<  Hobby Section  ~  Bins, benches, etc

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 2:29 am
User avatarSidekickPosts: 93Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:59 am
Hi all,

Thanks to a friend, a few of our gaming group have just picked up a starter set each, and had our first game last night.

One thing I was hoping to find out was if anyone had any recommendations for model bins, lamp posts, benches, etc, that the Supremes can use to beat on each other with. I scouted a couple of local sites that sell model train scenery but couldn't find anything appropriate.

What sorts of destructible scenery pieces have you guys been using?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 4:25 pm
User avatarMinister of PulpPosts: 2027Location: Street FightingJoined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:13 pm
Welcome to the forums!
Try ebay for Mega Miniatures or Armorcast. Lots of options!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:20 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 1536Location: SE KansasJoined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:14 am
Wizkids released some simple terrain sets for Heroclix as well, that might possibly work.

Copplestone Miniatures has some fun terrain you could use as well:
http://www.copplestonecastings.co.uk/

Now Accepting Commissions!

My Blog: Pen and Lead
Offline Profile WWW YIM
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:12 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 937Location: Burlington, Vermont, USAJoined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:55 pm
I think I'm going to get these for park benches: http://armorcast.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=23&products_id=165.

"Why did you draw that?" - Invader Larb at The Great Assigning for Operation Impending Doom II
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:37 pm
User avatarMortalPosts: 16Location: Cincinnati, OHJoined: Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:29 pm
I grabbed these sets from Mega Miniatures at an online store

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:46 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 937Location: Burlington, Vermont, USAJoined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:55 pm
dewen,

Do you have these in hand yet? Do they look decent?

"Why did you draw that?" - Invader Larb at The Great Assigning for Operation Impending Doom II
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:31 am
User avatarMortalPosts: 16Location: Cincinnati, OHJoined: Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:29 pm
Yes, I have one of each. They are sold in a blister and are unpainted metal. Each of set retail for about $12 so I did not have high expectations. I don't think they are bad. I will try and get a photo of the product as it comes out of the blister next to one of my Pulp City models. It may take a couple days before I post it.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:39 am
I like these by Pegasus Hobbies. I own a set. They are plastic prepainted crates. The are packaged in a clamshell, which can be resused to store them. Each crate is individual making fun to toss around in a game of Pulp City. They work well for a warehouse or dock setting. The set contains 8 (4 styles 2 each). The paint job won't knock your socks off but for about $8- you can't beat them.

Pegasus Hobbies also makes an oil drum set. The drums are not painted well but they are cheap (about the same price) and as durable. The set contains 3 individual drums and the rest are one piece (the stacks in the picture). If a Supreme decided to throw one of these, the other player and I grabbed one of the single barrel to represent a barrel being picked up from the stack and tossed.

Either of these are very reasonable in price and durable. They lack great detail and have ok paint jobs.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:32 am
User avatarSidekickPosts: 93Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:59 am
Thanks for all of the suggestions, once our dollar improves here (Australia) I think I'll be placing a few orders for things.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:06 pm
I also got the Pegesus oil drums, crates, plus wooden barrels. I really like them. They are a very good value for the price. Unfortunately their fence products are not scaled very well and I would not reccomend them for Pulp City.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:52 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 288Location: Sydney AustraliaJoined: Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:14 am
Im curious to see the Mega Mini pieces next to a Pulp city figure. I think they are going to be smaller but passable.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 2:08 am
Here you go. I think the size is right on

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:40 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 288Location: Sydney AustraliaJoined: Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:14 am
They are fine.

Their figures always look smaller to me.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:34 am
User avatarHeraldPosts: 947Location: Frankfort, KentuckyJoined: Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:18 pm
dewen wrote:
Here you go. I think the size is right on

These are what I have.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:55 pm
User avatarMortalPosts: 32Location: FranceJoined: Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:42 pm
You should also have a look at this Ebay store :

http://stores.ebay.fr/Fenris-Games_W0QQ ... asstQQtZkm

You can find nice bases and resin sceneries. I already bought some and they are great.