<  Hobby Section  ~  Invader Larb's Supremes + Mysterious Man (4/12/10)

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 3:55 am
User avatarHeraldPosts: 937Location: Burlington, Vermont, USAJoined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:55 pm
Hi folks. I finally got my painted Pulp City models photographed. To start the thread off I present the Herald!

It is a little tricky to see from the angle, but his front foot is slightly raised as he is marching relentlessly towards his target.

Last edited by Invader Larb on Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:34 pm, edited 26 times in total.

"Why did you draw that?" - Invader Larb at The Great Assigning for Operation Impending Doom II
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 4:34 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
Nice to see someone's painted Herald. :) The coat shading/highlighting looks very effective to me.

Could you get a closer pic?

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 12:33 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 937Location: Burlington, Vermont, USAJoined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:55 pm
Thanks, Leon. I cropped and zoomed the images in a bit. Does that help?

"Why did you draw that?" - Invader Larb at The Great Assigning for Operation Impending Doom II
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 12:43 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
Invader Larb wrote:
Thanks, Leon. I cropped and zoomed the images in a bit. Does that help?

Much better. :)

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 5:43 pm
User avatarSuper HeroPosts: 658Location: Spirit of Pulp CityJoined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:09 pm
How did you get one? I want one :)

My Gaming Blog
http://miniaturemayhem.net/
My Activity Log: Nothing right now. House is still being renovated... :(
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 6:00 pm
Morf had a friendly competition for the changes made to the Puilp City logo. He said the first one to spot a change in "the look" of the forums would win a Herald. For almost two weeks I did not eat or sleep. I hit refresh on my browser so many times I had to replace my mouse twice.

Heralds will be able to get them once the program is started.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 7:09 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 2139Location: Maine U.S.A.Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:52 am
I got mine as a consolation due to the lateness of the last release. I've got some paint on him now but I'm not ready to post pics yet. Stay tuned.

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 2:40 pm
I can't wait to see him, Berrmonkey.

Here is Mourn. I wanted him to look other-worldly so I kept his body pretty mono-chromatic. I decided to give him a fleshy cloak to really add an icky-factor and to have a focal point for the mini. The basing is difficult to see, but it is bloody goo that also has tortured faces screaming in torment.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 4:53 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 725Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:25 pm
Hm... it doesn't look... finished. I like the base a lot, but the mini itself is just not appealing to me, you should put some more shadows and lights on the cape, and with the body, if you want to keep it neutral, you should at least put more contrast, cuz it looks like it's just based...

Hang in there :)

Seabolt 12%
Dr Tenebrous 100%
C.O.R.E. 100%

Pulp City collection (84,21% painted):
32* Supremes out of 38**
*incl. alt. Gentleman
**incl. Herald
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 8:14 pm
User avatarMortalPosts: 11Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:56 am
Quote:
Hm... it doesn't look... finished.

Agreed! My first though was that it is a WIP.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 9:19 pm
Here is Invader Larb's Hellsmith. I'll try to get more photos of some other supremes in the next few days.

He is standing on molten coals. I need to get a better picture of the basing...

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 9:30 pm
MortalPosts: 5Joined: Sun May 17, 2009 11:12 am
nice job i like the skin tone

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 2:16 am
User avatarMortalPosts: 12Location: Bellevue, WAJoined: Wed May 20, 2009 2:09 am
Curse you, Larb!

I was immune until I saw the Herald model on TGN.

Now my LGS might be looking to bring in some sets. ;)

Pusher. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 12:34 pm
Hey, I do what I can....

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 12:41 pm
User avatarSidekickPosts: 97Location: Brunswick, MaineJoined: Tue May 19, 2009 6:41 pm
First hit's free baby, first hit's free.

Nice painting btw Larb. My Hellsmith is assembled and raring to get painted.

Offline Profile