm waiting for my ninja shopper to mail me my monkey business minis I'm building some terrain to play in :D

Hope you like it. i have another cool idea for a Pulp City table but I will resist the impulse and finish this one first :P

I have a lot to do for this one...

Andres

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:37 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 1536Location: SE KansasJoined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:14 am
That is great. You get the cool award for the week.

I can't wait to see it done!

Now Accepting Commissions!

My Blog: Pen and Lead
Offline Profile WWW YIM
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:43 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 937Location: Burlington, Vermont, USAJoined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:55 pm
It is coming allong nicely Steeldragon. Keep up the good work!

"Why did you draw that?" - Invader Larb at The Great Assigning for Operation Impending Doom II
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:44 am
User avatarSidekickPosts: 88Location: TexasJoined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:42 pm
With a city full of sups I'm sure there are some really nasty surprises down there!

Brian

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:20 am
User avatarMortalPosts: 30Location: Santiago, ChileJoined: Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:24 pm
My minis aren't here yet, so nothing to do (yeah, right) but to continue work on the sewers... I'm looking for suggestions for things that are in the sewers and might be throwable...

Hope you like the (slow) advances:

Andres

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:51 am
User avatarHeraldPosts: 937Location: Burlington, Vermont, USAJoined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:55 pm
For throwing you could use the nice barrels from Pegasus Hobbies.

You could have spare manhole covers,a nd trash piles. Keep up the good work. It is going to be awesome when finished.

"Why did you draw that?" - Invader Larb at The Great Assigning for Operation Impending Doom II
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:10 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 1536Location: SE KansasJoined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:14 am
How about some simple ladders against the walls?

Great work!

Now Accepting Commissions!

My Blog: Pen and Lead
Offline Profile WWW YIM
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:39 am
Ladders I'm missing... I need to do several. They are on my to do list along with more stuff to cover the walls...

Thanks for the comments :D

Andres

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:55 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
Cool. Are the four quarters seperate?

I look forward to seeing the finished pieces. Excellent.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:39 pm
It' finally done and primed... is missing some paint but already saw some action :D

It's a little more advanced now...

Andres

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:10 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
Glad to see this moving along, steeldragon. :D

Any chance of a step by step talkthrough of how you made the various elements?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:50 pm
I have some previous step photos that can help with the talk through....

First I assembled the mdf walls and base:

with a marker I draw the floor plan and did the elevations with styrofoam. I didn't used the pink high density thing as it seems that in places you don't have snow that thing is not worth carrying (damn!)

After that I started doing 'plates' of 1mm cardboard with 5mm plasticard reinforcements, I laso cut tiles from the same cardboard. I used some wood bits to 'contain' the water elements of the terrain. I used sand glued with white glue to fill the spots the irregularities of the styrofoam left (first photo of this thread)

In the second photo of this thread I did some detailing using things I got from the local homecenter or that I recycled.

For the tiles I used in the elevated sections I used the texture of some plastic birthday dishes, the pipes are standard water pvc pipes, a few additional panels with extra detail either in cardboard or recycled things (the things that in my head look like fans are a holder of pins I already used for pinning with a wooden 25mm base I had lying around). Before I glued the panels and almost everything I drilled holes on them so I can put pins and use the pin heads as bolts. I used a finer grain sand (purple colored grinded quartz) to fill the spaces between but was not convinced with the result.

Finally I covered with putty the original purple sand (some sort of paper putty that I got at the art shop), my gf glued the plasticard corner protectors I drilled holes in that and put even more pins so everything looks bolted into place

When everything was dry I primed the whole thing. Currently it has an additional black coat, a grey drybrush and I'm starting with the metallics. Hopefully it will reach soon a status when I can say it's basically painted so I can take more pictures that make sense :P

Hope that helps!

Andres

Offline Profile WWW