<  Hobby Section  ~  Invader Larb's Supremes + Mysterious Man (4/12/10)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:00 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 937Location: Burlington, Vermont, USAJoined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:55 pm
Exactly, John. Aren't these guys just fun miniatures?

"Why did you draw that?" - Invader Larb at The Great Assigning for Operation Impending Doom II
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:27 pm
User avatarMortalPosts: 44Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:55 pm
lol, those are cute :D Perfect sentry bots!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:55 pm
User avatarHeraldPosts: 937Location: Burlington, Vermont, USAJoined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:55 pm
They are pretty posable too. The head and arms are sperate bits. The hand holding the barrel is pretty flexible, so you can position them in a muber of different ways.

Part of me is tempted to get like 30 of them and paint them for a special robot invasion scenario.

"Why did you draw that?" - Invader Larb at The Great Assigning for Operation Impending Doom II
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:25 pm
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
Do those robots come with slottas or integral bases?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:59 pm
Integral base. I put them or a normal round-shouldered 30 mm base and just expanded the texture out a little bit with green stuff.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:55 pm
User avatarMortalPosts: 35Location: Skierniewice, PolandJoined: Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:48 pm
ROGER ROGER

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:28 pm
Here is Sister Bedlam and victem. I had a hard time deciding on a scheme, and then just went with the bright green. I am pretty happpy with the final results. I still need to add some blood effects around the victem to match Dr. Tenebrous.

I probobly need to reshoot the first image as well. But the photo is good enough to give you an idea what she looks like.

Enjoy!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:19 am
SidekickPosts: 66Location: The spaces betwix the starsJoined: Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:40 am
Lol love her walking over the body, that is pure awesome. :D

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:59 am
User avatarGuardian of PulpPosts: 4526Location: House of Jade LanternsJoined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am
Carniwar wrote:
Lol love her walking over the body, that is pure awesome. :D

It is a brilliant adaptation of the model in my view to replace the machinery with the body. Great stuff. :D

Where is the body from?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:09 pm
The corpse was fun. It really highlights how evil she is. The bit is from Enigma miniature. You can see it at FRP games for the USA: http://www.frpgames.com/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=53250 You can get it directly from Enigma in Europe: http://enigmaminiatures.com/prestashop/product.php?id_product=123

It is actually a fantasy mini, but with a little greenstuff you can make his tunic look like a windbreaker or jacket.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:10 am
MortalPosts: 1Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:53 am
That's really excellent! I also want to own one,too.
They are very vivid, i really like it! Just like the Costumes i had seen on a website.
Wonderful! you can have a look by means of the signature.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:33 pm
Well, I have been painting. But I am far behind on photography. So here is a new model to share, the villainous Mysterious Man.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:49 pm
Nicely done, IL. The metal plating on rock gives a cool sense of what I imagine his isalnd lab could be a little bit like. :D

I finshed my own Mysterious Man yesterday and hope to post him in a couple of days time.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:41 am
Nice!

I used basing inserts for 40 mm bases to make Mysterious Man and Xenobi look insignificant on the table. After all, MM wants to keep himself low key and Xenobi is a really little dude.

Xenobi will be one of my next projects. I also have some terrain in the queue.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:08 pm
User avatarHeroPosts: 202Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:48 am
if i got eny "golden thouts" i could share about your painting it will be
"keep it clean" & "try to applay paint only in places in wich you tray to aplay it"

a common error among beginers end casual painters is jumping on deep water end using all advenced tech before mastering the base .. end base is cleen end thin laying a base collors

keep painting - only practice make you a master :)

Offline Profile